Thank you John McCain

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
for giving quite possibly the worst convention speech ever. Thank you for basically begging for the Presidency while Barack actually looked Presidential.

Also, look at these 2 ticket's educational background:

MCain - Annapolis, graduated 894 out of 899 - B.S
Palin - The University of Idaho - B.S (I didn't even know there was one) and took her 6 years to get it

Obama - B.A Columbia, law degree from Harvard, first black law editor Harvard Law Review, graduated Summa Cum Laude
Biden - double major Univ. of Delaware, J.D Syracuse Law school

I'm sure that some of the right will try and act as if this doesn't matter but I'm sure if they had a choice to where they are gonna send their kids this wouldn't even be a topic. Can we please elect from the TOP of the barrel, not from the bottom where we got our current President

for giving quite possibly the worst convention speech ever. Thank you for basically begging for the Presidency while Barack actually looked Presidential.

Palin - The University of Idaho - B.S (I didn't even know there was one) and took her 6 years to get it

Obama - B.A Columbia, law degree from Harvard, first black law editor Harvard Law Review, graduated Summa Cum Laude

I'm sure that some of the right will try and act as if this doesn't matter but I'm sure if they had a choice to where they are gonna send their kids this wouldn't even be a topic. Can we please elect from the TOP of the barrel, not from the bottom where we got our current President

Let's take a look at what good the educational background of former presidents has done for. Are you one of those degree worshippers ? Btw do you think the country needs uniting or is it helpful for political parties to fight like 4th graders ?

Let's take a look at what good the educational background of former presidents has done for. Are you one of those degree worshippers ? Btw do you think the country needs uniting or is it helpful for political parties to fight like 4th graders ?

Well, obviously the Yale degree did nothing for Bush but I think we ALL should want our President's coming from higher education.

Actually, you're right, I want my President's coming from vocational school, that's a good idea. And no, I'm not a degree worshipper, but I don't know where(or even if you did) you went to school, but I'm very proud of my Graduate degree from the University of Florida which is the 12th best Public school in the country and where Gatorade was invented. Go Gators!!!

Better than being anti-education and anti-science like the loonies on the right who pretend that creationism is science.

dillo, I don't disagree with you on the need to unite this country BUT until the cons start acting as if they ALSO feel it's important we'll just look like idiot pussies if we roll over and play nice.

Their education IMO is important and then it isn't important.

I don't necessarily believe that a degree makes you smarter or better equiped to do a job (well brain surgery maybe) but IMO it does show a certain dedication and desire to better one's self as much as possible.

It gives me pause for a second when I think about McCain graduating 5th from the bottom of his class out of almost 900 students. That takes underachievement to a new and profound level IMO.

it gives me pause that Palin studied communications in college and seemingly wanted to be a journalist. She has no educational background and seems to have shown no desire to learn about the politics of the world.

Barack majored in political science with a specialty in international relations at Columbia and he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard. That's impressive to me and to know he did it on student loans and part time jobs makes it even more impressive IMO. Add in the fact that Obama was a civil rights attorney and a constitutional law professor and I'd say he stacks up way above all of the other three on the tickets. He just seems like an exceptionally intelligent person and also he puts that intelligence to good use fighting for the rights of others and/or teaching about the importance of our constitution.

Biden has the educational back ground also of two degrees which shows dedication and desire.

I thought his speech made one excellent point with his "Change is on the Way" talking point. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Obama as the change that is on the way.

Good campaigning for the other side, McCain.

:lol:

I dunno about you douchebag but most of my education came outside of school. I'll take McCain/ Palin's experience over Bama/ Obiden any day.

I thought his speech made one excellent point with his "Change is on the Way" talking point. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Obama as the change that is on the way.

I dunno about you douchebag but most of my education came outside of school. I'll take McCain/ Palin's experience over Bama/ Obiden any day.

Learning how to put on lipstick and makeup through trial and error is not really considered an education. Try again.

One cannot learn how to suck at the teat of the government in college.

One must apprentice under the likes of Stevens or Abramoff (who was sentenced to hard time yesterday I think) to really understand how Washington works.

I think the McCain/Palin ticket is the ideal ticket to vote for if you LIKE what's been happening in Washington for the last decade or so.

So McCain's speech doesn't much matter.

Good speaker or bad, he knows how things work, and his apprentice in waiting, Palin, has a proven record of understanding what rocks to turn over to find allies, too.

dillo, I don't disagree with you on the need to unite this country BUT until the cons start acting as if they ALSO feel it's important we'll just look like idiot pussies if we roll over and play nice.

Their education IMO is important and then it isn't important.

I don't necessarily believe that a degree makes you smarter or better equiped to do a job (well brain surgery maybe) but IMO it does show a certain dedication and desire to better one's self as much as possible.

It gives me pause for a second when I think about McCain graduating 5th from the bottom of his class out of almost 900 students. That takes underachievement to a new and profound level IMO.

it gives me pause that Palin studied communications in college and seemingly wanted to be a journalist. She has no educational background and seems to have shown no desire to learn about the politics of the world.

Barack majored in political science with a specialty in international relations at Columbia and he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard. That's impressive to me and to know he did it on student loans and part time jobs makes it even more impressive IMO. Add in the fact that Obama was a civil rights attorney and a constitutional law professor and I'd say he stacks up way above all of the other three on the tickets. He just seems like an exceptionally intelligent person and also he puts that intelligence to good use fighting for the rights of others and/or teaching about the importance of our constitution.

Biden has the educational back ground also of two degrees which shows dedication and desire.

look--the cons get accused of using devisive politics and being hateful. The TRUTH is that both parties use divisive politics and say hateful things. Knowledge can be used for good or evil. I'm more concerned about a persons intent than what's hanging on the wall. I KNOW how little so many did to deserve that sheepskin.

look--the cons get accused of using devisive politics and being hateful. The TRUTH is that both parties use divisive politics and say hateful things. Knowledge can be used for good or evil. I'm more concerned about a persons intent than what's hanging on the wall. I KNOW how little so many did to deserve that sheepskin.

Really? Ever been to Law School? Any idea of how hard it is to get on Law Review or graduate at the top of your class?

Hell its hard to get onto Law Review even at a shitty law school like Hofstra.

Really? Ever been to Law School? Any idea of how hard it is to get on Law Review or graduate at the top of your class?

Hell its hard to get onto Law Review even at a shitty law school like Hofstra.

I don't give a shit how hard someone works to get a degree---or how many times they suck up to the powers that be to get it. Send some of those PHDs out to a damn farm, ranch, factory etc. and they will be useless. If they use their education in way that harms instead of helps, fuck em. Nothing worse than people who use their brains for evil purposes.
Assuming that people who don't have a degree are ignorant hicks is the height or arrogance and elitism.

One must apprentice under the likes of Stevens or Abramoff (who was sentenced to hard time yesterday I think) to really understand how Washington works.

I think the McCain/Palin ticket is the ideal ticket to vote for if you LIKE what's been happening in Washington for the last decade or so....

Wow gotta love the logic here. Too bad you didn't know that Palin fought corruption big time, and Obama was part of the corrupt Chicago Political Machine.

:rofl: just get georgie outta there, puhleeeease! ;)

Wow gotta love the logic here. Too bad you didn't know that Palin fought corruption big time, and Obama was part of the corrupt Chicago Political Machine.

If by " fought corruption big time" you mean she jumped into it with both feet and wallowed in it with some of Americans most notorious K-Street sleazeballs, then I quite agree.

Forum List

Back