The 50 most developed countries in the world and Universal Healthcare.

FDR is the greatest President the United States ever had. He rescued the country from the Great Depression and then won World War II. He turned the United States from a strong country into a superpower.

horseshit, he extended the depression and started the move towards failed liberal policies. He is also indirectly responsible for the attack on Pearl Harbor because he ignored the warnings that it was being planned by the Japanese. Actually Truman won WW2, not FDR. Truman dropped the bombs that saved millions of American and Japanese lives. Truman would be republican if he was alive today, so would Kennedy.
i

Truman and Kennedy would be Bush/McCain Republicans, but NOT Trump Republicans.

Roosevelt could not use the Atomic Bomb because it was not ready yet in April of 1945. Germany was only 3 weeks from surrender when Roosevelt died and Japan was only 4 months. It was Roosevelt who pushed for and did most of the work in developing the Atomic Bomb.

Roosevelt wanted to get involved in World War II from the start in 1939, but was held back by congress. 10s of millions of lives could have been saved if the United States had entered the war 2 and a half years earlier.
You're just admitting that Roosevelt was elected under false pretenses. He campaigned on keeping the USA out of the war. He was lying from the get-go. Of course, Republicans already knew that, but Democrats are too fucking stupid to understand they were voting for a snake.

It was Woodrow Wilson who campaigned on keeping the United States out of war. There was NOTHING nearly as explicit as that in 1940 when Roosevelt ran for re-election. In fact, before the election, Roosevelt started the draft in September 1940 which would last until June 30, 1973.
Isolationist in America in 1940 were essentially supporting the Axis powers. Keeping America out of the war benefited the Axis.
He's another congenital liar who promised to keep the US out of a war. Notice a pattern here?

"I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Boston, October 30 1939:

Pearl Harbor changed that.

Also, I'm up for a good laugh today, what is your evidence that FDR knew of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

Additionally, public opinion in the late 30's up to Pearl Harbor had 80% of the American people oppositing entry into the European conflict. Any idiot can also look up the republic position during same time, and see nothing but isolationists.

I get why people want it and I am fine with it but you have to learn to crawl and walk before you run:
  1. In other countries where it exists, they are smaller AND education is basically free or inexpensive. In the US we have the best schools but it costs an average of $400k in tuition to become a doctor. Why would people still do that if they cannot get compensated for it and via Universal Care their compensation would be lower.
  2. We need to ban lobbyists. They are illegal in most of those countries. Lobbyists push for politicians to enable the insurance companies to make $$$. Under the ACA the insurance companies have seen record profits. For you bleeding heart leftists, this should be break even, correct?
  3. You have to raise taxes.
Until you fix the three above, debating Universal Healthcare is not practical. Learn to crawl and walk before you run. You just want to RUN RUN RUN!!!

I agree that our insurance system is broken. Insurance companies are profit driven and there are a ton of administrative costs to boot. There is a better solution but it is NOT Universal Healthcare because we cannot get there until we fix the aforementioned three items listed.

Unless the Left is OK with MDs having a 5% federal tax bracket for the life of their practice?

the bottom line is that they want universal healthcare because they think it will be FREE to them. They are so indoctrinated with left wing bullshit that they cannot understand the basic concept that someone has to pay for it.

horseshit, he extended the depression and started the move towards failed liberal policies. He is also indirectly responsible for the attack on Pearl Harbor because he ignored the warnings that it was being planned by the Japanese. Actually Truman won WW2, not FDR. Truman dropped the bombs that saved millions of American and Japanese lives. Truman would be republican if he was alive today, so would Kennedy.
i

Roosevelt could not use the Atomic Bomb because it was not ready yet in April of 1945. Germany was only 3 weeks from surrender when Roosevelt died and Japan was only 4 months. It was Roosevelt who pushed for and did most of the work in developing the Atomic Bomb.

Roosevelt wanted to get involved in World War II from the start in 1939, but was held back by congress. 10s of millions of lives could have been saved if the United States had entered the war 2 and a half years earlier.
You're just admitting that Roosevelt was elected under false pretenses. He campaigned on keeping the USA out of the war. He was lying from the get-go. Of course, Republicans already knew that, but Democrats are too fucking stupid to understand they were voting for a snake.

