Thank you John McCain

Discussion in 'Congress' started by bigdaddygtr, Sep 5, 2008.

1. bigdaddygtr

bigdaddygtr Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    for giving quite possibly the worst convention speech ever. Thank you for basically begging for the Presidency while Barack actually looked Presidential.

Also, look at these 2 ticket's educational background:

MCain - Annapolis, graduated 894 out of 899 - B.S
    Palin - The University of Idaho - B.S (I didn't even know there was one) and took her 6 years to get it

Obama - B.A Columbia, law degree from Harvard, first black law editor Harvard Law Review, graduated Summa Cum Laude
    Biden - double major Univ. of Delaware, J.D Syracuse Law school

I'm sure that some of the right will try and act as if this doesn't matter but I'm sure if they had a choice to where they are gonna send their kids this wouldn't even be a topic. Can we please elect from the TOP of the barrel, not from the bottom where we got our current President

2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Let's take a look at what good the educational background of former presidents has done for. Are you one of those degree worshippers ? Btw do you think the country needs uniting or is it helpful for political parties to fight like 4th graders ?

3. bigdaddygtr

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Well, obviously the Yale degree did nothing for Bush but I think we ALL should want our President's coming from higher education.

Actually, you're right, I want my President's coming from vocational school, that's a good idea. And no, I'm not a degree worshipper, but I don't know where(or even if you did) you went to school, but I'm very proud of my Graduate degree from the University of Florida which is the 12th best Public school in the country and where Gatorade was invented. Go Gators!!!

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,434
    Better than being anti-education and anti-science like the loonies on the right who pretend that creationism is science.

5. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    dillo, I don't disagree with you on the need to unite this country BUT until the cons start acting as if they ALSO feel it's important we'll just look like idiot pussies if we roll over and play nice.

Their education IMO is important and then it isn't important.

I don't necessarily believe that a degree makes you smarter or better equiped to do a job (well brain surgery maybe) but IMO it does show a certain dedication and desire to better one's self as much as possible.

It gives me pause for a second when I think about McCain graduating 5th from the bottom of his class out of almost 900 students. That takes underachievement to a new and profound level IMO.

it gives me pause that Palin studied communications in college and seemingly wanted to be a journalist. She has no educational background and seems to have shown no desire to learn about the politics of the world.

Barack majored in political science with a specialty in international relations at Columbia and he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard. That's impressive to me and to know he did it on student loans and part time jobs makes it even more impressive IMO. Add in the fact that Obama was a civil rights attorney and a constitutional law professor and I'd say he stacks up way above all of the other three on the tickets. He just seems like an exceptionally intelligent person and also he puts that intelligence to good use fighting for the rights of others and/or teaching about the importance of our constitution.

Biden has the educational back ground also of two degrees which shows dedication and desire.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,855
    I thought his speech made one excellent point with his "Change is on the Way" talking point. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Obama as the change that is on the way.

Good campaigning for the other side, McCain.

:lol:

7. glockmail

glockmail BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    I dunno about you douchebag but most of my education came outside of school. I'll take McCain/ Palin's experience over Bama/ Obiden any day.

8. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194

:lol:

9. bigdaddygtr

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +72
    You really don't need tell us you didn't go to college:lol: