The 9/11 - Benghazi DOUBLE STANDARD

So, I notice there are a ton of Benghazi threads & 9/11 threads here in the 'Politics' forum.
Another thing I have noticed over the years is G. W. Bush has gotten a 'free pass' on 9/11.
Conversely Obama & HRC get crucified over the Benghazi attack.

Let's do just a minor comparison.

9/11 attacks happened on US soil, 3,000 people died, the result was two wars, both wars are still ongoing, with the financial costs are into the trillion$ & the human costs are nearly 1 million lives.

Benghazi attacks happened in Libya, four US dead, four US wounded, and the financial costs & the costs in lives will never approach anything compared to 9/11.

So, here is what I DON'T GET.

With the effects of 9/11 so enormous, so epic, and honestly there is no comparison in modern history, WHY does G. W. Bush continue to get that 'free pass' for 9/11, all while there is a 'cottage industry' of people that zealously blame Obama & HRC for the Benghazi attacks?

It is a very strange thing; I certainly do not understand why people's priorities are seeming misplaced when 9/11 is such the 'Earth shattering' event compared to the Benghazi attack, which seems almost like a sneeze, when compared to 9/11.

What am I missing?
Bush got a free pass because Democrats rallied around the flag after 9-11 and supported the President. Rather than looking to set the blame for the attack, Democrats gave Bush their full support in fighting terrorism

After Benghazi, Republicans politicized the event. They Monday morning quarterbacked “what if” scenarios. They continued investigation after investigation even though each investigation found no fault
Lol, liberals acted sane for about a week, then you returned to being batshit crazy. Obama caught hell, because he flat out lied about it.

So, I notice there are a ton of Benghazi threads & 9/11 threads here in the 'Politics' forum.
Another thing I have noticed over the years is G. W. Bush has gotten a 'free pass' on 9/11.

9/11 attacks happened on US soil, 3,000 people died, the result was two wars, both wars are still ongoing, with the financial costs are into the trillion$ & the human costs are nearly 1 million lives.

Benghazi attacks happened in Libya, four US dead, four US wounded, and the financial costs & the costs in lives will never approach anything compared to 9/11.

With the effects of 9/11 so enormous, so epic, and honestly there is no comparison in modern history, WHY does G. W. Bush continue to get that 'free pass' for 9/11, all while there is a 'cottage industry' of people that zealously blame Obama & HRC for the Benghazi attacks?

It is a very strange thing; I certainly do not understand why people's priorities are seeming misplaced when 9/11 is such the 'Earth shattering' event compared to the Benghazi attack, which seems almost like a sneeze, when compared to 9/11.

What am I missing?

Hillary Clinton was s very popular Secretary of State for a very successful President.

Sadly for Republicans, the Obama Administration ran a very clean ship of State. No Cabinet members out for personal enrichment from the public purse, no scandals, just well run governance and an incredible economic record. Unequalled.

So Republicans needed to manufacture a scandal to drag Clinton’s name through the mud, for five years, daily on national TV. It’s not like they had a sound policy platform to run on.

That’s why they kept seizing on such non events as the IRS questioning political non-profits, and Fast and Furious which was a program started out west by one FBI field office and not a stated policy of the Obama Administration. There really was little in the way of abuse of authority or corruption under either the Clinton or Obama administrations despite Republicans turning over every pebble they could find looking for something they could prosecute.

Contrast and compare this to every Republican Administration since Nixon. Graft, corruption, rampant abuses of the public purse, multiple arrests and convictions.

But the Trump Administration is setting new records of abuses and criminal corruption.

Bush didn't come out and knowingly lie about why it happened. Then hop on a plane to go to Vegas for a golfing weekend.

Bush read “My Pet Goat” during the attacks and told America the attacks happened because they “resent our freedom”
He was already reading it when the attacks started dumbass. I guess you would've freaked out in front of the kids. Bush did a great job after the fact. All planes were on the ground with in hours. He brought us together. He didn't lie why it happened. Obama did nothing about Bengazi, even goodwill got their people home. Obama let it happen, did nothing to help them while it happened. Then lied to all americans why it happened, then hopped on air force one to party in Vegas for the weekend.
Freaked out?
No
I would have politely told the children I had to go. Then, I would have gotten on the phone and called my staff and demanded...WTF is going on?

