That Gun Totting Evil White Man that shot that poor black teen.

But this is interesting. If he is claiming that "stand your ground" doesn't apply there certainly should have been an arrest.

No link on he was shot in the back ?

Righteousness turns to fabrication to keep the emotional narrative alive.

But this is interesting. If he is claiming that "stand your ground" doesn't apply there certainly should have been an arrest.

I didn't say he was shot in the back. Try reading for comprehension.

And btw, when are you going to produce evidence that Martin wasn't allowed to walk in the gated community?

I didn't say he was shot in the back. Try reading for comprehension.

And btw, when are you going to produce evidence that Martin wasn't allowed to walk in the gated community?

Where are you getting the information that he was shot in the chest, not the back?

Never said he wasn't allowed....your spinning just like the statements above.

Your emotional premise has been shot down with the words of the officials from very progressive newspapers.

If Zimmerman really were being so violently attacked that he needed to scream the bloody murder heard on the tapes, he wouldn't have been able to pull out his gun, much less wrestle the kid prone to shoot him in the back.

This is nothing more than an assumption on your part, which doesn't even make sense considering all the known facts. Even if your contention were true, and Martin did engage in hostility with Zimmerman, at most it would have been Zimmerman who would have had a reason to fear for his safety. He was walking down the street and minding his own business, and this guy comes chasing him down for not apparent reason and corners him in someone's yard. The simple fact of the matter is that Zimmerman chased Martin down. Zimmerman admitted on the 911 tape that he was following after Martin. This fact alone eliminates Zimmerman's ability to claim self defense, because he was the one who created the hostile situation.
Where are you coming up with your 'facts' about Martin being 'wrestled to the ground'?

Martin was found face down on the ground when the cops arrived, but he had already been shot, in the chest, not in the back.

And what makes you think someone cannot pull out a gun simply because they screamed? How are those two actions mutually exclusive?

What "chase" are you talking about? Then let us know how following someone is prohibited by law (without a court order)?

You need to read the police report and the statute - your "facts" are wrong.
Where are you getting the information that he was shot in the chest, not the back?

While not in the police report itself, it is in several news reports, so I cannot be sure of the veracity.

Here is one news report from NPR and there are several others.

Where are you coming up with your 'facts' about Martin being 'wrestled to the ground'?

Martin was found face down on the ground when the cops arrived, but he had already been shot, in the chest, not in the back.

And what makes you think someone cannot pull out a gun simply because they screamed? How are those two actions mutually exclusive?

What "chase" are you talking about? Then let us know how following someone is prohibited by law (without a court order)?

You need to read the police report and the statute - your "facts" are wrong.

While not in the police report itself, it is in several news reports, so I cannot be sure of the veracity.

Okay. It is odd that it isn't in the police report. Nor is the location of Zimmerman's vehicle or the location of the can of iced tea. A very sloppy investigation, imo.

Okay. It is odd that it isn't in the police report. Nor is the location of Zimmerman's vehicle or the location of the can of iced tea. A very sloppy investigation, imo.
Yes, I also found it odd that it wasn't in the police report. So, I'm guessing that it is either in the CSI report (the cop report says they turned the scene over to them) or it's in the medical examiner's report. Or maybe it's in both. I haven't seen any copies of those, so I'm guessing.

Zimmerman was seen by witnesses straddling Martin's body.

Have you listened to the tapes? I'm not talking about just yelling. I'm talking about being assaulted so badly that one, allegedly, fears for their life and screams the kind of bloody murder that is heard on those tapes. That screaming came from somewhere, and if we are to believe that it is Zimmerman, as he claims, then it just doesn't make sense to not also believe that Zimmerman must have been under such intense attack that it would furthermore be nonsensical to believe that he was able to pull out his gun.

When did I ever say that following someone is prohibited by law? I said that when you pursue someone, you lose a claim to a "stand your ground" defense. Zimmerman instantly became the aggressor by following Martin and starting an confrontation with him. Stand your ground doctrine has never in history been interpreted to permit a person to create a hostile situation and then use deadly force.

Zimmerman was seen by witnesses straddling Martin's body.

Link, please.

Have you listened to the tapes? I'm not talking about just yelling. I'm talking about being assaulted so badly that one, allegedly, fears for their life and screams the kind of bloody murder that is heard on those tapes. That screaming came from somewhere, and if we are to believe that it is Zimmerman, as he claims, then it just doesn't make sense to not also believe that Zimmerman must have been under such intense attack that it would furthermore be nonsensical to believe that he was able to pull out his gun.
I know that I can scream and do other things, like run a chainsaw through a tree trunk, at the same time - done it. I imagine others can scream and do things at the same time, too.

Your mileage varies.

When did I ever say that following someone is prohibited by law? I said that when you pursue someone, you lose a claim to a "stand your ground" defense. Zimmerman instantly became the aggressor by following Martin and starting an confrontation with him. Stand your ground doctrine has never in history been interpreted to permit a person to create a hostile situation and then use deadly force.
Show me the Florida law that indicates one loses a claim to stand their ground if they follow someone.

