Thanks Democrats...daughter will have to quit job to stay on insurance.

what a bunch of bull...

you didn't want health care reform... don't bitch. she wouldn't have ANYTHING but the garbage insurance her job gives her if it were up to you.

what? if shes full time student she would be on his work coverage, which he claims is really good, instead, the health care reform let his ins company weasel out of covering his daugther

If wingnuts didn't lie, they'd have nothing to say.
Ya' can't be THAT tough, on them.

They say what Porky Limbaugh & FAUX Noise TELLS them what to say.

It's NOT like these folks are doing any (actual) thinking.

:rolleyes:

Those who benefit from our current system oppose any form of reform; they benefit from the current system....
....And, THEIR kids have never had any problems covering the various-expenses of education!!!!

bushgirls1104.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhh....HERE'S the big-issue, for "conservatives"......​

"Somewhere between the Halloween candy and the Thansgiving turkey, many workers have something a lot less tasty to digest: It’s that fat packet of insurance information from their HR department.

This is the time of year when employees often have to make choices about their healthcare coverage for the following year. It’s called “open enrollment season,” but this year, it may feel more like open season on your wallet. With government-mandated changes that broaden health care coverage, the policies have gotten better (they typically will pay 100 percent of preventive care, for example), but they’ve gotten more expensive, too. The National Business Group on Health, a group representing large employers, estimates that premiums for company-paid plans will rise about 8.9 percent next year.

And that’s just the costs you can see. There are plenty of hidden costs and other traps in those plans too. Here’s how to avoid them. Hint: You’ll have to read that plan booklet, even if it is headache producing."

......"conservatives" will have to be (more) PROACTIVE, THIS-TIME-AROUND!!!!

They'll (actually) have to MAKE SOME CHOICES....rather-than their employer handing them everything...on a silver-platter!!!

That is impossible. Its all about profits, and getting rid of the luggage.

The profit margin for health insurers is 3-4%.

Is that excessive?

How much profit in the health care industry overall? Pharma, hospitals, medical device manufacturers, etc?
It is mainly not the insurance companies but the health care industry driving cost increases.

We pay $30 for a pill here that sells for $5 in another country and many of the pills are not even made here.
We import a large percentage of the ingredients or finished pharma products from China and india.

ahh that old what the market will bear. Well the market is being fleeced bare.

And here we go again with not understanding the hidden costs associated with feel good legislation. Why do you think that drug costs 30 bucks here and 5 over there? What do you think has driven the price up? The fact of the matter is that WE are subsidizing the worlds drug development because we have a market here that is willing to pay for it. PROFIT, that dirty word you hate so much, DRIVES innovation. Those cures that are developed are not cheap. Companies must make billion dollar investments to develop and test those drugs and they only do so because WE have a place to sell it. Take that place away and see innovation come to a crawl. You have no concept of the overall impact of what you are advocating. It may well seem like a good idea NOW but in the end it will cost our future. That is a problem that deserves FAR more focus than 'I want it NOW and I want it CHEAP.'

Welcome to serfdom, baby. Government tells you what health care you can have.

So, "Obamacare" is bad and what existed before was good?
What is the business of Insurance?
Think real hard Revere...what is their business?
Is it to provide healthcare? Or is it to make a profit.

Did abuses exist before healthcare reform was attempted?
Did the Republicans take on reform when they controlled the Congress?
Did Bush put reform of the healthcare system on his agenda?
Is there any effort by the R's to refine the healthcare system, or are we to expect a return to double digit price increases and the abuses which existed before "Obamacare".

Interesting. I would point out that we still have ABSOLUTELY ZERO HEALTH CARE REFORM. This is the scary part on the liberals. They continually push Obama care and how it is going to make these HUGE improvements and use RISING COSTS before Obama care to push their point home and conveniently ignore the fact that Obama care does NOTHING for costs. That is what burns me so damn much. It is not insurance that is going to bury this country in a mountain of debt that people cannot handle but rather healthcare costs themselves. The ONLY thing that Obama care did was ensure that those costs increase FASTER. That is the bottom line. Instead of actually addressing the core issue we went and forced the problem to occur faster. We need to take a break and actually do what Obama was advocating in the beginning; create reform that will REDUCE overall cost. The insurance is a small part of that.

The profit margin for health insurers is 3-4%.

Is that excessive?

How much profit in the health care industry overall? Pharma, hospitals, medical device manufacturers, etc?
It is mainly not the insurance companies but the health care industry driving cost increases.

We pay $30 for a pill here that sells for $5 in another country and many of the pills are not even made here.
We import a large percentage of the ingredients or finished pharma products from China and india.

ahh that old what the market will bear. Well the market is being fleeced bare.

