The 10th Amendment

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Listening, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Steven_R

Steven_R Tommy Vercetti Fan Club

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,461
    Which begs the question how do we get people to vote to end their free ride? It isn't just turning off the DC money tap, but the state capitals, county commissions, and city hall is buying votes via pork and programs the same way DC does it. How do we get enough people to say "no" to "free" money?

2. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,528
    The only way out I see now is a Constitutional Amendment that requires the Federal government to slowly and carefully transfer all entitlements to the states where they belonged in the first place and that denies those in the White House, Congress, or any government agency from dispensing ANY benefit or imposing any requirement to anybody that isn't dispensed to everybody regardless of socioeconomic status or political afflialtion without exception, including themselves.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  3. SayMyName

SayMyName Live, Love, Laugh.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Good points. I have been a member of the GOP for over 30 years. The last few years made me scratch my head in absolute wonder. Now, I simply realize many of us have to no longer go along to get along. It is time to say what was wrong and demand better, and not just blame the Democrats. Goodness, I might not agree with a lot about the Democrats and their policies, but I would rather hang with them for awhile rather than those that called me their own and stabbed us all in the back for the 8 years of the Bush presidency. The waste, the utter chaos he left not only our party, but the nation. Such lost opportunity. More than anything else, if there is a Dante's Inferno, losing opportunity to do good has to be one of the lowest pits. With the money we spent on those concocted wars and the bailout of the banks, the potential to totally remake this country would have been enormous.

I hope he is enjoying himself hiding down there in Crawford.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. hunarcy

hunarcy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,378
    What is TRULY amazing to me is that these people who clutch their petticoats and bemoan nullification, are the same who are cheering and hugging over the medical marijuana/Colorado recreational marijuana laws which essentially nullifies the federal government's ban on marijuana.

It is to laugh! :lol:

5. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,528
    But how much do the admiinistrators of Dante's Inferno rub their hands in glee and anticipation when those who condemn the sins of some then hang with those who do even worse sins? ? Hang with those Who have had the opportunity to do good for far more years than wthe Bush Administration and instead have not done good but have accomplished, intentionally or unintentionally, much evil? Hang with those who not only consistently ignore and trample on the 10th Amendment, but would do away with it in a heartbeat given the opportunity?

Our resentment and impulse to lash out and punish those who disappoint us, or who we have been taught to hate, creates some very strange and insidious bed fellows at times.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014