Thank you, Mr. Buffett

TheParser

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2017
I hope that this is the appropriate forum for this kind of tidbit.

I wanted to give a shoutout (shout out/ shout-out) to Warren Buffett.

Mr. Buffett is still continuing to support a company that offers the World Book encyclopedia in print form.

It costs $999.

I feel that young people should have the experience of holding a book/newspaper in their hands.

(The famous Encyclopedia Britannica is now only online.)

Source: Bloomberg Businessweek, (print edition) December 4, 2017.

I hope that this is the appropriate forum for this kind of tidbit.

I wanted to give a shoutout (shout out/ shout-out) to Warren Buffett.

Mr. Buffett is still continuing to support a company that offers the World Book encyclopedia in print form.

It costs $999.

I feel that young people should have the experience of holding a book/newspaper in their hands.

(The famous Encyclopedia Britannica is now only online.)

Source: Bloomberg Businessweek, (print edition) December 4, 2017.
I agree with you, yet I realize that there are billions of ways to obtain that experience without ever holding a printed volume of an encyclopedia.

I learned a lot reading the World Book Encyoclopedia that my parents bought for my brother and me. It was the 1973 edition.

I learned a lot reading the World Book Encyoclopedia that my parents bought for my brother and me. It was the 1973 edition.
There's no question that one can learn much by reading an encyclopedia. On the other hand, one can a lot more by reading other things, most notably upon reaching adulthood, scholarly journals and collegiate and graduate school texts. After all, about 70% of the content in an encyclopedia is nothing other than what one is taught in the course of K-12 schooling.

Forum List

Back