The all purpose home defense side arm

Honestly though, out of all the handgun talk I still believe a home defense gun should be a SBR in a pistol caliber. Next on my list would be an AK with soft points to reduce penetration of walls.

Remember this saying,

"A pistol is only good for fighting your way back to your battle rifle that you should have never put down in the first place."

The problem with the "rifle" is that it can hit a neighbor who lives quite a distance away. The same is true with the AK.

You mean magazines?

Naah I leave those in the bathroom for reading material.

A friend made me a nice custom holster for my chair with 4 clip pouches.

What kind of gun do you have that you would use a clip instead of a magazine?

There are no pistols that I know of that use a clip. to load ammo with, and only a handful of rifles that do. The Mosin Nagant.,sks and the M1

Honestly though, out of all the handgun talk I still believe a home defense gun should be a SBR in a pistol caliber. Next on my list would be an AK with soft points to reduce penetration of walls.

Remember this saying,

"A pistol is only good for fighting your way back to your battle rifle that you should have never put down in the first place."

The problem with the "rifle" is that it can hit a neighbor who lives quite a distance away. The same is true with the AK.

Thats why the SBR that I prefer is in a pistol caliber to help prevent those type of things.

I agree though that the AK will increase the penetration exponentially. I would use soft points to help reduce the penetration. No gun is perfect in every situation. It really comes down to what you are comfortable with.

There's an old saying: "A handgun is only good for fighting your way back to your rifle or shotgun".

Forum List

Back