Thanksgiving dinner

have you see the pie/cake things..dessertcuken?

pies baked in cake

1638225_orig.jpg
LOL, no I never heard of it........:lol:

That should be illegal...it's just over the top crazy...I should try that.

Here's a super goodie too:

""Pastel de Tres Leches" or "Tres Leches Cake" is named for the three milks in the soaking liquid (Leche means milk in Spanish.) The three milks in the soaking sauce for Tres Leches are sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream. The heavy cream is also whipped up to use as the topping. Due to the rich ingredients and that it is soaked in a creamy syrup, Tres Leches Cake is extremely dense and moist, almost like a custard. Tres Leches is sweet and delicious, but it is nothing like a traditional dry cake that is light and fluffy."

Pastel de Tres Leches- Basic Tres Leches Cake Recipe

I make this every now and then...only I use either a white or yellow cake mix...then I just follow the directions for the soaking liquid. It is unbelievably yummy, and super super sweet (particularly if you use a white cake mix, instead of the yellow)

I.jpg

Joy!

I love tres leche. It's not for everyone. I eat my ordinary cake with cream on it, so that explains that.

KG do you have a Pico de gallo recipe?

Funny you should ask...

But I always called it "salsa".

Then my son told me it isn't salsa unless you cook it, so I came up with the salsa recipe I posted somewhere on here...

But I prefer my uncooked version which has:

Chopped fresh tomatoes & juice
Tomato sauce
Lots of powdered and fresh garlic
Chopped cilantro
Chopped onion...green and white or yellow
small can of chilies
lime juice
lots of salt
tobasco or cayenne
pepper
maybe a little chili powder or cumin or both

Pretty much the same as my salsa, but I cooked the sauce and some of the seasonings for the salsa, then mixed it all up.

I made almost 2 quarts of it the other night, and it was gone in two days....super cheap and pretty healthy snack for the kidlets!

We heat up the tortilla chips...

and if you have it, mash up some avocado with a little taco seasoning and serve that with it too.

We also make our own tortilla chips...we cut up tortillas, flour and corn, and salt and fry them. Yum.

us you can come eat with my family.

I can't guarantee the food with be completely dog-hair free, however. I've got 3 kids and 3 dogs all under the age of 11, and only 1300 square feet...all of which is open to the kitchen.

At my mother's house this year, as usual...
Turkey
Bread stuffing
Meat stuffing (my stepfather is French-Canadian)
Mashed potatoes
Broccoli with cheese sauce
Squash
Cranberry sauce

Pretty much the usual.

Roast Turkey
Traditional Bread Stuffing
Brown and Wild Rice Stuffing
Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Cranberry Sauce
Green Bean Casserole
Watergate Salad
Hot Dinner Rolls and Butter
Spinach Dip and Sweet Hawaiian Rolls
Olives
Fresh Vegetables (Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, baby carrots, celery) and dip
Pumpkin Pie and Banana Cream Pie

Attachments

• $100_1386.JPG
    $100_1386.JPG
    449.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Oh, and if you're noticing that the silverware isn't placed properly...my husband set the table. And I wasn't about to correct him when he was helping for a change! : )

Attachments

• $100_1388.JPG
    $100_1388.JPG
    453 KB · Views: 58
KG do you have a Pico de gallo recipe?

Funny you should ask...

But I always called it "salsa".

Then my son told me it isn't salsa unless you cook it, so I came up with the salsa recipe I posted somewhere on here...

But I prefer my uncooked version which has:

Chopped fresh tomatoes & juice
Tomato sauce
Lots of powdered and fresh garlic
Chopped cilantro
Chopped onion...green and white or yellow
small can of chilies
lime juice
lots of salt
tobasco or cayenne
pepper
maybe a little chili powder or cumin or both

Pretty much the same as my salsa, but I cooked the sauce and some of the seasonings for the salsa, then mixed it all up.

I made almost 2 quarts of it the other night, and it was gone in two days....super cheap and pretty healthy snack for the kidlets!

We heat up the tortilla chips...

and if you have it, mash up some avocado with a little taco seasoning and serve that with it too.

We also make our own tortilla chips...we cut up tortillas, flour and corn, and salt and fry them. Yum.

That sounds absolutely delish!

Forum List

Back