Thanks.

Please, show the LAW, not what someone else has written.

The statute I see, says no such thing (previously linked to numerous times, too, by me and others).

TIA

I said that when you pursue someone, you lose a claim to a "stand your ground" defense. Zimmerman instantly became the aggressor by following Martin and starting an confrontation with him. Stand your ground doctrine has never in history been interpreted to permit a person to create a hostile situation and then use deadly force.

Following someone doesn't make you the aggressor.

If you are following someone and they attack you....you can defend yourself.

Last edited:
Is actually hispanic.

suchttp://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-trayvon-martin-shooting-zimmerman-letter-20120315,0,5792590,full.storyk it race baiters.

He is really half and half.....just like the president, only the shooter's father is white and mother is Peruvian. Thus half, Hispanic.

Good God, the ignorance (and mostly WILLFUL ignorance at that) in this thread is absolutely appalling. First and foremost some of you are trying to interpret the statute, without even reading what it says-and it's been linked here enough, so that every single one of you has had an opportunity to read the damn thing-if you cared to. The fact that it does NOT say what you WISH it said, or THINK it SHOULD have said. is no excuse. Neither is the fact that it may be inconvenient to your position of argument and/or your emotional desires. The law says what it says-read it, and deal with it. All the political pressure in the world, is NOT going to change what the LAW is in this case.

Second, stop making up "facts" or assuming facts not in evidence. This case, IF it comes to trial, will be tried in a court of law, and that sort of "evidence" is completely inadmissible there. I cannot believe anyone here is so ignorant as to not know that. That goes for BOTH you vigilante bigots, and you PC witch hunters; stop it, NOW.

Last but certainly not least, to you few raving lunatics on both sides who want to administer your own brand of "justice", outside the rule of law and judicial process, and in violation of the Constitution, either get a grip on yourselves and straighten up, or get the hell out of America! This nation does not need either of your sorry species.

Good God, the ignorance (and mostly WILLFUL ignorance at that) in this thread is absolutely appalling. First and foremost some of you are trying to interpret the statute, without even reading what it says-and it's been linked here enough, so that every single one of you has had an opportunity to read the damn thing-if you cared to. The fact that it does NOT say what you WISH it said, or THINK it SHOULD have said. is no excuse. Neither is the fact that it may be inconvenient to your position of argument and/or your emotional desires. The law says what it says-read it, and deal with it. All the political pressure in the world, is NOT going to change what the LAW is in this case.

Second, stop making up "facts" or assuming facts not in evidence. This case, IF it comes to trial, will be tried in a court of law, and that sort of "evidence" is completely inadmissible there. I cannot believe anyone here is so ignorant as to not know that. That goes for BOTH you vigilante bigots, and you PC witch hunters; stop it, NOW.

Last but certainly not least, to you few raving lunatics on both sides who want to administer your own brand of "justice", outside the rule of law and judicial process, and in violation of the Constitution, either get a grip on yourselves and straighten up, or get the hell out of America! This nation does not need either of your sorry species.
:clap2:

I said that when you pursue someone, you lose a claim to a "stand your ground" defense. Zimmerman instantly became the aggressor by following Martin and starting an confrontation with him. Stand your ground doctrine has never in history been interpreted to permit a person to create a hostile situation and then use deadly force.

Following someone doesn't make you the aggressor.

If you are following someone and they attack you....you can defend yourself.

Zimmerman was on the phone to 911. Martin likely heard him, became enraged, turned, and attacked him.

What matters is the circumstances of the shooting .

Had a concealed carry permit, and was packing heat. . When you have just been told to back off, as was the case here, .

I deleted out the bullshit, so that doesn't leave me much except to agree with you that the circumstances are important.

a witness say Zimmerman on his back and heard someone yelling for help.

Zimmerman was beaten. Busted face and grass stains on his back.

he was armed with a pistol and won against a teen with a can as a weapon.

but like I said

He isn't white, so the race baiters, like the teens family, are fucked.

Boy, you are way out of line. Zimmerman was twice the size of the kid. He initiated the conflict. The boy had done nothing at all wrong. All the boy had on him was a sack of candy and a can of iced tea.

There are a bunch of questions here. Why, with Zimmerman's background, did he have a concealed carry permit at all? Why did not the police take him in for questioning, and arrest him just on the evidence of the recording on the 9-11 call?

And why are you defending a murderer?

The 'kid' was 6 feet tall and weighted 160 pounds. That would make Zimmerman 12 feet tall and 320 pounds. Whoah! :lol:

The concealed carry permit is not an issue. Much more gun crime is committed by people who do not have a permit than us that do.

It most certainly is an issue. This crime was committed by a person with the permit. And that permit has certain responsibilities attached to it. One is that you do not initiate hostilities.

Also an issue here, is why this particular person had such a permit.

It does? then post that law.

The lefts lying hysteria is what opened many more States to concealed carry then from the original 7. You dont have a damn clue.

the left, the progressive left. Liberals like me would never fall for this pc bullshit. but then again, liberals like me never fall for the right wing pc bullshit either

go figure

:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back