The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56

So using your numbers, Obama is running up the deficit as fast as Bush did.

I'll take it from an Obama supporter.

Under completely different circumstances.

I know, partisans always have excuses for their out of control spending. Bush's main one was warmongering, Obama's main one is Bush. The last thing I expect is any fiscal responsibility or personal accountability from either scum party.

You can go ahead and pretend that a trillion dollar deficit and collapsing economy can be turned around on a dime if you want to.

Under completely different circumstances.

I know, partisans always have excuses for their out of control spending. Bush's main one was warmongering, Obama's main one is Bush. The last thing I expect is any fiscal responsibility or personal accountability from either scum party.

You can go ahead and pretend that a trillion dollar deficit and collapsing economy can be turned around on a dime if you want to.

I've come around. I think the way to fix a deficit, debt, and spending problem is with higher deficits, debt and more spending.

The only way to fix a problematic gov't, is to make that problematic gov't bigger.

I've come around. I think the way to fix a deficit, debt, and spending problem is with higher deficits, debt and more spending.

The only way to fix a problematic gov't, is to make that problematic gov't bigger.

Ahhh...the 2 wrongs make a right theory.

The Obama is proud of His useful idiots.

I think it's to cut spending and to increase revenue, something our extremely divided and broken government can't come to any kind of agreement on.

Obama signed FY2009 budget into law in March of 2009.
Thus, all of the spending and all of the deficit for FY2009 is His.

Yes and no. He had only been president for a few days when he signed that budget. Technically yes, he authorized it, but to fully blame him for that year's deficit is intellectually dishonest since he was handed off that budget by the Bush administration.

That said, they were already aware by the time it was signed that federal revenue was going to be way off. Obama having just got elected was riding on an 80% approval rating. He could have taken advantage of that, thrown the budget back at Congress and told them that deficit was unacceptable. He would have been hailed a fiscal hero and proven that he was serious about changing the way Washington works, but he chose not to do that.

Ahhh...the 2 wrongs make a right theory.

I'm just reciting my talking points that Obama emails to me.

I think it's to cut spending and to increase revenue, something our extremely divided and broken government can't come to any kind of agreement on.

Wow, well said.

Obama signed FY2009 budget into law in March of 2009.
Thus, all of the spending and all of the deficit for FY2009 is His.
Yes and no. He had only been president for a few days when he signed that budget.
March 11 2009. Several weeks.

Technically yes, he authorized it, but to fully blame him for that year's deficit is intellectually dishonest since he was handed off that budget by the Bush administration.
No, He was handed off that budget by the Pelosi/Reid Congress.
He -chose- to sign it, and in doing so, takes full responsibility for it. for the reasons you describe.

I am only interested in your onesidedness.

In other words, have no problem a right wingers oneseidedness and blatant dishonesty.

:thup:

We both know that the Bush FY2009 budget had a $1 trillion dollar deficit and that Obama and the Dem Congress tacked an additional $450 billion on top of the Bush trillion.

It's not hard to acknowledge that fact.

Not really. Its called payback.

When I actually see the left frame an issue honestly my position might change.

The left deserves to be punked at every opportunity.

Another fine example of "if they talk long enough, they reveal their true selves".

And another # for the sigline.

The Obama is proud of His useful idiots.
And another. Life's too short.

The National Debt on the first day of the first Obama fiscal year-11,920,519,164,319.42
The National Debt today-15,667,467,925,869.05
Someone's math is a little off?
Not to discount the fact that after Obama leaves office that he will go down as the biggest and fastest spender of all presidents in the history of the US, but someone is exaggerating. But then CNS was used as a reference. During the first 9 months that CNS included, the US was operating under the Bush fical year's budget.

The National Debt on the first day of the first Obama fiscal year

He passed his "stimulus" well before his fiscal year started.
Also, Bush "spent" TARP money which was repaid under Obama.
Why should Bush be charged for that and Obama credited?

The National Debt on the first day of the first Obama fiscal year-11,920,519,164,319.42
Not to discount the fact that after Obama leaves office that he will go down as the biggest and fastest spender of all presidents in the history of the US, but someone is exaggerating. But then CNS was used as a reference. During the first 9 months that CNS included, the US was operating under the Bush fical year's budget.

TARP really isn't an issue we are discussing or arguing about. TARP has been paid back.

We interrupt the Lefty diversion from real issues to announce the latest high watermark in the historic Obama Presidency:

CNSNews.com)- In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.

Although he has served less than a term, Obama is now the first American president to see the federal government's debt increase by more than $5 trillion during his time in office.'

The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56 | CNSNews.com

Congrats, I guess.

Yet Barack Obama questioned George W Bush's patriotism for spending that much in eight years. I don't here the left questioning Obama's patriotism for doubling down on the already ridiculous spending of the Bush administration.

We interrupt the Lefty diversion from real issues to announce the latest high watermark in the historic Obama Presidency:

CNSNews.com)- In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.

Although he has served less than a term, Obama is now the first American president to see the federal government's debt increase by more than $5 trillion during his time in office.'

The $5 Trillion Man: Debt Has Increased Under Obama by $5,027,761,476,484.56 | CNSNews.com

Congrats, I guess.

You do of course realize that the fault lies with Bush...

In my opinion, TARP was important and sucessful legislation. They both deserve some credit.

You know the stimulus spending has been integrated in to baseline spending right? They expanded the government 'budget' if you can call it that when they implemented stimulus. That's why the spending has exploded under Obama. It will continue to explode under this administration and that is one of the primary reasons he needs to be stopped.

My question is will Mitt Romney spend less than Obama? Will he spend less than W? These are the important questions... Not whether Romney put his dog on the roof of the car or whether Obama ate dog....

Let's put their feet to the fire!

In my opinion, TARP was important and sucessful legislation. They both deserve some credit.

TARP was intended to free up capital so that banks would LEND to businesses and consumers. That didn't happen for the most part. They used the capital they were given to buy up smaller banks. It was wealth consolidation of the highest order, financed by we the people. The banks benefited and we got squa-douche...

Forum List

Back