The all purpose home defense side arm

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGJXvnpVQk&feature=feedu[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq9aeWaAR0Q&NR=1[/ame]

Not a fan of handguns. I like my assault rifle.

You do a disservice when you refer to your rifles as "assault rifles"

Technically, most "assault rifle" owners consider FULLY AUTOMATIC firearms an assault weapon, not a semi auto.... Unless you have a true Full Auto or you plan on assualting someone with your rifle.

Its the same thing as "high capacity" magazines. Almost all of those magazines are STANDARD CAPACITY for that firearm.

The Brady Bunch have done a very good job at changing the names of firearms into "scary" sounding names so people will fear them and thus support restrictions on them. I saw a report from them about the "proliferation of sniper rifles" in America........The were talking about your grandpa's deer gun.

Please don't be sucked into their scheme.

Not a fan of handguns. I like my assault rifle.

You do a disservice when you refer to your rifles as "assault rifles"

Technically, most "assault rifle" owners consider FULLY AUTOMATIC firearms an assault weapon, not a semi auto.... Unless you have a true Full Auto or you plan on assualting someone with your rifle.

Its the same thing as "high capacity" magazines. Almost all of those magazines are STANDARD CAPACITY for that firearm.

The Brady Bunch have done a very good job at changing the names of firearms into "scary" sounding names so people will fear them and thus support restrictions on them. I saw a report from them about the "proliferation of sniper rifles" in America........The were talking about your grandpa's deer gun.

Please don't be sucked into their scheme.

I took it that he owned a automactic weapon, thats why I did not question his comment.

Not a big fan of revolvers. Slow to reload and they hold a small amount of rounds.

I would prefer a 1911 or honestly a SBR sub gun so its easily handled inside a house but lacks the penetration of a high power rifle that may end up hurting your neighbor sleeping next door. It would be more accurate, quicker follow up shots, quicker reloads and holds more rounds in the mag.

The only problem with the SBR is all the red tape.

Not a big fan of revolvers. Slow to reload and they hold a small amount of rounds.

I would prefer a 1911 or honestly a SBR sub gun so its easily handled inside a house but lacks the penetration of a high power rifle that may end up hurting your neighbor sleeping next door. It would be more accurate, quicker follow up shots, quicker reloads and holds more rounds in the mag.

The only problem with the SBR is all the red tape.

The reason I said it was the muilt-purpose side arm is that it also has the compasity to shoot a 410 shotgun shell

12 gauge pump loaded with buck shot works very well as a home defense weapon.

The shorter the barrel the better

Hell have a shotgun and a 45 next to your bed that way you're covered.

12 gauge pump loaded with buck shot works very well as a home defense weapon.

The shorter the barrel the better

Hell have a shotgun and a 45 next to your bed that way you're covered.

It shoot three types of ammo
410 SHOTGUN SHELL 45 ACP AND 45 COLT.

Don't wanna have to actually fire it and mess up the paneling or take out a window.

Would rather just let the CA-CHUK of cocking it do all the work.

SBS.ht1.jpg

I sell home defense shotguns all day, every day. The "little old ladies" we steer towards them get the following speech from me:

"This is how you load the weapon. Here that sound? They will hear it too, and they will know what is coming next. If you pump this thing, and they don't turn around and haul ass, start blasting away like your life depends on it, because it does."

The sound of a pump shotgun is the greatest deterrent to a home invasion that doesn't have to result in death. If you rack a pump gun, and they don't leave, they are crazy, drugged-up, and/or mean you harm. Empty the gun on them, and worry about what their motivation was later.

I sell home defense shotguns all day, every day. The "little old ladies" we steer towards them get the following speech from me:

"This is how you load the weapon. Here that sound? They will hear it too, and they will know what is coming next. If you pump this thing, and they don't turn around and haul ass, start blasting away like your life depends on it, because it does."

The sound of a pump shotgun is the greatest deterrent to a home invasion that doesn't have to result in death. If you rack a pump gun, and they don't leave, they are crazy, drugged-up, and/or mean you harm. Empty the gun on them, and worry about what their motivation was later.

The only bad thing about scaring them away is that they may come back when you aren't at home I do not want to scare them away with the sound of a slide from a shotgun. The boom works real good in my opinion.:lol:

The only bad thing about scaring them away is that they may come back when you aren't at home I do not want to scare them away with the sound of a slide from a shotgun. The boom works real good in my opinion.:lol:

Well......in my house, the first thing they're going to experience is 8 rounds from a 1911 :) But that's just me.

If they're still standing by round 6, I will be working my way towards the pump, loaded with 8 shells, 6 rounds of 00, and the final 2 rounds being slugs.

If they're still standing after all that, they can have it, because I do not have a grenade :)

We have a 3-tier level of security at my house. Baseball bat, .357, and 12 gauge double barrel. So far, it has served us well.

For those who prefer the "baseball bat" route, or cannot have a firearm, might I suggest this:

Smith & Wesson 24 in. Collapsible Baton w/Sheath - SWBAT24H

24" (which means you'll have to get "slightly" closer than most baseball bats), but if you hit them with this, broken bones are a guarantee. Hit them in the ribs first, then the knee, and if still needed, hammer the head when they hit the ground (this is going to kill them, but better them than you).

Well......in my house, the first thing they're going to experience is 8 rounds from a 1911 :) But that's just me.

If they're still standing by round 6, I will be working my way towards the pump, loaded with 8 shells, 6 rounds of 00, and the final 2 rounds being slugs.

If they're still standing after all that, they can have it, because I do not have a grenade :)

With me if it's just one person I will cut their fucking guts out with my readlly availble KBar, if their is more than 1 person I have my 45 at the rady with Hornady 45 ACP+P 200 gr HP XTP TAP If that doesn't slow them down I have a 12 gauge pump with 3" double 00 buck shot as a back up

I would think that most home-defense situations last a matter of seconds.
If you can't take care of business with a revolver, you're probably screwed anyway.

Exactly! My home defense weapons are revolvers. Easier to handle in the dark and much more dependable than a semi-automatic. I figure if I can't take out my target with 6 rounds from my .44, I really deserve to die

They always say its better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Last edited:

Forum List

Back