The 90's Stash

90's sucked pretty bad with a few exceptions.

IMO, except for the late 60's and early 70's, the nineties were the rebirth of rock, and it's last gasp. Disco nearly killed it off, and the 80's over commercialized it with glam.

IMO, except for the late 60's and early 70's, the nineties were the rebirth of rock, and it's last gasp. Disco nearly killed it off, and the 80's over commercialized it with glam.

Last gasp ? Have you seen how many rock/metal stations are on Sirius XM ?
Ozzy's Boneyard, Alt Nation, Hair Nation, Octane, Turbo just to name a few.

Last gasp ? Have you seen how many rock/metal stations are on Sirius XM ?
Ozzy's Boneyard, Alt Nation, Hair Nation, Octane, Turbo just to name a few.

Oh, I didn't say, new stuff isn't coming out, all I meant, is ROCK AND ROLL, just isn't collectively popular. The last time it was, was in the 90's.
Of all those stations you listed, only one, just one, focuses on current rock, Octane, that is all.

That pretty much emphasizes my point dude.

And most of those stations that you are going to are playing the old stuff.

I am talking about it being the mainstream.

Now, what is popular is auto-tune, synth, and drum machines. . . . oh, and rap. Just sayin' man. :dunno:

The 90's made rock popular again. Not the 80's, not the 00's, not the teens. Now? Everyone just does their own thing.

Forum List

Back