It was Woodrow Wilson who campaigned on keeping the United States out of war. There was NOTHING nearly as explicit as that in 1940 when Roosevelt ran for re-election. In fact, before the election, Roosevelt started the draft in September 1940 which would last until June 30, 1973.
Isolationist in America in 1940 were essentially supporting the Axis powers. Keeping America out of the war benefited the Axis.
He's another congenital liar who promised to keep the US out of a war. Notice a pattern here?

"I have said this before, but I shall say it again and again and again: Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars."

Also, I'm up for a good laugh today, what is your evidence that FDR knew of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.

Additionally, public opinion in the late 30's up to Pearl Harbor had 80% of the American people oppositing entry into the European conflict. Any idiot can also look up the republic position during same time, and see nothing but isolationists.

Pearl Harbour memo shows US warned of Japanese attack

You should read your article first.

Excerpt
"But Mr Shirley said: "Based on all my research, I believe that neither Roosevelt nor anybody in his government, the Navy or the War Department knew that the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbour. There was no conspiracy."

Excerpt
"But Mr Shirley said: "Based on all my research, I believe that neither Roosevelt nor anybody in his government, the Navy or the War Department knew that the Japanese were going to attack Pearl Harbour. There was no conspiracy."

yes, that's what it says, it also says that the warnings were accurate and were ignored.

Excerpt

I did. Maybe YOU should, instead of just skimming for confirmation bias.

The rest of the quote, which you left out, was:

"This memo is further evidence that they believed the Japanese were contemplating a military action of some sort, but they were kind of in denial because they didn't think anybody would be as audacious to move an army thousands of miles across the Pacific, stop to refuel, then move on to Hawaii to make a strike like this."

Whatever Mr. Shirley's personal opinion of what happened and what FDR's state of mind was, the memo does still exist and does indicate that it wasn't quite the surprise to him that it was to the rest of the country, or that he tried to pretend it was.

You asked for evidence that FDR knew beforehand, and trying to deflect onto discussion about the historian's personal opinions doesn't make that memo stop existing. Leftists up and down the board screamed about President Bush "knowing" about 9/11 for far less specific information than that.

Excerpt

yes, that's what it says, it also says that the warnings were accurate and were ignored.

What specific warniong are you referring too?

The one that is currently blicking red that you're an idiot?

Excerpt

"This memo is further evidence that they believed the Japanese were contemplating a military action of some sort, but they were kind of in denial because they didn't think anybody would be as audacious to move an army thousands of miles across the Pacific, stop to refuel, then move on to Hawaii to make a strike like this."

Whatever Mr. Shirley's personal opinion of what happened and what FDR's state of mind was, the memo does still exist and does indicate that it wasn't quite the surprise to him that it was to the rest of the country, or that he tried to pretend it was.

You asked for evidence that FDR knew beforehand, and trying to deflect onto discussion about the historian's personal opinions doesn't make that memo stop existing. Leftists up and down the board screamed about President Bush "knowing" about 9/11 for far less specific information than that.

Again the memo does not provide any specfic target of the Japanese military. It was general and very non-specfic, kinda like the meno that GWB was handed before the 911 attack.

Excerpt

Again the memo does not provide any specfic target of the Japanese military. It was general and very non-specfic, kinda like the meno that GWB was handed before the 911 attack.

Again, your moving goalposts are uninteresting and irrelevant. Did you ask for evidence that FDR knew EXACT DETAILS of the attack? No. You asked for evidence that he knew of the attack.

"In anticipation of possible open conflict with this country, Japan is vigorously utilizing every available agency to secure military, naval and commercial information, paying particular attention to the West Coast, the Panama Canal and the Territory of Hawaii," stated the 26-page memo.

Dated December 4, 1941, marked as confidential, and entitled "Japanese intelligence and propaganda in the United States," it flagged up Japan's surveillance of Hawaii under a section headlined "Methods of Operation and Points of Attack."

It noted details of possible subversives in Hawaii, where nearly 40 per cent of inhabitants were of Japanese origin, and of how Japanese consulates on America's west coast had been gathering information on American naval and air forces. Japan's Naval Inspector's Office, it stated, was "primarily interested in obtaining detailed technical information which could be used to advantage by the Japanese Navy."

"Much information of a military and naval nature has been obtained," it stated, describing it as being "of a general nature" but including records relating to the movement of US warships.

Anyone who doesn't have a personal axe to grind in worshipping the memory of FDR and making excuses for him would say that constitutes evidence that he knew an attack was coming, and even where it was likely to be. That's a LOT more specific than anything President Bush had.

