Why the Left loathes Thanksgiving

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
The Left loathes Thanksgiving.
But I have never heard one of them say that they are leaving the US.
They enjoy the fruits of living in America too much to leave it.
The truth is that the Left loathes the "Colonizers".
The "Colonizers" were the European Wasps who settled and founded the country and who wrote our constitution.
The Left has been using the term "colonizers" at lot lately.
You can hear Democrat Politicians using this term.
They are who the Left hates.
The Left's antipathy for Thanksgiving is really just thinly veiled cultural hatred.

Petition · Repeal and Abolish Thanksgiving Day · …

This practice of celebrating 'Thanksgiving" is an insult to the Native Americans, an insult to our intelligence, and more especially, an insult to our humanity and COMMONDECENCY. If …

OPINION: We need to stop celebrating colonizers on Thanksgiving ...

18 hours ago · This isn’t to say we should abolish Thanksgiving and throw away all of our traditions. I love eating stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie as much as the next person. However, I do believe it’s necessary to reframe how we approach the holiday. We can’t change our past, but we can certainly change how we view it.

Thanksgiving Must Be Abolished - The Voice of Monroe, Ohio

Nov 21, 2018 · Thanksgiving is a patriarchal ritual in which white men and their subjugated marital slaves commemorate the mass execution of Indigenous People by consuming the living flesh of innocent animals. It is frankly shocking that any decent person still celebrates this “holiday” in 2018, but I suppose that’s to be expected.

Why Should We Not Celebrate Thanksgiving | Hearinnh

Oct 29, 2022However, there are a number of reasons why we should not celebrate Thanksgiving. To start with, Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide and colonialism. The holiday is based on a story where Native Americans helped the pilgrims survive, and in return the pilgrims killed and pillaged the Native Americans.

Why have millennials stopped celebrating Thanksgiving? - Salon

Nov 22, 2018although american thanksgiving did not become a federal holiday until president abraham lincoln declared it as one in 1863, amidst the horrors of the civil war, it is most commonly associated...

The "Colonizers" were the European Wasps who settled and founded the country and who wrote our constitution.
The Left's antipathy for Thanksgiving is really just thinly veiled cultural hatred.

This practice of celebrating 'Thanksgiving" is an insult to the Native Americans, an insult to our intelligence, and more especially, an insult to our humanity and COMMONDECENCY. If …

18 hours ago · This isn’t to say we should abolish Thanksgiving and throw away all of our traditions. I love eating stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie as much as the next person. However, I do believe it’s necessary to reframe how we approach the holiday. We can’t change our past, but we can certainly change how we view it.

Nov 21, 2018 · Thanksgiving is a patriarchal ritual in which white men and their subjugated marital slaves commemorate the mass execution of Indigenous People by consuming the living flesh of innocent animals. It is frankly shocking that any decent person still celebrates this “holiday” in 2018, but I suppose that’s to be expected.

Oct 29, 2022However, there are a number of reasons why we should not celebrate Thanksgiving. To start with, Thanksgiving is a celebration of genocide and colonialism. The holiday is based on a story where Native Americans helped the pilgrims survive, and in return the pilgrims killed and pillaged the Native Americans.

Nov 22, 2018although american thanksgiving did not become a federal holiday until president abraham lincoln declared it as one in 1863, amidst the horrors of the civil war, it is most commonly associated...
Kooks.

Thanksgiving is about giving thanks to Almighty God.

And since libs hate the Big Guy, of course they hate His holiday.

IMO, the left just sees a word that starts with "colon" & goes all in.

I doubt that they know a colonizer actually is.
Maybe something to do with a bidet.

oh what bullshit the OP is peddling.

i so happen to come from the original 13 ... home of nathan hale... who fought against tyranny & was a real hero.

& i can't wait for the fried turkey that i only have once a year.

so bite me.

I constantly give thanks that I'm not as miserable as most of the Republicans on this board.

They seem to like being miserable. It's perverse. I don't try to understand why conservatives love misery, because in that direction lies madness. When you gaze into the conservative abyss, the abyss gazes back into you.

What the Left needs, Trog, is a high protein, low fat, pressed vegetable soy-based meat-like substance molded into the shape of a bird.

Stick a few feathers in it, pour some vege gravy over it made from fermented brown kelp beds, and the Left will again enjoy turkey day. :smoke:

Does anyone else here see the connection with Howard Zinn? He is the Moses of Leftism in this country.

How can an atheist give thanks? It is preposterous. Giving thanks requires an object to which/whom thanks is given.

1669070311899.png

Forum List

Back