The Aftermath of the Trial

Pop, obviously the scenario you describe would have played out differently in the press, nobody is going to challenge that.

My answer will have to be the one with the wiggly arms: :dunno:

If the press handles it as it should have been handled. If Potus allows the state to handle it, it's simply another case that the court handles and the world moves on

Yet that is NOT what happened

Using my example, and the logic of those who want Zimmerman jailed, then the Hispanic female had two choices once the assault started

Shoot the young man, or

Let him finish and report the rape later

Which is right?

Obviously George was able to convince a jury that he was under attack when he fired his weapon and under similar circumstances I would have pulled the trigger too. Tell her to shoot the young man.

Obviously I'm not going to 'defend her attacker' in your scenario, and I'm not defending Mr Martin either. As I said both of those boys fucked up.

I still say that this average Joe, and most any woman out there, would not have been stupid enough to ignore the advice of the 911 operator and engage.

Would George have been as stupid as he was had he been unarmed? Is it smart to give the borderline stupid access to enough firepower to tip them over the edge?

Frosty questions, but the one that's going to make us look the coldest in the history books is "How many stupid deaths could have been prevented by reasonable gun laws?"

George did not testify and never said a word during the entire trial.
Did not have to.

Frosty questions, but the one that's going to make us look the coldest in the history books is "How many stupid deaths could have been prevented by reasonable gun laws?"

The answer is - NONE. Gun laws ( meaning gun restriction) CAUSE more deaths than they prevent.
See death and crime statistics in Chicago.

The answer is - NONE. Gun laws ( meaning gun restriction) CAUSE more deaths than they prevent.

Criminals obey NO laws much less gun laws.
Crime statistics are about the same. How many crimes never get reported because it is one criminal committing a crime against another criminal?
Crime stats are what is reported. Dead bodies do not lie but many times they have no leads in Chicago.

Who shot Trayvon for being a thug? He was shot because he committed a violent act.

Oh, and there aren't any Zimmerman groupies, only Trayvon Groupies. You don't see us wearing Trayvon T-shirts.

If I had a son, he would look like Zimmerman.

If I had a son he'd look like Brad Pitt.

5906241_f496.jpg

I have a son and he looks like this:

HumveeOnPatrol.jpg

Crime statistics are about the same. How many crimes never get reported because it is one criminal committing a crime against another criminal?
Crime stats are what is reported. Dead bodies do not lie but many times they have no leads in Chicago.

I am trying to figure it out where exactly you disagree with me. :)
I have always thought that "stats" is a short version of "statistics" but your message seem to disagree with this.
Let's just concentrate on dead bodies here, since those are reported ( if found) - by statistical reports those are way higher in Chicago.

I am trying to figure it out where exactly you disagree with me. :)
I have always thought that "stats" is a short version of "statistics" but your message seem to disagree with this.
Let's just concentrate on dead bodies here, since those are reported ( if found) - by statistical reports those are way higher in Chicago.

I do not disagree with you.
Crime stats are like your first piece of ass telling you yours was the first cock she blew.
No one really knows.

When I get my NRA magazine each month, the first thing I read is the page of true stories where lives are saved by having a gun. I have been a card carrying member of the NRA for many years, and I trust their statistics and research. Common sense says that responsible citizens that are armed save lives.

Of course, rare accidents with guns happen, but the good far outweighs the bad regarding gun ownership.

In America, "Justice" should not be confused with "fairness under the law". In all probablility, GZ was guilty, but the burdon of proof was on the prosecution, and they failed to meet that burdon. It is less about raciism than it is about the failure of the prosecution to follow through and sucessfully do their job, or not to have brought charges in the first place.

My brother-in-law was killed by a drunk driver who ran head long into his motorcyle on the wrong side of the road, after pulling out of a bar parking lot. It was an open and shut case, but the prosecution accidently messed up the paperwork, and the guy walked.

I believe that people like GZ, for the most part, do not change and grow with time. I believe that he is the kind of guy who will believe that what he did was OK, and will be able to get away with similar behavior in the future. A big tip off to me was when he said it was all 'God's plan". That was O.J all over again.

The presecution should try to learn from this, and do a better job in the future. I believe that karma will catch up with GZ by itself. In fact, I fully expect him to be in the news on the wrong side of the law again within a year.

In the meantime, life goes on, and nobody ever claimed that life is fair.

Last edited:
Let's examine this case through "the looking glass" as it were...

Let's pretend that Trayvon Martin is a 17 year old white kid, on his way home from visiting the 7/11 when George Zimmerman, the African-American Captain of the Neighborhood Watch group spots him. Let's also pretend that the gated community that our black George Zimmerman is driving through has been victimized by white teens breaking into houses. So when our black George sees this strange white teen, he calls the Police to report him as being suspicious. When the teen runs off our black George tries to keep him in sight so he can tell the Police where the boy is.

In the meantime our white teen is on the phone with his Cracker friend who he tells that he's being followed by a "creepy assed ******". He then leaves the safety of the condo he's staying at...walks back to confront our black George Zimmerman...punches him in the face, knocks him to the ground, mounts him and continues to beat him.

