The 9/11 - Benghazi DOUBLE STANDARD

caddo kid

Gold Member
Aug 15, 2018
So, I notice there are a ton of Benghazi threads & 9/11 threads here in the 'Politics' forum.
Another thing I have noticed over the years is G. W. Bush has gotten a 'free pass' on 9/11.
Conversely Obama & HRC get crucified over the Benghazi attack.

Let's do just a minor comparison.

9/11 attacks happened on US soil, 3,000 people died, the result was two wars, both wars are still ongoing, with the financial costs are into the trillion$ & the human costs are nearly 1 million lives.

Benghazi attacks happened in Libya, four US dead, four US wounded, and the financial costs & the costs in lives will never approach anything compared to 9/11.

So, here is what I DON'T GET.

With the effects of 9/11 so enormous, so epic, and honestly there is no comparison in modern history, WHY does G. W. Bush continue to get that 'free pass' for 9/11, all while there is a 'cottage industry' of people that zealously blame Obama & HRC for the Benghazi attacks?

It is a very strange thing; I certainly do not understand why people's priorities are seeming misplaced when 9/11 is such the 'Earth shattering' event compared to the Benghazi attack, which seems almost like a sneeze, when compared to 9/11.

What am I missing?

You should be asking yourself why Clinton got a pass. The whole thing was planned on his watch. Bush was in office for eight months when 9-11 occurred and he will forever get the blame. No one gave him a pass and some real asinine comments have come out about 9-11 and Bush.

FBI agent John O'Neil knew something was up but he couldn't get anyone to listen to him. To bad they didn't because the whole attack might never have happened.

The attack and deaths at Benghazi was gross negligence by the State Department. They had plenty of warning about an attack and the anniversary of 9-11 coming up. The Brits and the Red Cross got those same warnings and pulled their people out of the area which is what State should have done with our people. Had they done so the Benghazi attack would have killed no Americans and might not have happened at all.

You should be asking yourself why Clinton got a pass. The whole thing was planned on his watch. Bush was in office for eight months when 9-11 occurred and he will forever get the blame. No one gave him a pass and some real asinine comments have come out about 9-11 and Bush.

FBI agent John O'Neil knew something was up but he couldn't get anyone to listen to him. To bad they didn't because the whole attack might never have happened.

The attack and deaths at Benghazi was gross negligence by the State Department. They had plenty of warning about an attack and the anniversary of 9-11 coming up. The Brits and the Red Cross got those same warnings and pulled their people out of the area which is what State should have done with our people. Had they done so the Benghazi attack would have killed no Americans and might not have happened at all.

Clinton? Great derail. Try and stay on topic.

Of course Clinton. The whole thing was planned on his watch. John O'Neil was telling them something was up but everyone thought he was nuts. Neither Clinton or Bush would listen.

Bush was in office for eight months and that attack took years to plan.

You should try to stay on topic and stop being such a jackass.

And just when I thought these demented losers could not possibly get any dumber.....

• Banned

Of course Clinton. The whole thing was planned on his watch. John O'Neil was telling them something was up but everyone thought he was nuts. Neither Clinton or Bush would listen.

Bottom line 9/11 happened on G. W.'s watch & G. W. took a ONE month vacation immediately preceding 9/11.

That is not a leader; that is a "jackass" as you used for your abusive & trolling phrase.

So, now that we've cleared the air on your (1) derailing (2) abuse (3) trolling, you continue to give Bush a break.

So, when your trailer was destroyed by fire did you blame the firemen for not getting there in time to put the trailer fire out, or did you blame the arsonist that started your trailer on fire?

• Banned
And just when I thought these demented losers could not possibly get any dumber.....

Yeah; I could never figure how these Bengahzi folks get so NUTZ about four Americans dying in Lybia, yet when 3,000 are murdered on US soil that same, rabid Benghazi crowd just turn into a wall of silence.

That tells the intelligent folks that the Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi crowd are just fake as Hell & they don't really care that 3,000 people were murdered on American soil. They don't get it, for some reason. They must really hate America & Americans to be so silent & worthless.

Yeah; I could never figure how these Bengahzi folks get so NUTZ about four Americans dying in Lybia, yet when 3,000 are murdered on US soil that same, rabid Benghazi crowd just turn into a wall of silence.

That tells the intelligent folks that the Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi crowd are just fake as Hell & they don't really care that 3,000 people were murdered on American soil. They don't get it, for some reason.

we went to war over 9-11.
(Bush--We've got to do something about this)

we were blocked, and still are, about why Benghazi happened.

