Thanks For Dollard, Yon, Roggio and the rest

Posted Today:
http://www.patdollard.com/homedispatches.html

It was a very interesting week last week, as maybe the top two news stories, were indeed, about the unfolding War on Islamofascism, or Islamic Fascist Imperialism, as I like to call it. But Islamofascism is both faster to write and in vogue, and therefore more recognizable to the reader, so I’ll use it. First of course, was the McCain-led revolt against “strong” questioning used against terrorists, as it would somehow materially undermine an enemy’s use of Geneva Convention rules against captured American military personnel in some future engagement. I can smell the bullshit in that argument literally as I type the words, and I imagine you can smell it too as you read them. And it would certainly have to be some future engagement, because the enemy in the War on Islamofascism already abuses, tortures, mutilates and murders American Prisoners as a form of TV and internet entertainment, so there will be no protection by us applying Geneva Convention standards to the terrorists. That point is moot.

First of all, even the Geneva Conventions recognize, in the Conventions themselves, that the rules only apply to national armies whose nations have agreed to and signed the Conventions. So the entire notion that the Geneva Conventions apply to terrorists is absurd, and the Conventions’ authors would not only likely agree, but in fact did agree, with the language in the text itself. It makes clear that if you don’t play ball, I don’t have to play ball. Case closed.

And what is silliest of all is that even nations who do indeed sign the Conventions, such as North Vietnam during the Vietnam War, often just disregard the Çonventions anyway. Just ask Saddam Hussein – he’ll represent. Our troops are sufficiently protected from law-abiding and humane nations we may find ourselves in a war with. To assume that by extending those protections to evil savages who don’t extend them to us, will somehow in the future protect American Military Personnel is so absurd that I’m baffled I even have to write about it. It’s at this very point that the smell of bullshit from the McCain gang really begins to kick in,

McCain’s motives, though he protests otherwise, seem to come out of a weird political/personal witch’s brew. This is the man whose ass George Bush whipped let us not forget. I would imagine that to him, not only would revenge be sweet, but so would the Presidency. In fact, nothing could be sweeter. And how in the hell is he going to distinguish himself, appeal to the middle, and stand out as an alternative to the currently unpopular Bush agenda? Like other rats fleeing a troubled ship, it would appear that he’s found his life jacket. At least in his own mind. He’s been flogging this torture issue for a year, as if he’s whipping a horse in a race. And to him, that’s exactly what he’s doing. A race to the Presidency as a “reasonable”, “moderate”, “non-Bush, military guy” alternative to the next Democratic Presidential candidate. He doesn’t think he’s risking the Presidency vis a vis this stand against Bush; he thinks he’s defining himself as a candidate for that very job.

These guys are going to be fucked and surprised when there’s success in Iraq and the public comes around to the Bush policies, just as they did to Reagan with his victory in the Cold War. Instead of hanging tough and sticking it out, following a vision, too many Republicans have run like little chickens for their political lives. But Americans aren’t stupid. Instinctively they know what the President is doing is right, and they sure ain’t about to hand over their security to the Democratic Party. So all these scurrying rats are going to get uncomfortably wet and indeed many will even drown, while the rest of us sail away on the ship of success.

And what the fuck is up with Colin Powell? Has this guy been smoking weed with Ralph Nader? And honestly, I’m not pissed because he’s attacking the President, I’m just astounded at the whimpering, idiotic, and Very Lefty language he used in that letter. I mean, seriously, it sounds like he’s left the Party, guys. He sure isn’t thinking like a Republican, a conservative, a neo-con, whatever label you want to throw on our team. He’s concerned mostly about what the rest of the world thinks about our moral direction, as opposed to just doing what’s right. He sounds like a typical lefty when he talks like that. It’s pathetic. We need to be concerned about taking the correct measures to protect our civilians, and to protect the world’s future, and not whether or not we’re pleasing hipster idiots in European cafes. Colin, you know damn and good well that we can’t stop terrorist attacks with the Geneva Conventions, so don’t try to bullshit me into believing we can. You’re a warrior, remember? You should know better than anybody that sometimes you just have to fight, no matter what the hue and cry around you, no matter what the political consequences. Your name is Colin not Oprah. Act like it.

The second story was a speech, never intended to be a part of World War Three, which became one. Yes, of course, I’m referring to the speech delivered by the Pope.

