The 13 ways the Tea Party is like the Taliban

Well by crackie, if they said on The Newsroom, it must be true! Good golly gee willickers true indeed! Yes sirree...

I guess that means what Bob Hope said in The Ghost Breakers about Democrats must be true as well...

This thread belongs in the TV Forum, not Politics.

Writers for "The Newsroom" have been fact-checked on other things and found to be accurate. Thinking of the list here, the Tea Party and Taliban comparison is also accurate regardless of the source. Important to remember that no matter the tv genre, someone had to write it. And if the genre is taking place in the real world, present-day it's more likely going to be true than fabricated fiction. Why set a story in the modern real-world then make up a fictional version?

I think that sometimes, RWNJS just need to get a primal scream off their chests, sunken or not. Being permanently angry is very hard to do, you know.

Ok, Righties, tomorrow, 09:30 sharp, let's get you all together in one knuckle-dragging location and y'all can scream to your hearts content.

Wonderful.

As usual, the tee potty types can't respond to the content so they fling shit at the walls.

Anybody surprised?

SSDD

Well by crackie, if they said on The Newsroom, it must be true! Good golly gee willickers true indeed! Yes sirree...

I guess that means what Bob Hope said in The Ghost Breakers about Democrats must be true as well...

Writers for "The Newsroom" have been fact-checked on other things and found to be accurate. Thinking of the list here, the Tea Party and Taliban comparison is also accurate regardless of the source. Important to remember that no matter the tv genre, someone had to write it. And if the genre is taking place in the real world, present-day it's more likely going to be true than fabricated fiction. Why set a story in the modern real-world then make up a fictional version?

omfrikkengawd. you ever consider the Newsroom is biased in their political views

My god first the left thinks Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are real news and now this I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. The most frightening part of this whole thread is that the people who buy into this are allowed to vote.

ah the poor TPM wuckfits :420::banghead::banghead:
blowup.gif

:Boom2::blowup::50::9:

sorry, teaps, you are politically finished

Tea Party positions include:

Anyone notice this rhetorical sleight of hand? It means that any opinion expressed by any Tea Party member (or posing as a Tea Party member) at any time is included in this bogus list of "Tea Party positions."

Of course, none of these are listed on the Tea Party's own website. But then the OP is not known for intellectual honesty...

The so-called TEA party is grass roots. There is no national spokesman. All this hatred from the Leftists is being directed at your average patriotic American citizen who believes this Country is going down the wrong path. The last six years is proof of that.

Ideological purity
Compromise as weakness
A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism
Denying science
Unmoved by facts
Undeterred by new information
A hostile fear of progress
A demonization of education
A need to control women’s bodies
Severe xenophobia
Tribal mentality
Intolerance of dissent
A pathological hatred of the US government

- HBO's "The Newsroom"
The Newsroom Tea Party Is The American Taliban Quotes

HBO said it, it has to be true, silly rabbit...

The demon has spoken...

My guess Bill Maher is your savior...

The tea party members and those of the far right perform the same
"rhetorical slight of hand" and ascribed nonsense to the mainstream GOP

The so-called TEA party is grass roots. There is no national spokesman. All this hatred from the Leftists is being directed at your average patriotic American citizen who believes this Country is going down the wrong path. The last six years is proof of that.

The TPM is its own abandoned field inundated by its own crap, searing the roots of a once vigorous movement, know simply dying away.

Are you for fucking real? I've been involved with movements working for rights of Afghan women and children since the mid 90's.

Anyone who could even believe that the Tea Party are even remotely like the Taliban is a major mother fucking asshole. A partisan hack beyond the pale.

Get back to me when you can show me incidences of Tea Party men throwing acid on little girls trying to go to school.

Or when they start demanding that women wear burkas. Or when they ban children from flying kites because the kite might have been made out of a recycled Bible. Or when Tea Partiers hold mass executions in soccer stadiums to eliminate any opposition to them.

Or when there are public stonings for anyone accused of adultery. Check out their crimes against humanity and then come back in and try to make a case that the Tea Party are like the Taliban.

I seriously want to bazooka barf when I see bullshit threads like this. It really crosses the fucking line.

Just fucking sick.

One major difference between the Tea Party and the Taliban is that the latter is accepted and embraced by the President of the United States and his followers to the extent that he gave them back five of their top commanders and is negotiating with them on a continual basis. That would be the Taliban. Yet he reviles conservative Americans and considers them his true enemy.

Most interesting. Appalling but fascinating at the same time.

Ideological purity
Compromise as weakness
A fundamentalist belief in scriptural literalism
Denying science
Unmoved by facts
Undeterred by new information
A hostile fear of progress
A demonization of education
A need to control women’s bodies
Severe xenophobia
Tribal mentality
Intolerance of dissent
A pathological hatred of the US government

- HBO's "The Newsroom"
The Newsroom Tea Party Is The American Taliban Quotes
Chuck-E-Cheese-Logo1.jpg

Great Thread!

The TPM is its own abandoned field inundated by its own crap, searing the roots of a once vigorous movement, know simply dying away.
The message of the TEA Party is not dead.

Forum List

Back