(Benghazi? Why worry about that, I've got an election coming up. (Obama))

• Banned

That tells the intelligent folks that the Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi crowd are just fake as Hell & they don't really care that 3,000 people were murdered on American soil. They don't get it, for some reason.

Yes; I touched on that subject in the OP. Those wars are still ongoing, have costs at least $2 trillion, and have cost nearly 1 million lives.

That a YUGE waste for something that Bush could have prevented, instead of going down to the ranch for BBQ for a month. Yippy.

Yes; I touched on that subject in the OP. Those wars are still ongoing, have costs at least $2 trillion, and have cost nearly 1 million lives.

That a YUGE waste for something that Bush could have prevented, instead of going down to the ranch for BBQ for a month. Yippy.

Bush could have prevented?

That is exactly what I said; that was his job. He FAILED. The rest is history.

That is exactly what I said; that was his job. He FAILED. The rest is history.

HOW could he have prevented it?

put on his supercape and kept the planes from hitting the towers and Pentagon?

If you want to know what happened in Benghazi, I suggest watching the movie "13 Hours". It's supposed to be a factual account of the attack over there.

And the person who I blame the most for the ambassador's death? The CIA station chief who kept his security detail at the CIA station for damn near 2 1/2 hours after the attack happened. Then, when he let them go to rescue the ambassador, it was already too late. If they had been sent when they first heard about the attack, the chances are Stevens would still be alive today.

So, where are ALL of the Benghazi folks that constantly blame Obama & HRC for the Benghazi attacks?

Why are you folks cutting Bush a pass for 9/11?

So, I notice there are a ton of Benghazi threads & 9/11 threads here in the 'Politics' forum.
Another thing I have noticed over the years is G. W. Bush has gotten a 'free pass' on 9/11.

9/11 attacks happened on US soil, 3,000 people died, the result was two wars, both wars are still ongoing, with the financial costs are into the trillion$ & the human costs are nearly 1 million lives.

Benghazi attacks happened in Libya, four US dead, four US wounded, and the financial costs & the costs in lives will never approach anything compared to 9/11.

With the effects of 9/11 so enormous, so epic, and honestly there is no comparison in modern history, WHY does G. W. Bush continue to get that 'free pass' for 9/11, all while there is a 'cottage industry' of people that zealously blame Obama & HRC for the Benghazi attacks?

It is a very strange thing; I certainly do not understand why people's priorities are seeming misplaced when 9/11 is such the 'Earth shattering' event compared to the Benghazi attack, which seems almost like a sneeze, when compared to 9/11.

What am I missing?

I disagree Obama and Hillary are blamed for the Benghazi attacks. It’s the reaction (or non-reaction) to it and the lies they tried to tell afterwards that angers people. I would never blame them directly for the actual attack.

So, where are ALL of the Benghazi folks that constantly blame Obama & HRC for the Benghazi attacks?

Why are you folks cutting Bush a pass for 9/11?

They are in your head; redecorating it looks like.

What am I missing?
Bush got a free pass because Democrats rallied around the flag after 9-11 and supported the President. Rather than looking to set the blame for the attack, Democrats gave Bush their full support in fighting terrorism

After Benghazi, Republicans politicized the event. They Monday morning quarterbacked “what if” scenarios. They continued investigation after investigation even though each investigation found no fault

Bush didn't come out and knowingly lie about why it happened. Then hop on a plane to go to Vegas for a golfing weekend.

Bush read “My Pet Goat” during the attacks and told America the attacks happened because they “resent our freedom”

What am I missing?
Bush got a free pass because Democrats rallied around the flag after 9-11 and supported the President. Rather than looking to set the blame for the attack, Democrats gave Bush their full support in fighting terrorism

After Benghazi, Republicans politicized the event. They Monday morning quarterbacked “what if” scenarios. They continued investigation after investigation even though each investigation found no fault

I would have to agree; those scummy GOPers are some crafty bastards

Bush didn't come out and knowingly lie about why it happened. Then hop on a plane to go to Vegas for a golfing weekend.

Bush read “My Pet Goat” during the attacks and told America the attacks happened because they “resent our freedom”
He was already reading it when the attacks started dumbass. I guess you would've freaked out in front of the kids. Bush did a great job after the fact. All planes were on the ground with in hours. He brought us together. He didn't lie why it happened. Obama did nothing about Bengazi, even goodwill got their people home. Obama let it happen, did nothing to help them while it happened. Then lied to all americans why it happened, then hopped on air force one to party in Vegas for the weekend.

Forum List

Back