First of all, when you read the whole thing, it’s clear he doesn’t endorse what the guy he quotes says. In context, it’s clear he’s just using it as a jumping point to address the whole issue of Religious Conversion by Violence; ie, coerced conversion. He then goes on to say he’s opposed to that. What’s the big fuckin’ deal? If Islam doesn’t have a problem with conversion by violence, then Islam has a problem.

And most simultaneously hilarious and disturbing of all, was the Muslim world’s entirely hypocritical reaction to the speech, which also frighteningly underlines an ongoing hypocritical stance of many, and perhaps most, I don’t know, Muslim’s attitudes about religion. Which is: I can criticize your religion but you can’t criticize mine. Muslims immediately began burning churches, calling for violence against the Pope, Christians at large, Jews at large, all unbelievers at large, etc. War was literally invoked. Now let me get this straight. Muslims are upset because the Pope supposedly called them violent and that’s a horrible thing to say because of course: “We are not violent. That’s medieval stereotyping.” But then they respond to the Pope’s perceived slight with violence on an international scale. Go figure.

Just as they are criticizing the Pope for a single verbal “act of intolerance”, criticizing him for a few mere words, they take up the sword and go on a spree of intolerant violence, the very thing they were just saying one should never do. The say they are mad at the Pope for an intolerant act that should never occur, then display their commitment to this principle by committing far worse. Flagrant, disturbing, murderous hypocrisy. Just ask the dead nun in Somalia.

This game has been going on a long time. Muslims regularly, loudly, and publicly criticize other religions. There are huge movements in the Muslim community, huge, dedicated to teaching the world that Christianity is a Cannibal Cult. Christians are reduced to second class citizens in most Muslim societies. On a daily basis Imams blast out all manner of anit-Christian and anti-Jewish vitriol from Mosque loudspeakers. And Christians in those cities have to listen to them. That’s all cool. But one critical word about them, and that’s it. You’re just evil. With an unnecessary head atop your shoulders.

In addition, why is it that there was no similar outcry after 9-11? 3000 dead American civilians doesn’t’ rate the same indignity as a few words from the Pope? Why is there no similar outcry against the Jihad machine that slaughters innocent Muslims and Americans every day in Iraq and Afghanistan? Why no similar outcry at Syria and Iran for paying for all those murders? Why were the Pope’s words apparently a worse crime in Islam’s mind, based upon it’s reactions?

Muslims need to understand that we will not take their complaints seriously until they begin to take such sometimes murderous double standards seriously.

Like the old line goes: Where’s the outrage?

Where, indeed?

I guess it’s in vogue these days for it simply to be misplaced.

Alright, I’m back. And I’m going to try to keep this Goddamn daily blog, daily. I’ve been sidetracked by the surgeries and a million other things, you know, like editing the final cut, writing other things, etc.. I can only do so much.

Well, what a fucking weekend. It was all....I don’t know, whatever. We all just paid such a dear price for what those cowardly scumbags did that day - it just really hit home for me. And why is ABC using my camera and cutting style? That freaked me and some people around me out, but, it’s just a coincidence folks. They were shooting that way long before they could have seen my clips. But it’s an eerie coincidence.

I also liked how Bush spoke in his last paragraph about our future depending on “young americans” in service to their Nation. And how he spoke about Iraq turning into a terrorist “haven”, which is exactly what a 20 year old Marine named Corporal Brandon Westerman, aka “Lips” says in the clip “Can’t Bust a Nut”. And he said it a good while back, on the ground, having already been blown up, shot at and mortared several times. And he’s a registered Democrat. Which just goes to show you that some people can reach beyond partisan politics when their Nation is in a time of need. And also commit oneself to such agonizing but immeasurably importatnt service. Jesus Christ, people can actually see beyond themselves? And their political party? Yeah, I’m asking the same thing: How can that be. But it is. Every day.

Let’s not lose our clarity, folks: We are fighting the nations of Iran, Syria, North Korea and increasingly Venezuela, and the terrorist armies that front for them. We are fighting a God-aweful ideology and machine. We are fighting. It’s a fact we must accept.

Keep the focus. Keep the strength. To keep the peace.

Semper-Fi,

Pat Dollard

Forum List

Back