Bush lied about the reason for the attack. They did not “resent our freedom”....they despised our foreign policy
Then he lied about WMDs in order to justify an unnecessary war

Bush didn't come out and knowingly lie about why it happened. Then hop on a plane to go to Vegas for a golfing weekend.

Bush read “My Pet Goat” during the attacks and told America the attacks happened because they “resent our freedom”
He was already reading it when the attacks started dumbass. I guess you would've freaked out in front of the kids. Bush did a great job after the fact. All planes were on the ground with in hours. He brought us together. He didn't lie why it happened. Obama did nothing about Bengazi, even goodwill got their people home. Obama let it happen, did nothing to help them while it happened. Then lied to all americans why it happened, then hopped on air force one to party in Vegas for the weekend.
Freaked out?
No
I would have politely told the children I had to go. Then, I would have gotten on the phone and called my staff and demanded...WTF is going on?

Bush lied about the reason for the attack. They did not “resent our freedom”....they despised our foreign policy
Lol, keep grasping for straws. Your transgendered man child was a failure and a complete liar.

What am I missing?
Bush got a free pass because Democrats rallied around the flag after 9-11 and supported the President. Rather than looking to set the blame for the attack, Democrats gave Bush their full support in fighting terrorism

After Benghazi, Republicans politicized the event. They Monday morning quarterbacked “what if” scenarios. They continued investigation after investigation even though each investigation found no fault
Lol, liberals acted sane for about a week, then you returned to being batshit crazy. Obama caught hell, because he flat out lied about it.
About a week?

Liberals supported Bush in establishing Homeland Security, passing the poorly named Patriot Act, invading Afghanistan

It was not until Bush abandoned the war on terror a year later and invaded Iraq that liberals turned on him

Freaked out?
No

but NO ONE held Bush to account for anything related to 9/11; 3K died, the economy hit the skids, trillion$ were thrown at a fake war of choice, yet Republicans scream BENGHAZI.

I don't get it. I think many Americans are actually brain dead & crazy. The ones screaming BENGHAZI.

Freaked out?
No

Lol, keep grasping for straws. Your transgendered man child was a failure and a complete liar.
With that nonsense....I will claim victory

Freaked out?
No

but NO ONE held Bush to account for anything related to 9/11; 3K died, the economy hit the skids, trillion$ were thrown at a fake war of choice, yet Republicans scream BENGHAZI.

I don't get it. I think many Americans are actually brain dead & crazy. The ones screaming BENGHAZI.
Bush got a free pass on a lot of things.......the 9-11 attacks, his lies about WMDs, torture

History has not been as kind

That is not what happened at all, but you want to belueve that’s what happened.

Quite frankly, when you tell someone not to go to a terrorist hot zone on 9/11 because they could be attacked, and the whole region is on high alert, and they go ahead and go there anyway, and it ends in their death, what exactly is the President supposed to do?

What did Trump do while those four soldiers were being killed in Yemen? Did Trump cancel his golf game that weekend?

Freaked out?
No

Why, Bush did a great job on 911. Obama let Bengazi happen, did nothing while it happened, then lied about why it happened. I mean a private organization knew better than the president of the united states. So Obama was really that ignorant or just didn't care, take your pick. I mean Obama found about major events on the 11 o'clock news. Lol, good day!

Quite frankly, when you tell someone not to go to a terrorist hot zone on 9/11 because they could be attacked, and the whole region is on high alert, and they go ahead and go there anyway, and it ends in their death, what exactly is the President supposed to do?

What did Trump do while those four soldiers were being killed in Yemen? Did Trump cancel his golf game that weekend?
He didn't lie about it, Obama did.

Freaked out?
No

Bush got a free pass on a lot of things.......the 9-11 attacks, his lies about WMDs, torture

Republicans are now trying to rewrite history and blame Fannie and Freddy, not Wall Street, for the subprime mortgage crisis and housing bubble, and the Democrat Congress and Senate sworn in January of 2007 as the reason for the economic collapse.

Not Bush’s fault.

It’s amazing how quickly Republicans pivot to blaming Democrats for their messes. 9/11 is Clinton’s fault. W’s economic collapse is the Dems fault, not the six years of tax cuts, and rampant deficit spending that preceded it.

