The Tea Party is Dying ? What a laugh.

Shove it Jake.

You are a nobody.

The Tea Party is dead. Long live the Tea Party!

As the 2014 primary season proceeds, every Tuesday supposedly brings a radical new change in the fate of the Tea Party. Last week, when Thom Tillis won the nomination to be the GOP’s Senate candidate in North Carolina, we heard that the establishment was vanquishing the extreme elements in the party. Now that Ben Sasse has won in Nebraska, with endorsements from Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz in hand, the storyline today has it that the Tea Party has gained new life.

But here’s the real story: The Tea Party’s influence isn’t dependent on any particular election. While they’re happy to have their favored candidates prevail, they can keep on losing and still be an incredibly important force in American politics.

Look at North Carolina. For starters, the very fact that the extremely conservative Thom Tillis, a diehard 47 percenter, became the “establishment” choice tells you something about the Tea Party’s continuing influence. But in order to fend off his even more right-wing challengers, Tillis had to make emphatic declarations of his conservatism.

Indeed, a poll released yesterday by robo-firm Public Policy Polling found that positions Tillis took to win the Republican nomination could hurt him in the general election, including his opposition to an increase in the minimum wage, his desire to eliminate the Department of Education, and his climate denialism. Vulnerable incumbent Senator Kay Hagan would have preferred to run against one of Tillis’ nutty opponents, but running against someone who lurched to the right in the primary is the next best thing.

Mia Love is a Tea Party fav.

It's not like the tea party people have gone away lefties.

They are all working to get the voters in each of their districts educated on the issues.

That is exactly what happened in Virginia.
Once they knew the issues, they knew Cantor's ads were lies.
The big money for Cantor had no influence.

n-COLBERT-TEA-PARTY-FRANKENSTEIN-large300.jpg

Colbert Celebrates The Tea Party's 'Frankenstein'-Like Return From The Dead

IT'S ALIVE!!! I love it...

Does anyone really think that Ted Cruz is going to be defeated in his bid for re-election ?

Does anyone except FakeMalarkey really think Mike Lee is going to have an issue ?

Does anyone not see that Mia Love is really espousing Tea Party principles and will cruise to a victory ?

As near as I can tell, the left is confusing dead with "can't steamroll us like they did in 2010".

Sorry, but Tea Party candidates barely registered a blip in the primaries. Only one or two made it this time.

A significant demographic power drain since 2010. The Establishment GOP is back on top and ruling the roost. This is an inescapable fact.

And I don't know if you noticed, but ObamaCare is still here, and is here to stay. So I don't know how you rule that a Tea Party victory. :lol:

It is unfortunate that a good poster like yourself can't recognize the article or the argument for what it is really saying.

The Tea Party is very much alive on all levels. The recent blast in Kansas in 2012 was just an example:

Conservative Republicans Make Gains in Kansas

Conservative Republicans Make Gains in Kansas - WSJ

Lest you think Kansas is that "Red", please recall we had the dishonor of providing that moron Kathleen Sebelius after she served as our moron in chief (governor) for eight years.

But more to the point....as the article points out....you have people like Graham moving more to the right to keep from being primarried. I'd call that progress.

Obamacare is here....just what does that mean ? It is affecting very few people for the good right now...but soon the bad will kick in...then we'll see.

I didn't say the Tea Party was always smart....I just said they were not dying.

And don't you think that the effort to groom better "mainstreamers" by folks like Rove isn't a victory ?

I used to love the GOP. I've never liked the Democrats. But the GOP used to actually stand for something and had real principles. Now they just pay lip service to whatever they think the rubes want to hear, all in the name of acquiring earthly powers. They have no principles any more. None.

Agreed.

(Waving hand over my head...) I was raised by Eisenhower Republicans in a place called the far western states and voted for Reagan in 1980. If I had known he was going to start moving money and jobs out of the country I wouldn't have. I sure as hell didn't vote for him again after he started that "trickle down" bullshit. "Trickle out" was more like it.

Does anyone really think that Ted Cruz is going to be defeated in his bid for re-election ?

Does anyone except FakeMalarkey really think Mike Lee is going to have an issue ?

Does anyone not see that Mia Love is really espousing Tea Party principles and will cruise to a victory ?

As near as I can tell, the left is confusing dead with "can't steamroll us like they did in 2010".

You are trying to apply a big brush stroke to a canvas that is full of paint daubs. The Tea Party is having successes in isolated places, not mainstream. Ted Cruz will be re-elected for sure because he's seen the future if he doesn't kiss Texas ass and it's called Eric Cantor. He's better keep that Goldman Sachs exec wife of his under wraps....

Last edited:
And yet another example of how the Tea Party is putting it's foot in the backs of many so called mainstreamers and moving them right. Nobody wants to be primaried and these dinks move right to appease the far right.

FakeFarkey can blather all he wants. The Tea Party is still alive and kicking ass.

Lindsey Graham, Impeachment and Tea Party Conversion | RedState

So even if Republicans facing primary challengers from the right are not in real danger, their rivals will keep bringing the heat, scrambling the potential for deals by a Congress already making history for doing so little.

“The tea party has racked up important victories electorally but also ideologically, and that pressure on establishment Republicans will continue,” said James Hartman, a Louisiana-based political consultant advising tea party-backed congressional candidate Rob Maness. “The compromises being blocked are absolutely favorable in terms of public policy. No, we don’t want tax increases. No, we don’t want Obamacare.”

The battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party expanded in the past week to include challenges against Mississippi Sen. Thad Cochran and Texas Sen. John Cornyn, bringing the total of GOP senators facing primary opponents to seven. All of the incumbents are favored to beat their opponents. But that doesn’t mean they’re free to cut any deals across the aisle; doing so would be risky in a highly polarized political climate that sees compromise as betrayal.

“Members of Congress are risk averse, and if they can avoid getting attention from the bullies, they will,” said Republican consultant John Feehery, a former Capitol Hill staffer.

During the past year, ...... core membership numbers have neither receded nor died, but grown by four percent. [That's despite the barrage of rabid socio-fascist propaganda directed against them]

Despite sagging public sympathy post-shutdown, core membership in the national Tea Party factions remains high, at over half a million people. Last year, membership growth slowed to roughly four percent.

The level of Tea Party supporters also rose, particularly on social media. The combined total for national Tea Party Facebook likes was 7,683,327, and Twitter followers totaled 382,240.

The Tea Party is strong and growing, It's OWS / Occupy Wall Street hat has fizzled, a bunch of little rich brats who wanted to play at being modern day hippies

You are trying to apply a big brush stroke to a canvas that is full of paint daubs. The Tea Party is having successes in isolated places, not mainstream. Ted Cruz will be re-elected for sure because he's seen the future if he doesn't kiss Texas ass and it's called Eric Cantor. He's better keep that Goldman Sachs exec wife of his under wraps....

Maybe you are getting the point.

The OP is about it's influence, not about ruling the world.

They don't need to succeed in the "mainstream". But as long as they exist as a threat, people will pay attention to them. Hence Graham's shift.

And they continue to make inroads.

Nebraska.

Mia Love (who may not be Tea Party, but sure sounds like one).

They don't need to succeed in the "mainstream". But as long as they exist as a threat, people will pay attention to them. Hence Graham's shift.

Nebraska.

"A house divided....". The Tea Party's a threat all right,.... to the GOP.

I think the latest Pew Research (or Gallup) showed that 52% of American voters are in the middle. That means no radicals. David Brat is a far rightwing Jesus-lovin', BIble-thumpin', gay-hating, anti-immigration nut. The people of 9th District in Virginia didn't vote FOR him as much as they voted against Cantor. Let's see how he does in the main election.

Nebraska.

I think the latest Pew Research (or Gallup) showed that 52% of American voters are in the middle. That means no radicals. David Brat is a far rightwing Jesus-lovin', BIble-thumpin', gay-hating, anti-immigration nut. The people of 9th District in Virginia didn't vote FOR him as much as they voted against Cantor. Let's see how he does in the main election.

So says the political HACK that uses bogus data about shootings and doesn't bother to post a link to where they got the information.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...otings-in-77-weeks-worth-it-s-own-thread.html

LIAR:eusa_hand:

It's not like the tea party people have gone away lefties.

They are all working to get the voters in each of their districts educated on the issues.

That is exactly what happened in Virginia.
Once they knew the issues, they knew Cantor's ads were lies.
The big money for Cantor had no influence.
Indeed. Truth has no agenda. Cantor did.

Nebraska.

Are you still not getting it.

They want to be a threat to the GOP.

But that does not make them radicals. They simply are tired of not being heard.

So they did something about it. Shame on them for participating in the process.

Please show me the quotes from Brat that would support your claim. Actual quotes (i.e. Todd Akin type "legitimate rape"). Maybe they exist. I don't see them plastered all over this board....so I am somewhat suspicious. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:

Nebraska.

Are you still not getting it.

They want to be a threat to the GOP.

But that does not make them radicals. They simply are tired of not being heard.

So they did something about it. Shame on them for participating in the process.
And shame on the GOP and The Democrats for attacking them. The TEA Party (citizens), are attacked because they are a threat to the grip on power that BOTH the Democrats/Republicans have a monopoly on. Both are threatened. The truth must really be a threat to the Democrats and Republicans.

The Tea Party is Dying ? What a laugh.

The desperate liberals keep saying that before every election, every straw poll, etc.

And then they spend most of their time between those events, whining about how much the TEA party is doing that they don't like. :cuckoo:

Pfft...few liberals are whining about Cantor losing his seat. Its a lie you keep telling yourself to make yourself feel better.

As a liberal, I love what the TEA party is doing. It's a disease causing the conservatives to basically cannibalize their most effective leaders and the party as a whole to sacrifice the middle of the road.

As an American, I dislike what the TEA party stands for; more corporate power, less individual power.

The Tea-Tarts are indeed going bye-bye. The Koch Brothers concoction to try to inflame radical right-wingnuts to vote against their own interests is flopping on the shore like a fish.

This is good for America. Now we have a lot of work to do to clean up the rabid propaganda being floated by these right-wing extremists and get the facts out their so people can start forming INFORMED opinions.

I am apparently not yet cool enough to post actual links since I'm new but yeah. Let's hope they fade into obscurity and stay there so the adults can talk about fixing the problems our country faces rationally.

Do a Google search on Tea Party Decline. The first two should be Washington Post articles which will tell the story. There is also anther by Gallup a few links down with an interesting video.

Forum List

Back