And here we go again with not understanding the hidden costs associated with feel good legislation. Why do you think that drug costs 30 bucks here and 5 over there? What do you think has driven the price up? The fact of the matter is that WE are subsidizing the worlds drug development because we have a market here that is willing to pay for it. PROFIT, that dirty word you hate so much, DRIVES innovation. Those cures that are developed are not cheap. Companies must make billion dollar investments to develop and test those drugs and they only do so because WE have a place to sell it. Take that place away and see innovation come to a crawl. You have no concept of the overall impact of what you are advocating. It may well seem like a good idea NOW but in the end it will cost our future. That is a problem that deserves FAR more focus than 'I want it NOW and I want it CHEAP.'
Gee......is it possible those Big Pharmas might consider spending a little-less o' their hard-earned-ca$h on Lobbyi$t$ & Adverti$ing??!!!! :eusa_eh:

"One of the most problematic issues with Part D, Severance said, is the fact that legislators wrote into the rules that Medicare cannot negotiate with drug companies for lower prices. “Who ever heard of such a thing?” he said, noting that rule flies in the face of how the federal government negotiates lower prescription prices for the VA."

Welcome to serfdom, baby. Government tells you what health care you can have.

So, "Obamacare" is bad and what existed before was good?
What is the business of Insurance?
Think real hard Revere...what is their business?
Is it to provide healthcare? Or is it to make a profit.

Did abuses exist before healthcare reform was attempted?
Did the Republicans take on reform when they controlled the Congress?
Did Bush put reform of the healthcare system on his agenda?
Is there any effort by the R's to refine the healthcare system, or are we to expect a return to double digit price increases and the abuses which existed before "Obamacare".

Interesting. I would point out that we still have ABSOLUTELY ZERO HEALTH CARE REFORM. This is the scary part on the liberals. They continually push Obama care and how it is going to make these HUGE improvements and use RISING COSTS before Obama care to push their point home and conveniently ignore the fact that Obama care does NOTHING for costs. That is what burns me so damn much.
Maybe your burning-sensation would subside, moderately, if you were (actually) paying-attention.

:eusa_whistle:

Is this fraud thread still going? The mythical daughter and the tall tale of a warped mind on the internet.

The OP (Original Pussy) has long fled the scene in embarrassment, and now the thread has devolved into wingnuts ragging on HCR in general.

Actually asswipes, today is her last day.
She gave her notice Monday.

To add insult to injury...our insurance share went up by $96.51 a month.

Is this fraud thread still going? The mythical daughter and the tall tale of a warped mind on the internet.

I just got my health insurance plan for next year. It says...

Under the new law,children:

1. Do not have to live with the enrolled parent
2. Are covered under the enrolled parents Family enrollment even if they are eligible for or have their own employer-provided health insurance coverage.

Does the right wing ever stop lying about the healthcare plan???

you mean she cannot decline the insurance coverage by an employer?
I have declined employer insurance before.

Yes she can decline it, but his insurance company has raised its standards to cover kids because of the new law. They are now saying if she has ANY insurance available through her work, No matter how crappy, that they will not allow him to put her on his insurance.

At least that Is what I think he is saying.

2. Are covered under the enrolled parents Family enrollment even if they are eligible for or have their own employer-provided health insurance coverage.

Care to provide a Link or are we suppose to take you at your word. Seeing how you are an honest lefty as opposed to one of us lying Righties.

You do understand of course that each insurance company decides on their own what stipulations to put on covering kids right. Just because yours says they do not care if they can get insurance through works, does not means his does.

I guess it just makes you feel better to call him a liar than to acknowledge that fact.

Last edited:

One very important word in this post.
MY

As in "my insurance plan". Your insurance plan is not everyones plan.

you mean she cannot decline the insurance coverage by an employer?
I have declined employer insurance before.

Yes she can decline it, but his insurance company has raised its standards to cover kids because of the new law. They are now saying if she has ANY insurance available through her work, No matter how crappy, that they will not allow him to put her on his insurance.

At least that Is what I think he is saying.

That is exactly what I am saying.
They can legally do this until 2014.
I have talked to LOTS of people about this.
About 1/3 of plans are doing what mine is..

MY

Four very important words

Under the new law

It applies to everyone, not just those under my plan. Children under 26 have a choice of staying under their employers plan or going back to their parents plan

Why did you lie when you made up this thread? Is the the only way you have to bash Obamacare to spread lies?

MY

Under the new law

It applies to everyone, not just those under my plan. Children under 26 have a choice of staying under their employers plan or going back to their parents plan

Why did you lie when you made up this thread? Is the the only way you have to bash Obamacare to spread lies?

As shown in this thread at least 5 times....not until 2014.
From now till 2014 they can drop someone if other coverage is available.
What I am saying is literally all over the net.

MY

Under the new law

As shown in this thread at least 5 times....not until 2014.
From now till 2014 they can drop someone if other coverage is available.
What I am saying is literally all over the net.

link?

Forum List

Back