Thank you to those who fought for the right to choose!

I just want to thank you to those who fought for the right to choose! My wife and I are expecting our first child June 17th (its a BOY!). We're thankful that we have the right to choose life! Were it not for Roe v Wade and all those who have fought the anti-abortionists, we would not have that right.

First, Congratulations.

Seconds, That post was the dumbest thing I've heard all day. And Ive been talking to uneducated criminals all morning.

The only logical starting point for when human life (or any life for that matter) begins is at the moment of conception -when one lucky sperm out of thousands gets to fertilize the egg.

That is when life begins. A no brainer.

If you don't buy that -then you have to make up some arbitrary starting point - like 3 weeks, 6 months, or when the baby is actually born.

Historically, the legal system recognized the quickening as the moment when killing a fetus crossed over from a misdemeanor to a felony.

BTW shouldnt we all be grateful that all our ancestors found a way to choose to have children for thousands of years before Roe v. Wade was ever even concieved? (No pun intended)

Oopah. Congratulations on the great news.
May your child grow up to be a gun toting fundamentalist Christian venture capitalist Republican.

As long as he uses that gun to kill american heros fighting for peace and equal rights, right Rabbi?

I just want to thank you to those who fought for the right to choose! My wife and I are expecting our first child June 17th (its a BOY!). We're thankful that we have the right to choose life! Were it not for Roe v Wade and all those who have fought the anti-abortionists, we would not have that right.

Are you saying you would have aborted the child if it was a girl? That is the only context in which your statement makes sense.

Is a sperm not alive?

And? What does that have to do with whether or not government has the right to usurp a woman's sovereignty over he own uterus?

Maybe governments should also regulate a woman's diet while she is pregnant? Why not, its an innocent human life inside and if a woman doesn't provide herself proper nutrition it can be detrimental to the health of the fetus. If a child that is already bornt is not being provided proper nourishment by its parents, it can be taken from the parents and cared for as a ward of thes state, can it not? You can't serisouly tell me sensible government wouldn't want to protect helpless fetuses from malnutrition. Its the only logical thing to do!

Well, then perhaps said woman should exercise a little sovereignty like keeping her legs closed, take the pill or insist that horndog wear a condom.

Yeah what's the deal with all these women? They just spread their legs and become pregnant! How does that happen?

Any woman who spreads her legs should no longer have the right to her own body.

Sperm doesn't fall from the sky and magically impregnate women... it's a pretty deliberate and identifiable process.
Uhh, yes they do! When a woman spreads her legs she gets pregnant. Its all her fault. Dumb bitch. Did she seriously think she would have rights after spreading her legs?

You've yet to address her responsibility to not get pregnant if she isn't prepared to deal with a child... it is afterall, 100% avoidable.

What's the opposite of life? Death. RvW gave you the right to choose death for the unborn. Your above statement is idiotic. Congrats on the babby . . why didn't you wait until he popped out to find out if your were having a boy or girl? So few surprises in life, that one is worth waiting for.

Is a sperm not alive?
That is when life begins. A no brainer.

And? What does that have to do with whether or not government has the right to usurp a woman's sovereignty over he own uterus?

Maybe governments should also regulate a woman's diet while she is pregnant? Why not, its an innocent human life inside and if a woman doesn't provide herself proper nutrition it can be detrimental to the health of the fetus. If a child that is already bornt is not being provided proper nourishment by its parents, it can be taken from the parents and cared for as a ward of thes state, can it not? You can't serisouly tell me sensible government wouldn't want to protect helpless fetuses from malnutrition. Its the only logical thing to do!

And? Sperm isn't a human being, neither is egg. They have to have that special dance in order to create a new life and when fertilization takes place? That's the very beginning of a brand new, unique human being. True story.

Usurp a woman's sovereignty over her own uterus? wtf? The government's job is to protect those who live here, including the unborn. Once again, gov't fails.

What part of a woman is no longer there after an abortion?

Neither the sperm or the egg is a life by themselves.

It is when they do "that special dance" that life begins.

What's the opposite of life? Death. RvW gave you the right to choose death for the unborn. Your above statement is idiotic. Congrats on the babby . . why didn't you wait until he popped out to find out if your were having a boy or girl? So few surprises in life, that one is worth waiting for.

Is a sperm not alive?

And? Sperm isn't a human being, neither is egg. They have to have that special dance in order to create a new life and when fertilization takes place? That's the very beginning of a brand new, unique human being. True story.

Usurp a woman's sovereignty over her own uterus? wtf? The government's job is to protect those who live here, including the unborn. Once again, gov't fails.

Thank you Mr. Echo.

This is the liberal mindset. The right for women to have abortions is the reason you are able to have a child. :lol::lol:

Liberals are complete and utter morons.

In a liberal world we can't have Happy Meal Toys, Venti Starbucks coffee, salt-- but a woman can kill a baby 7 months into pregnancy, and because she can it means that somehow it allowed this idiot to procreate.

Because if abortion was illegal this mental midget wouldn't have been able to have a child. :eusa_eh:

This is the mentality and logic of the left; they are completely delusional.

Also, I'm calling bullshit that a woman agreed to have sex with you.

Also, I'm calling bullshit that a woman agreed to have sex with you.

I can believe that one.

Thank you Mr. Echo.

Right To Choosers get embarrassed when you break down the Xs and Os of conception.

Congratulations to you and your wife. I sincerely hope your child is healthy and lives a long happy life.

Now all we have to do is make sure your wife keeps the right to control her own reproduction

She has that right and always will. Let's just hope she exercises that right to use birth control and has the brains to take it when she does not want a kid and is planning on having sex.

I know this may come as an incredible newsflash to you, but you don't need the government to keep from getting pregnant.

You may want to sit down and absorb that for a while.

Right To Choosers get embarrassed when you break down the Xs and Os of conception.

Mom and dad never had the birds and bees conversation with them. They got all their reproduction information from the government.

That's how we get OPs like the one in this thread.

"What? You mean before Roe v. Wade we could not have a baby?"

Any human life ended willfully after conception ie fertization is by definition first degree murder.

That used to get the electric chair or the gas chamber back in the good old days.

Forum List

Back