Excerpt

Again, your moving goalposts are uninteresting and irrelevant. Did you ask for evidence that FDR knew EXACT DETAILS of the attack? No. You asked for evidence that he knew of the attack.

"In anticipation of possible open conflict with this country, Japan is vigorously utilizing every available agency to secure military, naval and commercial information, paying particular attention to the West Coast, the Panama Canal and the Territory of Hawaii," stated the 26-page memo.

Dated December 4, 1941, marked as confidential, and entitled "Japanese intelligence and propaganda in the United States," it flagged up Japan's surveillance of Hawaii under a section headlined "Methods of Operation and Points of Attack."

It noted details of possible subversives in Hawaii, where nearly 40 per cent of inhabitants were of Japanese origin, and of how Japanese consulates on America's west coast had been gathering information on American naval and air forces. Japan's Naval Inspector's Office, it stated, was "primarily interested in obtaining detailed technical information which could be used to advantage by the Japanese Navy."

"Much information of a military and naval nature has been obtained," it stated, describing it as being "of a general nature" but including records relating to the movement of US warships.

Anyone who doesn't have a personal axe to grind in worshipping the memory of FDR and making excuses for him would say that constitutes evidence that he knew an attack was coming, and even where it was likely to be. That's a LOT more specific than anything President Bush had.
complete lack of historical facts.

Again, you have merely reguritated the general talking points of a memo which points to no attack or anything else.

If any axe exists, its your hatred of the Democratic Party and complete lack of understanding of historical facts.

Excerpt

complete lack of historical facts.

Again, you have merely reguritated the general talking points of a memo which points to no attack or anything else.

If any axe exists, its your hatred of the Democratic Party and complete lack of understanding of historical facts.

"Never mind the memo sitting right there in the museum. You have a lack of historical facts, because I skipped reading the link and just ASSumed!"

Thanks for sharing. Call me when your post involves reading and thinking, rather than parroting talking points.

Excerpt

What specific warniong are you referring too?

The one that is currently blicking red that you're an idiot?

the warnings that Japan was about to attack Pearl Harbor. Sorry, but you cannot rewrite history to fit your left wing view of the world.

Excerpt

these libtardians do not care about history or facts. All they care about is praising their heroes FDR and Obama. They never include Truman or Kennedy in their hero list because those two presidents were much closer to republicans than what the dem party has become today.

Excerpt

these libtardians do not care about history or facts. All they care about is praising their heroes FDR and Obama. They never include Truman or Kennedy in their hero list because those two presidents were much closer to republicans than what the dem party has become today.

I know. Oh, believe me, I know.

Excerpt

You know nothing about what Truman and Kennedy stood for.

would be a conservative red ass republic....

Man, you stupid.

Excerpt

Again, the only thing that you have proved is general memo ignorance.

Excerpt

Man, you stupid.

since I was alive during both of their times in the whitehouse, I know very well what they stood for and believed. What dem of today would have ended the war with Japan by dropping two atom bombs? What dem of today would say "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'? answer: not one of them.

Man, you stupid.

since I was alive during both of their times in the whitehouse, I know very well what they stood for and believed. What dem of today would have ended the war with Japan by dropping two atom bombs? What dem of today would say "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country'? answer: not one of them.

I think that your deep in your delusion. President Barack Hussein Obama ordered the raid to get OBL while GWB let him get away in Tora Bora. Ronald Reagan ran from the MIddle East after 243 service meber were killed there.

President Barack Hussein Obama routinely asked people to do for not only their country, but what they could do for others in general.

Just because you blind your eyes to facts doesn't make your simple beliefs true.

"Free"??? Really? LOL!

You aren't that stupid are you? Nobody is that stupid.
Well, it’s paid out of general tax revenues, but free when you go to hospital.

So if you don't pay at the doctor then it is free?

Then in that case I get free treatment here in the US because I never have to pay a co payment or deductible with my insurance policy.

