Thank God the election is over

He will be found guilty and should receive the death penalty, but he will probably get a prison term. Prosecution did a profound job on their summary; hopefully, that will tilt the jury's verdict to guilty as charged.

wolvie20m said:
no way 50 says he walks on lack of evedince or hung jury.

I thought the same thing, except when I heard some of the Prosecution's closing arguments, he was fantastic, he connected every dot and presented a very clear case. Plus I think jurors have a disdain for Ptereson which is not supposed to taint their thinking but human nature says it will. I think he gets convicted but does not fry, life in prison no parole. Just a hunch!!

I think he gets convicted but does not fry, life in prison no parole.

**sigh**

If you're found guilty of murder, you automatically become a needless burden on society, and at that point should automatically fry. Tax money could be used for more productive things.

Shattered said:
**sigh**

If you're found guilty of murder, you automatically become a needless burden on society, and at that point should automatically fry. Tax money could be used for more productive things.

I agree he should fry, because I beleive he is guilty. But I think the jury unless 100% convinced of the largely circumstantial evidence against him will quell any guilt pangs they have by not letting him off the hook but not killing him either........I could be wrong. They may send him to the chamber?

You know, I sarted this thread to poke fun at the media and the way they obsess on one case such as this to the exlcusion of a lot of other real news. And guess what happens? It turns the board into a gaggle of Grettas. :gives:

The Democrats are right, there is no hope for this country's future. :piss2:

Bonnie said:
I agree he should fry, because I beleive he is guilty. But I think the jury unless 100% convinced of the largely circumstantial evidence against him will quell any guilt pangs they have by not letting him off the hook but not killing him either........I could be wrong. They may send him to the chamber?

Hardly anyone ends up getting nixed anymore. Somewhere, some moron probably still believes they can be an asset to something. If someone gets life in prison (for any reason), without the chance for parole, really, what is the point in supporting them?

Shattered said:
If someone gets life in prison (for any reason), without the chance for parole, really, what is the point in supporting them?
i think that life without a parole is better in case the person was wrongly convicted, i for one don't have enough faith in Any countries legal system to make any convictions a matter of life and death...like come on, did you not see shawshank??
the point is they might be innocent, and even if the chance of that is less than one %, its a chance we as resonable citizens can't afford to take.

Redz said:
...like come on, did you not see shawshank??
the point is they might be innocent, and even if the chance of that is less than one %, its a chance we as resonable citizens can't afford to take.

Great movie, and I'll let you in on a little secret....it was all make believe, Tim Robbins was pretending to be someone else, and Red was just a character, too! I have to admit, I kinda got choked up when Brooks hung himself, because he was an "institutional man," and could not adjust to the real world (ok it was a fake, real world.....)

Whomever killed that beautiful woman, Laci, and that child will reap what they sow, and if the slug Peterson did it, he will get his just reward in the end, no matter the outcome of the jurys' deliberation.

Life without parole is free food, free entertainment, free room and board... Kind of wasteful, dontcha think? It's not like they're contributing anything positive to life as we know it...

Oh, and since you asked.. Yes, I saw Shawshank Redemption.. I even bought it.. It was a great MOVIE.

Twood be a good idea to auction off the chance to get to 'throw the lever' for murders such as Scott Peterson - IF he's guilty. Say, start the bidding at $1,000 - proceeds go towards paying the $40k? a year it costs to keep inmates pacified?

Shattered said:
Life without parole is free food, free entertainment, free room and board... Kind of wasteful, dontcha think? It's not like they're contributing anything positive to life as we know it...

Oh, and since you asked.. Yes, I saw Shawshank Redemption.. I even bought it.. It was a great MOVIE.
yes all free stuff, but in jail, which if Oz is even remotely factual is hell on earth, anyways you have them work in there as many places do, i know they would still cost more to keep than they earn, but its astart.
anyways they could still be innocent, even if proven guilty, and we all know that miscarriges of justice don't just happen in the movies!!

Redz said:
yes all free stuff, but in jail, which if Oz is even remotely factual is hell on earth, anyways you have them work in there as many places do, i know they would still cost more to keep than they earn, but its astart.
anyways they could still be innocent, even if proven guilty, and we all know that miscarriges of justice don't just happen in the movies!!

You do realize that the "jobs" that they're given to do could be given to other people that NEED jobs, correct?

Fmr jarhead said:
I kinda got choked up when Brooks hung himself, because he was an "institutional man," and could not adjust to the real world (ok it was a fake, real world.....)
me too!!
maybe theres abit of liberal softie in us all!!!
:rock:

Shattered said:
You do realize that the "jobs" that they're given to do could be given to other people that NEED jobs, correct?
yep, tho they are usually shitty jobs, like making number plates, sewing mail bags, breaking rock etc..nobody but iillegal immigrants wants theses jobs, anyways machines could do those jobs!
my point still stands tho, those convicted could still be innocent, its happened before and will happen again!

:mm:

It's cheaper to keep him in prison for life than to fry him----life without parole ain't no picnic. He can be some one's bitch

Forum List

Back