Bush FAILED as POTUS. 3,000 people died on Bush's watch & you say he did not lie.
Bush wanted NO Investigation into any aspect of 9/11.
Bush REFUSED to even discuss the idea of any investigation into the events of 9/11.
After over a full year Bush finally agreed to an investigation, which was allowed a budget of $3 million. WTF?

Here we have the most Earth shattering event in modern history, Bush tells people not to entertain ANY other theories other than what the government is telling everyone, Bush wants NOTHING to do do with any investigation, and once Bush finally agrees to an investigation, $3 million is what they offer. What a fvcking joke of a POTUS.

And everyone gave the guy a free pass for having 3K dead, on his watch. Something is completely fvcked with that.

Good lord, where do you get this tripe? Stevens WORKED for the Executive Branch, had he been "told" not to go he wouldn't have gone. Would you like some "real" truth and not that made up tripe that the media spews? (Yes FOX too)

This is a good read, especially for the brain dead zombies.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-con...DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version2.pdf?D=1

Freaked out?
No

Republicans are now trying to rewrite history and blame Fannie and Freddy, not Wall Street, for the subprime mortgage crisis and housing bubble, and the Democrat Congress and Senate sworn in January of 2007 as the reason for the economic collapse.

Not Bush’s fault.

It’s amazing how quickly Republicans pivot to blaming Democrats for their messes. 9/11 is Clinton’s fault. W’s economic collapse is the Dems fault, not the six years of tax cuts, and rampant deficit spending that preceded it.
It was partly Bush's fault for not having the balls to stop it, but the reason for the crises goes back years and plenty of people to blame.

Freaked out?
No

Why, Bush did a great job on 911. Obama let Bengazi happen, did nothing while it happened, then lied about why it happened. I mean a private organization knew better than the president of the united states. So Obama was really that ignorant or just didn't care, take your pick. I mean Obama found about major events on the 11 o'clock news. Lol, good day!

History does not support your fantasies

Bush FAILED as POTUS. 3,000 people died on Bush's watch & you say he did not lie.
Bush wanted NO Investigation into any aspect of 9/11.
Bush REFUSED to even discuss the idea of any investigation into the events of 9/11.
After over a full year Bush finally agreed to an investigation, which was allowed a budget of $3 million. WTF?

Here we have the most Earth shattering event in modern history, Bush tells people not to entertain ANY other theories other than what the government is telling everyone, Bush wants NOTHING to do do with any investigation, and once Bush finally agrees to an investigation, $3 million is what they offer. What a fvcking joke of a POTUS.

And everyone gave the guy a free pass for having 3K dead, on his watch. Something is completely fvcked with that.
I guess you wasn't born yet on 911, or you were to young to remember it. It only took a day or two to find out who was responsible. Bush united this nation, went after the people that was responsible for our tradegy. The thing i fault him for, is he didn't fight the wars to win it fast, and get our great soldiers out of there.

Good lord, where do you get this tripe? Stevens WORKED for the Executive Branch, had he been "told" not to go he wouldn't have gone. Would you like some "real" truth and not that made up tripe that the media spews? (Yes FOX too)

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-con...DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version2.pdf?D=1

Judicial Watch is the deeply partisan attack dog of the Koch Bros. Superpak, and it’s headed by a man with an irrational hatred of the Clintons. Anything JW says about either Obama or Clinton is suspect.

JW has sued the Clintons multiple times and pushed multiple investigations. They’ve lost every law suit and their investigations found nothing.

Freaked out?
No

Not Bush’s fault.

It was partly Bush's fault for not having the balls to stop it, but the reason for the crises goes back years and plenty of people to blame.

Not in the mind of a Progressive. In their minds 9/11 and the crash happened on Bush's watch so it's all his fault. The economy soars under Rump and it's because of Obambi. You can't make this shit up. The fact is this though, this economy isn't real, it's still being propped up with the debt Rump is racking up.

Judicial Watch is the deeply partisan attack dog of the Koch Bros. Superpak, and it’s headed by a man with an irrational hatred of the Clintons. Anything JW says about either Obama or Clinton is suspect.

JW has sued the Clintons multiple times and pushed multiple investigations. They’ve lost every law suit and their investigations found nothing.

You're an idiot. LOL.
READ the memo honey.

Forum List

Back