By the way there ain't so such thing as a free lunch. All Libertarians know that. The Canadians have about 20% higher taxes than we do.
We pay taxes and health insurance, and it depends where you live for how much tax you pay, just like here. But in Canada, everyone is covered, and they don’t care for people for profit.
Yes they do or they wouldn’t have private insurance, and there’d be A LOT more specialists. In Canada you get your spine fused together, in America you actually get a new disk, and it’s life changing. In Canada you have to wait to get subpar cancer treatment, in America you could go to a mid-grade ranked hospital/cancer center and get way better treatment the day of. It’s not at all the same quality of care or else there wouldn’t medical tourism. I work at an infusion center, over 4 hours from the border. I see patients who wake up at 1 in the morning to drive to our facility for a midday appointment, just to sit in a chair for 4 hours for their chemo infusion, and then drive back. They consider themselves the lucky ones. We’re ranked like top 10 in PA alone, so not exactly world beaters. Surprise surprise, most of my American patients aren’t at all wealthy, barely middle class. Healthcare coverage is not at all the same as healthcare, people need to stop conflating the two.

Yet the United States is 34th in life expectancy. People live longer in Canada than in the United States. Those facts say more than any of your personal anecdotal experiences.
That’s just a general stat that doesn’t point you in any actionable direction. So much of that has to do with things like lifestyle choices and diet of Americans overall. Considering half the US population is overweight, and some 20% or so are morbidly obese, it’s practically miraculous we’re only 34 overall in life expectancy. It’s no secret that America is fat, and that being fat comes with serious health problems ACROSS ALL BODY-SYSTEMS. Let’s also not forget there is an opioid epidemic that has been raging for the past 10-15 years that’s doing a lot to tank our life expectancy.

If you want to look at stats in US medicine that will point in a better direction of efficacy, get more specific. Look at cancer survival rates. Look at success rates of surgeries. Look at the more advance surgeries being performed. Look at the innovation of treatments being created. All of these areas, the US and Swiss are ahead of the game. These are also the areas you will notice the biggest difference in quality of care received since general practitioners are all going to close in competence, while much less is asked of them.

Well, it’s paid out of general tax revenues, but free when you go to hospital.

So if you don't pay at the doctor then it is free?

Then in that case I get free treatment here in the US because I never have to pay a co payment or deductible with my insurance policy.

By the way there ain't so such thing as a free lunch. All Libertarians know that. The Canadians have about 20% higher taxes than we do.
We pay taxes and health insurance, and it depends where you live for how much tax you pay, just like here. But in Canada, everyone is covered, and they don’t care for people for profit.
Yes they do or they wouldn’t have private insurance, and there’d be A LOT more specialists. In Canada you get your spine fused together, in America you actually get a new disk, and it’s life changing. In Canada you have to wait to get subpar cancer treatment, in America you could go to a mid-grade ranked hospital/cancer center and get way better treatment the day of. It’s not at all the same quality of care or else there wouldn’t medical tourism. I work at an infusion center, over 4 hours from the border. I see patients who wake up at 1 in the morning to drive to our facility for a midday appointment, just to sit in a chair for 4 hours for their chemo infusion, and then drive back. They consider themselves the lucky ones. We’re ranked like top 10 in PA alone, so not exactly world beaters. Surprise surprise, most of my American patients aren’t at all wealthy, barely middle class. Healthcare coverage is not at all the same as healthcare, people need to stop conflating the two.

Yet the United States is 34th in life expectancy. People live longer in Canada than in the United States. Those facts say more than any of your personal anecdotal experiences.
That’s just a general stat that doesn’t point you in any actionable direction. So much of that has to do with things like lifestyle choices and diet of Americans overall. Considering half the US population is overweight, and some 20% or so are morbidly obese, it’s practically miraculous we’re only 34 overall in life expectancy. It’s no secret that America is fat, and that being fat comes with serious health problems ACROSS ALL BODY-SYSTEMS. Let’s also not forget there is an opioid epidemic that has been raging for the past 10-15 years that’s doing a lot to tank our life expectancy.

If you want to look at stats in US medicine that will point in a better direction of efficacy, get more specific. Look at cancer survival rates. Look at success rates of surgeries. Look at the more advance surgeries being performed. Look at the innovation of treatments being created. All of these areas, the US and Swiss are ahead of the game. These are also the areas you will notice the biggest difference in quality of care received since general practitioners are all going to close in competence, while much less is asked of them.

Putting up Trump's wall would increase life expectancy threefold.

1. Reduce the number of diseased ridden Third Worlders from coming here.

2. Reduce the flow of destructive drugs that causes death.

3. Reduce the number of murders and DUI deaths caused by Illegals.

Forum List

Back