The Aftermath of the Trial

What you and the press, and especially the Trayvon supporters did not talk about was that Trayvon was a thug. Kicked out of school for fighting, caught with stolen items, acting like a gangsta online and on film---basically abborant behavior.

Imagine if there was even ONE shread of evidence of Zimmerman doing any of these similar bad things, he would have been crucified for them.

When people start holding everyone to the same behavioral standards, America can move forward. But that won't happen.

:eusa_eh: "...start holding everyone to the same behavioral standards..."

And at gun point if necessary, it sounds like. :disbelief:

Whose standards? :confused: My standards? I'm sure as hell not gonna live by YOUR standards!

And I don't expect you to live by mine, being a Liberal and all.

:dunno: Now what?

So I asked before and I will ask again.....

If everything else were the same except:

George was Georgia

Not a white Hispanic male wanna be cop but a white Hispanic female wannabe cop and

Instead of having his head slammed to the concrete, she was having her clothes ripped off and SHE shot the attacker, killing him

Would you give a rats butt about this?

Would you defend the attacker?

George was Georgia

Not a white Hispanic male wanna be cop but a white Hispanic female wannabe cop and

Instead of having his head slammed to the concrete, she was having her clothes ripped off and SHE shot the attacker, killing him

I don't think that a woman would be stupid enough to ignore the advice from the 911 dispatcher not to engage.

George was Georgia

I don't think that a woman would be stupid enough to ignore the advice from the 911 dispatcher not to engage.

I understand its a tough question.

Remember, all things are equal. She did ignore the request

Last edited:
Pop, obviously the scenario you describe would have played out differently in the press, nobody is going to challenge that.

My answer will have to be the one with the wiggly arms: :dunno:

In this case, Zimmerman is innocent. The reason is that the jury ruled self-defense, which is not a crime. The initial police report showed that his wounds were consistent with what Zimmerman told police after the fact, which showed that he was not the aggressor.

Will you people give it a rest?

It was consistent with the possibility of self-defense, as defined by Florida statute, in the eyes of 6 individuals.

They didn't show that he "was not the aggressor," only that he might not have been. His wounds were consistent with a good, and probably well-deserved ass whoopin. Forensics can't tell you what happened moments before.

But what appears to have happened? That's where the civil case comes into play.
No, Cuyo, I won't give it a rest. The B team has had its fun with screaming and threatening and saying the innocent is guilty. The evidence and one of the best forensics scientists in the country said Trayvon was on top, and the evidence pointed that way. His shirt bloused out as he was pounding down on Zimmerman. Trayvon allegedly told Zimmerman he was going to die, and Zimmerman couldn't get away from the beating he was taking. When Zimmerman finally was able to grab his gun, he fired to save his life from the death Trayvon threatened with his filthy mouth. His little pal who testified that it was "Trayvon calling for help" told her first interviewer that Trayvon was "Whoopin dat cracka's ass." IOW, she perjured herself rather than told the truth just so her testimony would put Zimmerman away unfairly. Forensics can tell you the position each man was in. It determined there was a huge likelihood of Trayvon in superior position twelve different ways.

All evidence that he was getting his ass whooped. Nothing less, nothing more.

The civil case? You mean the Double Jeopardy case that was instigated by the Holder DOJ? Yeah right. You're the one who needs to give it a rest, because obstruction of justice is one thing that can and should result in an impeachment of someone with an irresponsible attitude toward innocent people who tries to get them in more trouble than they deserve for not being black enough. :evil:

Do you know what the terms 'civil case' or 'Double Jeopardy' mean? :eusa_eh:

I think you actually sound more intelligent when you just screech about how he's innocent than you did right there. :thup:

Last edited:
I find that pretty ignorant and insulting;

Not following you down OffTopic Lane. :offtopic:

How is responding to specific points that you were trying to make, now suddenly "off topic"? :lol:

What percentage of "the Black community" is receiving federal support? Is federal support solely for Black people?

That part.

I guess you missed this part that I was responding to:

"The black community will not heal itself if it gets a constant supply of federal support for bad behaviors."

Pop, obviously the scenario you describe would have played out differently in the press, nobody is going to challenge that.

And please don't think that by my feeling that Mr. Zimmerman bears a certain amount of responsibility in the outcome of that night that I believe Mr. Martin to be innocent. Obviously the boy was aggressive enough to convince the court and I totally respect their verdict.

I just think George could have, and should have, prevented this.

If the press handles it as it should have been handled. If Potus allows the state to handle it, it's simply another case that the court handles and the world moves on

Yet that is NOT what happened

Using my example, and the logic of those who want Zimmerman jailed, then the Hispanic female had two choices once the assault started

Shoot the young man, or

Let him finish and report the rape later

Which is right?

If the press handles it as it should have been handled. If Potus allows the state to handle it, it's simply another case that the court handles and the world moves on

Using my example, and the logic of those who want Zimmerman jailed, then the Hispanic female had two choices once the assault started

Shoot the young man, or

Which is right?

Obviously George was able to convince a jury that he was under attack when he fired his weapon and under similar circumstances I would have pulled the trigger too. Tell her to shoot the young man.

Obviously I'm not going to 'defend her attacker' in your scenario, and I'm not defending Mr Martin either. As I said, both of those boys fucked up.

I still say that this average Joe, and most any woman out there, would not have been stupid enough to ignore the advice of the 911 operator and engage.

Would George have been as stupid as he was had he been unarmed? Is it smart to give the borderline stupid access to enough firepower to tip them over the edge?

