Thank you to those who fought for the right to choose!

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
I just want to thank you to those who fought for the right to choose! My wife and I are expecting our first child June 17th (its a BOY!). We're thankful that we have the right to choose life! Were it not for Roe v Wade and all those who have fought the anti-abortionists, we would not have that right.

What does abortion have to do with choosing to have a rug rat?

You could always choose to have a kid. that right was never denied you or anyone else.

You could always choose to have a kid. that right was never denied you or anyone else.

I was thanking them for giving us the ability to choose life after the pregancy began.

What?

You always had that ability even before Roe v Wade.

Roe v Wade established the right to purposely terminate a pregnancy.

Last edited:

I was thanking them for giving us the ability to choose life after the pregancy began.
Nobody gives anybody any rights, by the very pretext of how the words is used in terms of the American republic.

But how in line with stereotype of the typical lolberal to think that their rights come from gubmint. :lol:

Nobody gives anybody any rights, by the very pretext of how the words is used in terms of the American republic.

But how in line with stereotype of the typical lolberal to think that their rights come from gubmint. :lol:
I didn't say anyone gave us rights.

I just want to thank you to those who fought for the right to choose! My wife and I are expecting our first child June 17th (its a BOY!). We're thankful that we have the right to choose life! Were it not for Roe v Wade and all those who have fought the anti-abortionists, we would not have that right.

Guess what? Before Roe v. Wade you could choose to use or not use birth control!

So thank science, not government, dumbass.

It's implied in your OP.

The right to have a child is inherent in your humanity....No politician, bureaucrat or judge gave that to you.

I guess some folks are too thick and can't quite figure out how a condem works...

I would have thought it was condem sense...

Exactly... what they want is the right to behave like children and then have a quick fix available once they sober up.

When is the last time you ever heard a lib talking about his responsibilities?

The only logical starting point for when human life (or any life for that matter) begins is at the moment of conception -when one lucky sperm out of thousands gets to fertilize the egg.

That is when life begins. A no brainer.

If you don't buy that -then you have to make up some arbitrary starting point - like 3 weeks, 6 months, or when the baby is actually born.

Last edited:

It's implied in your OP.

To you maybe but that's not what I said. If saying that someone "fought for the right" means I think government gives us rights then it also means everyone who thanks a solider for 'fighting for their rights' thinks the same thing.

The right to have a child is inherent in your humanity....No politician, bureaucrat or judge gave that to you.
The right to CHOOSE to continue a pregnancy is something government decide to protect or not to protect.

Well. Thank you!

Of course had I known what was going to happen to what I was fighting for, I certainly would not have done it. You imagine that if Roe had not become law that anti abortioninsts would have done, what exactly? Forced you to have an abortion???? Is that want anti abortionists were fighting for???

News to me. I never thought that forced abortions was what the right to lifers were after.

What?

You always had that ability even before Roe v Wade.

Roe v Wade established the right to purposely terminate a pregnancy.

I think that the point is that by declaring the events in the womb to be public concerns, we open the door for the state to go either way. (ie if they override the mother's will and force her to carry a fetus to term, they could also force her to terminate.) Best to keep the state out of our bodies entirely.

News to me. I never thought that forced abortions was what the right to lifers were after.

Of course not. But precedent has a nasty habit of cutting both ways. We often get more than we bargain for.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back