Text of the State of the Union Address

Yes, of course he writes his own stuff - he is a liberal and by default he is simply brilliant, and yes, even magical!! He is roses, lilies, and daffodils , mixed with rainbows, baby tears, and unicorns, floating on a wonderfully lush and opulent magical carpet, gently wafting over elysian fields dusted with fairy dust, where a snow white baby lamb is lying down with a roaring lion who is giving birth to a new baby ... a baby of hope, and change.

Yes, he is brilliant and all republicans who ever existed are vapid, dull, halfwits who can barely read or write. We are truly blessed to have such a gift as Obama. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

you know, you have to give people their due. you don't get to be president of harvard law review without knowing how to write.

so don't be bitter. you could pick smart people to be your candidates, too.

You don't get an MBA from Harvard without being smart either..

Yeah......

MBA from Harvard, Fighter Pilot (where you have to have the reflexes of a Tiger during the hunt), life on the line for the service of our Beloved Country
, Governor of Texas.........and PRESIDENT of the United States of America !!!!

BTW, Slick Willy ran to Canada, then England....then to Moscow, Russia. Where Our Hero marched in an Anti-Vietnam Parade, while our brothers and sisters (one of whom took his place), were getting wounded and dying there in the service for our country.

Last edited:
Yes, of course he writes his own stuff - he is a liberal and by default he is simply brilliant, and yes, even magical!! He is roses, lilies, and daffodils , mixed with rainbows, baby tears, and unicorns, floating on a wonderfully lush and opulent magical carpet, gently wafting over elysian fields dusted with fairy dust, where a snow white baby lamb is lying down with a roaring lion who is giving birth to a new baby ... a baby of hope, and change.

Yes, he is brilliant and all republicans who ever existed are vapid, dull, halfwits who can barely read or write. We are truly blessed to have such a gift as Obama. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

you know, you have to give people their due. you don't get to be president of harvard law review without knowing how to write.

Uhm......he doesn't write his own speeches.

No President does.

And he didn't write the SOTU:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Favreau_(speechwriter)

He has a whole team, but evidently this one was written by "the Kid."

I didn't watch the speech, but I read it. It was a good speech.

I can't wait for the train from Selma, Alabama to Tunica, Mississippi.

No President does.

i didn't say he wrote it. if it sounded like i did, apologies.

he writes a LOT of his own stuff. as did clinton. that doesn't mean they don't have speechwriters. :)

we agree it was a good speech. that's twice in one week we agree.

i'm getting scared. :eek:

No President does.

he writes a LOT of his own stuff. as did clinton. that doesn't mean they don't have speechwriters. :)

I couldn't listen, but he is a great speaker, so I'm sure he delivered it well.

That said, a lot of what he talked about was just campaigning and will likely never happen. I can't wait to see the vote on the spending freeze. That one is going to put nails in a LOT of political coffins!

The same Dem songs we've heard countless times.

Innovation and education is the key to a better future.

(No, amigo...it's not. That emphasis just structures the economy to be even more economically lopsided than it already is)

TRADE AGREEMENTS support X jobs (while not mentioning how many jobs they cost. typical)

We're going to rebuild out infastructure...(and you guys are going to pay for it?).

We are not going to change this society with happy horseshit techology will save us all bromides, O.

It is precisely that hackneyed thinking that got us into this mess in the first place.

Why is it Zander just can't accept the fact that Obama likely got better than decent grades in college? Not like it matters much anyway about his Presidency today.

He was probably raised to believe that people with darker skin can't get good grades of their own volition and need the paternalistic helping hand of master (I mean white mentor).

I should hope that attitudes like that are becoming a rarity. Based on the plethora of accusations that Obama had shitty grades, I think those attitudes are still very prevalent in some circles.
Not bad - we actually went 5 pages into the thread about Obama before somebody (usually on the left) played the race card! Woohoo, I think that is a record here....

Read what I wrote Einstein - I never said that Obama had shitty grades - I said that since he has not released his records that we have no proof of his grades. If that makes me a racist so be it. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

No President does.

It did read like you were saying he wrote the speech himself. To be honest, I don't really care who wrote it... other than the guy who did deserves a bit of credit rather than denying his work. I feel sorry for writers sometimes (mainly because I'm one of them) because their work gets credited to other people. Harsh!

Despite the total bullshit that was in it, I too thought it was a good speech, and it was very well delivered - except when the 'jokes' fell flat... that was a tad embarrassing for him.

But... I do have an issue about what he said about these mythical 'high speed' trains.... that we won't have to suffer 'pat downs' for..... He really should realize that those trains would be a great terrorist target. (I apologize for the 'hate speech' there.... I can't think of another word to replace 'target'.... :lol::lol:)

Why is it Zander just can't accept the fact that Obama likely got better than decent grades in college? Not like it matters much anyway about his Presidency today.

Well, since the left keep insisting he's the 'smartest POTUS' we've ever had.... some of us would like to see some actual evidence to back that up. The only evidence we have is from his Occidental days.... and that's his PolSci degree, which he couldn't have done better than average.... and that doesn't bode well for the rest of his academic career. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back