Now you tell me...would the main stream media take "black George Zimmerman" over the coals for shooting our "white Trayvon Martin"? Would there be nationwide protests if he was found not guilty of murder for protecting himself?

Blacks cause 49% of all murders in this country. Yet we're not suppose to enforce our laws equally against them?

I'm starting to believe that the left want these people to freely kill, rape and steal. This is somehow your solution.

You apparently are posting 90% of the stupid racist crap for all white posters.....

When I get my NRA magazine each month, the first thing I read is the page of true stories where lives are saved by having a gun. I have been a card carrying member of the NRA for many years, and I trust their statistics and research. Common sense says that responsible citizens that are armed save lives.

Of course, rare accidents with guns happen, but the good far outweighs the bad regarding gun ownership.

Rare accidents with a fork happen too

But, George Zimmerman is a racist! ...is he?

As with Zimmerman’s ‘innocence,’ we’ll never know.

Three other things we’ll never know:

Why did Zimmerman ignore the dispatcher’s instructions?

Why did Zimmerman leave the safety of his own car only to place himself into a potentially dangerous situation?

And what compelled Zimmerman to pursue Martin at all, failing to allow the police to investigate?

Zimmerman not withstanding, citizens have the right to be racist. They have the right to believe all young black men are potential criminals, and they have the right to ‘take precautions’ predicated on that fear, hate, and ignorance. But they must also be prepared to suffer the consequences of their racism.

The Zimmerman trial is over, and the correct verdict rendered; there’s nothing more to discuss, as the trial is now part of Florida case law.

What does need to be discussed, however, is how to ensure citizens understand the law, what constitutes self-defense and what does not, and how to protect oneself in the context of this case law.

But, George Zimmerman is a racist! ...is he?

As with Zimmerman’s ‘innocence,’ we’ll never know.

Three other things we’ll never know:

Why did Zimmerman ignore the dispatcher’s instructions?

Why did Zimmerman leave the safety of his own car only to place himself into a potentially dangerous situation?

And what compelled Zimmerman to pursue Martin at all, failing to allow the police to investigate?

Zimmerman not withstanding, citizens have the right to be racist. They have the right to believe all young black men are potential criminals, and they have the right to ‘take precautions’ predicated on that fear, hate, and ignorance. But they must also be prepared to suffer the consequences of their racism.

The Zimmerman trial is over, and the correct verdict rendered; there’s nothing more to discuss, as the trial is now part of Florida case law.

What does need to be discussed, however, is how to ensure citizens understand the law, what constitutes self-defense and what does not, and how to protect oneself in the context of this case law.

Actually, Zimmerman followed the dispatcher's instructions to the letter. When asked if he could see which way the suspect had run, Zimmerman got out of his SUV and attempted to keep Martin in sight. When the dispatcher realized that Zimmerman was trying to run after the suspect she told him to stop and he said "OK".

What needs to be discussed is why a 17 year old boy didn't understand the concept that you don't have the right to assault someone because they looked at you funny or followed you. Where was this kid taking his cues from? Who was it that was teaching him that violence was the correct response to a situation like that? Because whoever THAT person is, Clayton? They got a young man killed.

If the press handles it as it should have been handled. If Potus allows the state to handle it, it's simply another case that the court handles and the world moves on

Using my example, and the logic of those who want Zimmerman jailed, then the Hispanic female had two choices once the assault started

Shoot the young man, or

Which is right?

Obviously George was able to convince a jury that he was under attack when he fired his weapon and under similar circumstances I would have pulled the trigger too. Tell her to shoot the young man.

Obviously I'm not going to 'defend her attacker' in your scenario, and I'm not defending Mr Martin either. As I said both of those boys fucked up.

I still say that this average Joe, and most any woman out there, would not have been stupid enough to ignore the advice of the 911 operator and engage.

Would George have been as stupid as he was had he been unarmed? Is it smart to give the borderline stupid access to enough firepower to tip them over the edge?

Joe, there is no doubt that I respect you. I have no doubt in most situations you would act in the best interest of all parties involved

Yet, we as a society MIGHT have a problem, which maybe we should have a discussion about, but using a man who WAS having his head slammed against pavement after having taking a sucker punch that knocked him down IS NOT how we should settle this

To do so is to place all of societies sins at the foot of this individual

By doing that we, in effect, are defending the rapist

Again, I am not saying you are, but unless I hear a coherent argument that the rapist (in my example) can be defended, then this whole thing is simply political folly.

Best thing we can do for the future is discuss this stuff openly. And you're right - this case has been a political football from the start.

Stupid seems to attract the same.

Shoot the young man, or

Which is right?

George did not testify and never said a word during the entire trial.
Did not have to.
:rolleyes:

Though he probably discussed it a bit with his paid shills before THEY convinced the jury.

The nit-picketty arguing over semantics and wording around here has always baffled me. :dunno:

Forum List

Back