Text of the State of the Union Address

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
Tonight I want to begin by congratulating the men and women of the 112th Congress, as well as your new Speaker, John Boehner. And as we mark this occasion, we are also mindful of the empty chair in this Chamber, and pray for the health of our colleague – and our friend – Gabby Giffords.

It’s no secret that those of us here tonight have had our differences over the last two years. The debates have been contentious; we have fought fiercely for our beliefs. And that’s a good thing. That’s what a robust democracy demands. That’s what helps set us apart as a nation.

But there’s a reason the tragedy in Tucson gave us pause. Amid all the noise and passions and rancor of our public debate, Tucson reminded us that no matter who we are or where we come from, each of us is a part of something greater – something more consequential than party or political preference.

We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed; that the dreams of a little girl in Tucson are not so different than those of our own children, and that they all deserve the chance to be fulfilled.

NationalJournal.com - EXCLUSIVE: Obama to Declare 'The Rules Have Changed' - Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Its a good speech, and he'll probably deliver it well.

A few things in there that are "sticky" but not the usual "I'm the man, you don't matter" stuff he threw at us the first two years.

He's got a new writer, that's for sure.

And he may have gotten the message, but I believe it is too late.

Yes, of course he writes his own stuff - he is a liberal and by default he is simply brilliant, and yes, even magical!! He is roses, lilies, and daffodils , mixed with rainbows, baby tears, and unicorns, floating on a wonderfully lush and opulent magical carpet, gently wafting over elysian fields dusted with fairy dust, where a snow white baby lamb is lying down with a roaring lion who is giving birth to a new baby ... a baby of hope, and change.

Yes, he is brilliant and all republicans who ever existed are vapid, dull, halfwits who can barely read or write. We are truly blessed to have such a gift as Obama. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tonight I want to begin by congratulating the men and women of the 112th Congress, as well as your new Speaker, John Boehner. And as we mark this occasion, we are also mindful of the empty chair in this Chamber, and pray for the health of our colleague – and our friend – Gabby Giffords.

It’s no secret that those of us here tonight have had our differences over the last two years. The debates have been contentious; we have fought fiercely for our beliefs. And that’s a good thing. That’s what a robust democracy demands. That’s what helps set us apart as a nation.

But there’s a reason the tragedy in Tucson gave us pause. Amid all the noise and passions and rancor of our public debate, Tucson reminded us that no matter who we are or where we come from, each of us is a part of something greater – something more consequential than party or political preference.

We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed; that the dreams of a little girl in Tucson are not so different than those of our own children, and that they all deserve the chance to be fulfilled.

NationalJournal.com - EXCLUSIVE: Obama to Declare 'The Rules Have Changed' - Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thx..I am not watching it, I wanted to read it however....

I watch with the sound off. Much more enjoyable!

Yes, of course he writes his own stuff - he is a liberal and by default he is simply brilliant, and yes, even magical!! He is roses, lilies, and daffodils , mixed with rainbows, baby tears, and unicorns, floating on a wonderfully lush and opulent magical carpet, gently wafting over elysian fields dusted with fairy dust, where a snow white baby lamb is lying down with a roaring lion who is giving birth to a new baby ... a baby of hope, and change.

Yes, he is brilliant and all republicans who ever existed are vapid, dull, halfwits who can barely read or write. We are truly blessed to have such a gift as Obama. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

you know, you have to give people their due. you don't get to be president of harvard law review without knowing how to write.

so don't be bitter. you could pick smart people to be your candidates, too.

glad to help. :)

you know, you have to give people their due. you don't get to be president of harvard law review without knowing how to write.

great, can I have an example please?

You don't get an MBA from Harvard without being smart either..

He is a gifted, incredible, stunningly brilliant person in every way. He possesses demi-god like qualities of oratory, persuasion, and even alchemy!! When he smokes a cigarette, the cigarette ashes become acorns and the smoke cleans the air! The acorns grow into mighty oak trees that shade and protect all the millions of minions that he alone can preserve, protect, and provide for. He is human perfection.

He is a gifted, incredible, stunningly brilliant person in every way. He possesses demi-god like qualities of oratory, persuasion, and even alchemy!! When he smokes a cigarette, the cigarette ashes become acorns and the smoke cleans the air! The acorns grow into mighty oak trees that shade and protect all the millions of minions that he alone can preserve, protect, and provide for. He is human perfection.

i just said he was smart.

i don't recall saying (or thinking) the other things.

but apparently, you felt an uncontrollable impulse to troll this thread.

You don't get an MBA from Harvard without being smart either..

with a 'c' average?

What a sad, bitter, stupid man you are.

I liked the speech. I'm sure I'll be disappointed in 10 months, but if we can get a simpler tax code out of the deal, cool.

i just said he was smart.

i don't recall saying (or thinking) the other things.

but apparently, you felt an uncontrollable impulse to troll this thread.

I was merely writing like Obama speaks... How is that trolling? Lighten up, your idol is at 51%!!! :clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back