Frosty questions, but the one that's going to make us look the coldest in the history books is "How many stupid deaths could have been prevented by reasonable gun laws?"

I find that pretty ignorant and insulting; what percentage of the "Black community" do you think follows the likes of Sharpton and Jackson? Do you think that Black people can also be individuals who are capable of thinking for themselves?

What percentage of "the Black community" is receiving federal support? Is federal support solely for Black people?
I find that pretty ignorant and insulting;

Not following you down OffTopic Lane. :offtopic:

How is responding to specific points that you were trying to make, now suddenly "off topic"? :lol:
I'm not going there when you find my post "ignorant and insulting." I wouldn't call that clean debating.

I have lots of qualms on this case. Zimmerman made lots of mistakes :

The most serious one : play the vigilante on a suspect, based on no evidence.

It all went wrong when he left the vehicle. They fought , Martin had the upper hand and Gorge answered firing his weapon ( hell , why didn't he carry a tasser for god's sake ).

At the end it was self defense. But if he hadn't taken the vigilante attitude and waited for the police both of them would be alive and well. So it's a real tragedy.

Life inprisionment is too harsh for his imprudence . But walking away with no punisment at all seems wrong too.

Since Zimmerman seems to be a law abidding citizen therefore a sentence of social work seems appropiate for me .

I disagree. I think there was sufficient evidence to check the guy out. It is a fact that there had been a number of burglaries in the area and that should cause anyone to observe what was going on and report any suspicious activity. Zimmerman who knew his neighbors well had never seen Martin before (Martin was staying with his father's girlfriend because his mother had kicked Martin out of the house). He reported that Martin was walking in the rain at night, just looking around and appeared that he may have been on drugs. If I observed a stranger walking around my neighborhood in the rain at night and just looking around and acting like he was on drugs, I would consider that suspicions, too. When Martin called 911, the dispatcher agreed that the conduct described by Zimmerman warranted further investigation and dispatched the police to the area. Did the dispatcher overreact?

Zimmerman does not deserve any jail time. All he did was try to protect his neighborhood. He may not have done it the right way, but he did nothing which could possibly be characterized as a crime. Only those who break a law should go to jail and Zimmerman broke no laws.

Being suspicions of someone is not illegal.

Reporting their conduct to the police is not illegal.

Following someone is not illegal and I have no idea where in the hell people get the idea that it is. Some people say Zimmerman “stalked” Martin, but they don't know the legal definition of the word (see link below).

Using deadly force to defend yourself when you reasonably believe that if you don't you will suffer serious bodily injury or death is not illegal.

Decking someone because he's following you is a crime. No one has the right to strike another person just because the other person is doing something they don't like.

Zimmerman did not violate a single law. Martin is the only one who broke a law that night. I respectfully challenge you or anyone else to prove that Zimmerman broke any law. Just describe the specific conduct and quote the applicable Florida Statute. The jury tried to find Zimmerman guilty of something and couldn't do it.

For an analysis of “stalking” as it pertains to Zimmerman's conduct go to the following site and check out permalink #26 (my post).

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/303329-no-problem-with-stalking-2.html#post7554602

PS: If doing something stupid was a crime, none of us would pass a background check.

Shoot the young man, or

Which is right?

Obviously George was able to convince a jury that he was under attack when he fired his weapon and under similar circumstances I would have pulled the trigger too. Tell her to shoot the young man.

Obviously I'm not going to 'defend her attacker' in your scenario, and I'm not defending Mr Martin either. As I said both of those boys fucked up.

I still say that this average Joe, and most any woman out there, would not have been stupid enough to ignore the advice of the 911 operator and engage.

Would George have been as stupid as he was had he been unarmed? Is it smart to give the borderline stupid access to enough firepower to tip them over the edge?

Frosty questions, but the one that's going to make us look the coldest in the history books is "How many stupid deaths could have been prevented by reasonable gun laws?"

Joe, there is no doubt that I respect you. I have no doubt in most situations you would act in the best interest of all parties involved

Yet, we as a society MIGHT have a problem, which maybe we should have a discussion about, but using a man who WAS having his head slammed against pavement after having taking a sucker punch that knocked him down IS NOT how we should settle this

To do so is to place all of societies sins at the foot of this individual

By doing that we, in effect, are defending the rapist

Again, I am not saying you are, but unless I hear a coherent argument that the rapist (in my example) can be defended, then this whole thing is simply political folly.

Zimmerman was getting the hell beat out of him and defended himself. What more needs to be said?

Who started the fight

They do not know.
Called reasonable doubt.
With Martin on top pummeling Zimmerman as the only eye witness testimony which is the direct evidence the burden of proof IS ON THE PROSECUTION that Zimmerman STARTED THE FIGHT.
And since there is NO evidence to prove that the law and the Judge's jury instructions are that the jury MUST find Zimmerman not guilty.
And the jury followed THE LAW and the Judge's JURY INSTRUCTIONS and correctly found Zimmerman not guilty.
Amazing the dumb asses that can not figure that out.
NOTHING TO DO with whether or not Zimmerman was an idiot also.

Who shot Trayvon for being a thug? He was shot because he committed a violent act.

Oh, and there aren't any Zimmerman groupies, only Trayvon Groupies. You don't see us wearing Trayvon T-shirts.

If I had a son, he would look like Zimmerman.

If I had a son he'd look like Brad Pitt.

5906241_f496.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back