The 2015 GOP Clown Car: Bigger, Meaner, and More Dangerous Than Ever

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Another year gone and another string of long-winded, factually inaccurate, and manufactured comments from the clowns in the Republican Party are behind us. With every passing year that the little clown car pulls up it seems to get a little bigger and every year more and more clowns pour out and step up to the podium to obfuscate and pontificate. Nearly everything they say would lead one to believe that they are impervious to reality and yet their statements are made in such a way and with such confidence that it's as if they had received the message from God Himself.

When you pay attention to the news and politics as much as someone like me does you get to a point that a facepalm is a frequent occurrence. Eventually eye rolls are more common. And hopefully, if you've managed to maintain a shred of your sanity, you get the occasional chuckle out of hearing someone in politics bloviate about something they apparently know nothing about. Having any faith in humanity makes it hard to believe or accept that some of these folks actually believe what they're saying. Common sense would dictate otherwise, but not everyone is blessed with common sense. After all, people vote for morons, usually against their own best interest, and people watch FOX News despite evidence that the channel gets its facts wrong more than 50 percent of the time.

In fact, Fox News host Sean Hannity got the award for "Worst Host" in a poll conducted by the Mediaite website. Mediaite asked fellow media members to pick the best and worst of cable news networks: Fox, MSNBC, and CNN. Respondents were told that their votes would be kept anonymous to encourage honesty. Hannity won hands down and he didn't take it well as evidenced by an epic, public, all caps,tantrum on Twitter.

The most ridiculous comments seem to come from Republicans and I would defy anyone to say otherwise. I have yet to see anyone come up with a list of comments from liberals that comes close, in volume or content, to lists of stupid things Republicans or conservatives say on a fairly regular and consistent basis. It might be low hanging fruit, but there's a lot of it and every time one of them opens their mouths America becomes a little more ignorant.

Hannity isn't alone. The Republicans, as a whole, have been wrong about nearly everything this past year. As Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman writes in the New York Times:

All year Americans have been bombarded with dire news reports portraying a world out of control and a clueless government with no idea what to do. Yet if you look back at what actually happened over the past year, you see something completely different. Amid all the derision, a number of major government policies worked just fine -- and the biggest successes involved the most derided policies. You'll never hear this on Fox News, but 2014 was a year in which the federal government, in particular, showed that it can do some important things very well if it wants to.​

It's a new year though and the clown car about to be sworn in next week is bigger than ever with a majority in both the Senate and the House. A car full of gun loving, poor hating, veteran screwing, climate change denying, Wall Street deregulating, health care repealing, and wealthy old white man loving clowns. Their plans so far include repealing Dodd-Frank, cutting and privatizing social security, cutting pensions, defunding Obamacare, eliminating food stamps and welfare, raising taxes on the middle class and working poor, cutting taxes for the super-rich and corporations, and who knows how many other Benghazi, IRS, and impeachment hearings we'll have to endure. They have the numbers to do what they want and by this time next year we could be having a completely different conversation in a completely different country.

Much More: The 2015 GOP Clown Car: Bigger, Meaner, and More Dangerous Than Ever

The 2015 GOP clown car will likely be bad for America - but likely good for Democrats in 2016.

Another year gone and another string of long-winded, factually inaccurate, and manufactured comments from the clowns in the Republican Party are behind us. With every passing year that the little clown car pulls up it seems to get a little bigger and every year more and more clowns pour out and step up to the podium to obfuscate and pontificate. Nearly everything they say would lead one to believe that they are impervious to reality and yet their statements are made in such a way and with such confidence that it's as if they had received the message from God Himself.

When you pay attention to the news and politics as much as someone like me does you get to a point that a facepalm is a frequent occurrence. Eventually eye rolls are more common. And hopefully, if you've managed to maintain a shred of your sanity, you get the occasional chuckle out of hearing someone in politics bloviate about something they apparently know nothing about. Having any faith in humanity makes it hard to believe or accept that some of these folks actually believe what they're saying. Common sense would dictate otherwise, but not everyone is blessed with common sense. After all, people vote for morons, usually against their own best interest, and people watch FOX News despite evidence that the channel gets its facts wrong more than 50 percent of the time.

In fact, Fox News host Sean Hannity got the award for "Worst Host" in a poll conducted by the Mediaite website. Mediaite asked fellow media members to pick the best and worst of cable news networks: Fox, MSNBC, and CNN. Respondents were told that their votes would be kept anonymous to encourage honesty. Hannity won hands down and he didn't take it well as evidenced by an epic, public, all caps,tantrum on Twitter.

The most ridiculous comments seem to come from Republicans and I would defy anyone to say otherwise. I have yet to see anyone come up with a list of comments from liberals that comes close, in volume or content, to lists of stupid things Republicans or conservatives say on a fairly regular and consistent basis. It might be low hanging fruit, but there's a lot of it and every time one of them opens their mouths America becomes a little more ignorant.

Hannity isn't alone. The Republicans, as a whole, have been wrong about nearly everything this past year. As Nobel Prize winning economist Paul Krugman writes in the New York Times:

All year Americans have been bombarded with dire news reports portraying a world out of control and a clueless government with no idea what to do. Yet if you look back at what actually happened over the past year, you see something completely different. Amid all the derision, a number of major government policies worked just fine -- and the biggest successes involved the most derided policies. You'll never hear this on Fox News, but 2014 was a year in which the federal government, in particular, showed that it can do some important things very well if it wants to.​

It's a new year though and the clown car about to be sworn in next week is bigger than ever with a majority in both the Senate and the House. A car full of gun loving, poor hating, veteran screwing, climate change denying, Wall Street deregulating, health care repealing, and wealthy old white man loving clowns. Their plans so far include repealing Dodd-Frank, cutting and privatizing social security, cutting pensions, defunding Obamacare, eliminating food stamps and welfare, raising taxes on the middle class and working poor, cutting taxes for the super-rich and corporations, and who knows how many other Benghazi, IRS, and impeachment hearings we'll have to endure. They have the numbers to do what they want and by this time next year we could be having a completely different conversation in a completely different country.

Much More: The 2015 GOP Clown Car: Bigger, Meaner, and More Dangerous Than Ever

The 2015 GOP clown car will likely be bad for America - but likely good for Democrats in 2016.
Am I glad the Dems won the mid-terms or we'd never hear the end of it!!!:dance:

It is so amusing to watch NaziCons totally ignore the thread topic - and go straight for deflection.

We need a leader that won't divide, but heal this nation. A leader that will spend money on things we need like infrastructure, science, r&d and work to fix our fucked up educational system.

I am sorry, but a leftist isn't what we need even through I agree that raising the minimum wage is a good idea. They just focus on identity way too much.

I am also sorry, but a losertrian isn't what we need as we do need to build infrastructure, fund science and r&d. we also need at the local level to repair our fucked up educational system. That takes people in power with a clue.

It is so amusing to watch NaziCons totally ignore the thread topic - and go straight for deflection.
Your thread is nothing more than the usual leftwing bitterly denouncing the Repubs in advance for the things the liberal progressive pukes failed to do in the past six years.Same old whiny,weeping BS.

Anyone who supports the liar in chief maobama and prince harry has no room to point fingers at others. All your BS just proves just how out of touch with reality you are.

They haven't even been sworn in yet from the Democrats losing THE SENATE and here comes the HATE and Smears.

you lefties are so predictable

something something vast right-wing conspiracy something something.

That's what I got from it too. Honestly, when I read the title, I had somehow expected more substance.... but it's pretty much the same old tired "vast right-wing conspiracy" theory retitled, in a new package, with more unsupportable insults.

The left-wing play book, never really changes does it.

They haven't even been sworn in yet from the Democrats losing THE SENATE and here comes the HATE and Smears.

you lefties are so predictable

you lefties are so pathetic.

Fixed it for you, Steph.

Thank you I forgot to add that too
here they come with whine whine whine. they are ugly when they win and more ugly when they lose. funny to watch though:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Forum List

Back