California rooftop solar plunges 90%

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Welp....more AGW kOOk losing.....

Daytime Solar Power Glut In California, Rooftop Sales Plunge 90% | ZeroHedge

Left and right the climate crusaders keep losing.

Why?

Because nobody is caring about the "science". People have waaaaay too many other things to worry about. :cul2:

whoops-74379556.jpg

theres a logical argument to be had mandating solar on bigger houses in the southwest,,

smaller ones should be exempt,, I would say 3000 sq ft plus,,
And when the Sun isn't shining, like at night, then what?

Do the homes with solar panels then revert to drawing off the grid of other sources of electricity?
If so, than how does the solar panel roof mandate really reduce demand for other sources of electricity?
Does the solar panel roof mandate include a battery or other storage system for when the Sun isn't shining?

Any one really wondering why California is a failing state and economy and why any one who can is bailing out of that state?

Those with the solar still have to pay electric bills, and they didn't go down that much.

They got paid jack squat for the electric they produced and charged multiples of that.

Solar was mandated in CA if you were getting a new roof. In case people didn't know.

So not only did people have to pay for a new roof, they had to have solar too.
Another reason to leave California and head for Texas or the Free State of Florida.

Just remember if you do move DO NOT vote for Democrats in the state you move to. If you do and enough people do the same, the state you move to may become another liberal Democrat shit hole just like California.

And when the Sun isn't shining, like at night, then what?

Do the homes with solar panels then revert to drawing off the grid of other sources of electricity?
If so, than how does the solar panel roof mandate really reduce demand for other sources of electricity?
Does the solar panel roof mandate include a battery or other storage system for when the Sun isn't shining?

Any one really wondering why California is a failing state and economy and why any one who can is bailing out of that state?
so tell me oh smarter that everyone else,,

when do peak overloads happen??

whats that,, in the middle of the day when all the ACs are working overtime to keep the houses and building cool,,,

with grid tie tech we could end peak overloads and not need to do rolling black outs,,

It's a scam....

We got solar last year. While people around Vegas were complaining about their summer electric bills hitting as much as $700 in some instances ours was $14 plus the $90 monthly payment on the panels. Not too shabby.

We got solar last year. While people around Vegas were complaining about their summer electric bills hitting as much as $700 in some instances ours was $14 plus the $90 monthly payment on the panels. Not too shabby.
why dont strip malls and other businesses put canopies on their parking lots using solar panels??

it would draw customers that wanted to park in the shade to solicit their businesses and they could lower their bills the same as you are,,

last time I was there we had to wait while our car came down in temp before we could even get in the car after just minutes of being parked,,

why dont strip malls and other businesses put canopies on their parking lots using solar panels??

it would draw customers that wanted to park in the shade to solicit their businesses and they could lower their bills the same as you are,,

last time I was there we had to wait while our car came down in temp before we could even get in the car after just minutes of being parked,,

It's crazy expensive to install those canopies. A lot of trenching required to run the power lines. Rooftop is less expensive, but strip malls are usually leased property, with each tenant having their own electric meter, and the owner has nothing to do with utility bills.

It's crazy expensive to install those canopies. A lot of trenching required to run the power lines. Rooftop is less expensive, but strip malls are usually leased property, with each tenant having their own electric meter, and the owner has nothing to do with utility bills.
thank you for telling me all the problems we face achieving this goal,,

now all we have to do is do it,,

as Lazarus long said,,

listen to experts tell you why it cant be done,, then go do it,,

Nice.... it can work in some instances. I'm not saying it's totally useless but the application has to be a match.

thank you for telling me all the problems we face achieving this goal,,

now all we have to do is do it,,

as Lazarus long said,,

listen to experts tell you why it cant be done,, then go do it,,

I'd like to see more rooftop solar on multi-family rental properties (large and small apartment complexes), with tenants paying increased rent to cover the cost of installation and maintenance of the panels. Then, their electric bills will be lower. Same with hotels, with increased rates to cover the costs.

I'd like to see more rooftop solar on multi-family rental properties (large and small apartment complexes), with tenants paying increased rent to cover the cost of installation and maintenance of the panels. Then, their electric bills will be lower. Same with hotels, with increased rates to cover the costs.
agreed,,
but I would like to see the energy companies paying some or most of the bill,,

there are to many logical applications to say its all a scam like so many insist on doing,,

Forum List

Back