UN: "Hezbollah must stop this cowardly blending with women, children".

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Little-Acorn, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Little-Acorn

Little-Acorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,888
    You know the tide is turning when even the U.N., which normally supports Islamic terrorists over Israel at every opportunity, finally starts noticing that the terrorists themselves are responsible for the deaths of their own civilians.

----------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,205349,00.html

U.N. Chief Accuses Hezbollah of 'Cowardly Blending' Among Refugees

Monday, July 24, 2006

LARNACA, Cyprus — The U.N. humanitarian chief accused Hezbollah on Monday of "cowardly blending" among Lebanese civilians and causing the deaths of hundreds during two weeks of cross-border violence with Israel.

The militant group has built bunkers and tunnels near the Israeli border to shelter weapons and fighters, and its members easily blend in among civilians.

On Monday he had strong words for Hezbollah, which crossed into Israel and captured two Israeli soldiers on July 12, triggering fierce fighting from both sides.

"Consistently, from the Hezbollah heartland, my message was that Hezbollah must stop this cowardly blending ... among women and children," he said. "I heard they were proud because they lost very few fighters and that it was the civilians bearing the brunt of this. I don't think anyone should be proud of having many more children and women dead than armed men."

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Holy God........ Hell really is freezing over, and I thought I saw a pig flying this morning...:clap:

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Maybe they are realizing that if thier original "peacekeepers" in Lebanon had done thier jobs right, the Hizbullys would have not been there to start this wave of violence.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Oh well, now that the UN has spoken so forcefully I am sure the terrorists will change their tactics!

5. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    What's even funnier or sadder is I heard Kofi propose sending in more UN "Peacekeepers" into Southern Lebanon. Yes that should work:rotflmao: Just one more obstacle Israel needs to contend with...

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    He's scared to death that NATO will roll in and do it and leave the UN looking like the impotent limp-dicks that they really are !

7. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    What a tragedy that would be :rolleyes:

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I heard 4 UN 'Peacekeepers' were killed today in Lebanon. Considering the Israelis have been very 'on target' it demonstrates that once again, the UN troops are just watching Hizbollah do their thing.

What is the point? Now they are getting killed. Interestingly enough, earlier today, I heard a professor that writes 'an eye on the UN' or something like that; say that the idea of the UN in the area is not only inappropriate, it causes more problems than it solves.

Her point was they need armed and empowered soldiers to enforce the rules, once the rules are determined. She also made the point that any 'international' troops would be counterproductive, since they would split loyalties, with many lining up with terrorists or at the very least, against Israelis.

Then I heard the PM from Lebanon basically saying only the US has the power to keep the peace, after it makes it! :wtf: