Finally purchased Closing Time............

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
...........by Tom Waits tonight. It's his first studio album, originally released in 1973. The CD sounds quite good, Tom's vocals aren't as ragged as they would become later in his career. The songs have a bluesy, late-night feel. It features a song that the Eagles covered, Ol' '55. Pick this one up if you're a fan of laid back bluesy music.

Not to mention 40 theatrical credits to his name ... the man is a treasure...

Paradise-Alley-movie.jpg

Oh, my goodness. I thought "Closing Time" might be the name of a kick-ass advertisement blocker. :lmao:

I'd sure like to close down some advertisers off my computer...

Oh, my goodness. I thought "Closing Time" might be the name of a kick-ass advertisement blocker. :lmao:

That WOULD be a good name for an ad blocker!
You have my permission to use the name idea I thought of for free ad blocking if you start a business that makes you a billionnaire. I only have one 'puter and no annoying cell phone. :D And...

That WOULD be a good name for an ad blocker!
You have my permission to use the name idea I thought of for free ad blocking if you start a business that makes you a billionnaire. I only have one 'puter and no annoying cell phone. :D And...

Great song from the movie Nashville. Thanks for the vid.

...........by Tom Waits tonight. It's his first studio album, originally released in 1973. The CD sounds quite good, Tom's vocals aren't as ragged as they would become later in his career. The songs have a bluesy, late-night feel. It features a song that the Eagles covered, Ol' '55. Pick this one up if you're a fan of laid back bluesy music.
Say, that's really good listening, bluzman61. Thanks.

Say, that's really good listening, bluzman61. Thanks.
You're welcome. Yep, Waits' Closing Time IS quite good.

Forum List

Back