Text of the State of the Union Address

he does a lot of his own writing.

today's RCP average approval rating 51.0%
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

He uses a speech writer. He tweeks the text. They all do. They don't have time to write their own speeches.

The SOTU is also such a monstrosity of a speech too - every department and interest group has their own demands for what should be in the speech. Hense the reason why, as a speech, it usually sucks.

my favorite SOTU story is how clinton went off speech for 20 minutes and talked extemporaneously.

i doubt anyone but clinton could have done that.

great, can I have an example please?

You mean issues of the Harvard Law Review from when Obama was President?

Obama was President of Volume 104.
There's available here. Feel free to purchase as many as you like.
https://www.wshein.com/catalog/103070

wow, could you narrow that down? and how do I know what article he authored? the search feature accepts a title, not an author....

You could also go to the nearest large research library, which would probably be cheaper.

Since the Review is not published online, I'd have no way of showing which articles were written by him, but I do know that EVERY article printed in the Review passes over the desk of the President for final editing before it's printed.

you know, you have to give people their due. you don't get to be president of harvard law review without knowing how to write.

great, can I have an example please?

I just purchased one set.

That will be some guud readin'!!!

Its a good speech, and he'll probably deliver it well.

A few things in there that are "sticky" but not the usual "I'm the man, you don't matter" stuff he threw at us the first two years.

He's got a new writer, that's for sure.

And he may have gotten the message, but I believe it is too late.

You would, but you are an irrelevant little troll.

He uses a speech writer. He tweeks the text. They all do. They don't have time to write their own speeches.

The SOTU is also such a monstrosity of a speech too - every department and interest group has their own demands for what should be in the speech. Hense the reason why, as a speech, it usually sucks.

my favorite SOTU story is how clinton went off speech for 20 minutes and talked extemporaneously.

I agree.

Clinton was the best speaker out of the Presidents of my lifetime.

I agree.

Clinton was the best speaker out of the Presidents of my lifetime.

i'd agree with that.

wow, could you narrow that down? and how do I know what article he authored? the search feature accepts a title, not an author....

to be on law review, you have to be top 10% of your law school class. to be top 10% of your law school class, you have to know how to write.

it's not that complicated.

so asking for an example is....?what, not allowed? I am surprised there aren't any out there...well, not anymore. so he did no writing.Or that is any that was published....

One thing Obama did not do while with the review was publish any of his own work. Campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said Obama didn't write any articles for the Review, though his two semesters at the helm did produce a wide range of edited case analyses and unsigned “notes” from Harvard students......

Obama kept Law Review balanced - Jeffrey Ressner and Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

You could also go to the nearest large research library, which would probably be cheaper.

Since the Review is not published online, I'd have no way of showing which articles were written by him, but I do know that EVERY article printed in the Review passes over the desk of the President for final editing before it's printed.

you haven't lived until you've done a C&S on a law review note. (not)...

he didn't write any articles for the review...and see my response to Jillian......

here-

http://images.politico.com/global/080621_law_review_final.jpg

Last edited:

he didn't write any articles for the review...and see my response to Jillian......

here-

Well, if you want to read work he's edited, that's where you'd find it.

I was responding due to the fact that a lot of people seem to think that Obama has had his Law Review years "sealed". If that's in fact not what you were implying, I apologize.

here-

I was responding due to the fact that a lot of people seem to think that Obama has had his Law Review years "sealed". If that's in fact not what you were implying, I apologize.

edited is not writing in the context we look for it here, were does it start and end, what did he edit and how much of it..etc etc......No I never said they were sealed but I was surprised as to why we never saw any, Hillarys thesis saw the light of day....he didn't write any articles and if you read the article I posted, I was not the only one who expressed skepticism as to 'reporters looking for articles'.....in any event its a moot point. How do we know what ..do we know his grades from his Harvard years? .*shrugs*

Oh

here-

edited is not writing in the context we look for it here, were does it start and end, what did he edit and how much of it..etc etc......No I never said they were sealed but I was surprised as to why we never saw any, Hillarys thesis saw the light of day....he didn't write any articles and if you read the article I posted, I was not the only one who expressed skepticism as to 'reporters looking for articles'.....in any event its a moot point. How do we know what ..do we know his grades from his Harvard years? .*shrugs*

Oh

one more time with feeling ...

We KNOW he was top 10% of his harvard class or he wouldn't have been on law review.
:evil:

here-

When he edits these articles, isn't he essentially spell checking and correcting grammar?

here-

When he edits these articles, isn't he essentially spell checking and correcting grammar?

that's part of it. they also check cites and substance to make sure that the notes properly quote and describe the contents of the cases being reviewed.

Oh

We KNOW he was top 10% of his harvard class or he wouldn't have been on law review.

Not to be picky..but..... Not neccessarily. Harvard has affirmative action and there are always exceptions and special situations. He may have been granted an exception? Since he did not release his transcripts we really don't know. He might have been in the top 10% of his class - he probably was! but you cannot know with legal certitude unless you have reviewed his transcripts.

Oh

Not to be picky..but..... Not neccessarily. Harvard has affirmative action and there are always exceptions and special situations. He may have been granted an exception? Since he did not release his transcripts we really don't know. He might have been in the top 10% of his class - he probably was! but you cannot know with legal certitude unless you have reviewed his transcripts.

NOT ON LAW REVIEW!

THERE IS NO AFFIRMATIVE ACTION ON HARVARD LAW REVIEW!

YOU DO NOT GET ON WITHOUT BEING TOP 10%.

and yes, i can say so with certitude because NO LAW SCHOOL WOULD EVER DILUTE THE VALUE OF ITS LAW REVIEW EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.... ESPECIALLY HARVARD.

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU NUTBARS CAN'T STAND IT.

Forum List

Back