Texas teacher fired for Anne Frank

Last edited:
I try and let things largely roll of my back but holy cow they are getting absolutely crazy in Texas.

Fired for assigning Anne Frank?

Texas teacher fired for reading Diary of Anne Frank to class

These are middle school students so they are roughly equal in age to Anne Frank when she wrote her diary.
Did you read the story? It was a substitute teacher and she was sent home because she read a passage from the book where Frank wrote about male and female genitalia.

WTF? Why did feel the need to read that section to children? It's weird.

So Anne Frank in her diary once got into into the subject of male and female genetalia. Who knew? So now some modern day middle school teacher seizes on that as a way to introduce his or her version of sex education in their teaching, I say fire them on the spot.

Did you read the story? It was a substitute teacher and she was sent home because she read a passage from the book where Frank wrote about male and female genitalia.

OMG

In a story about a young girl slaughtered by Nazis, Texas is outraged about genitalia

It's been many years since I was in school but if you understand English you will understand it does not state which portions she read.

A Texas middle school teacher has been fired after assigning an unapproved illustrated version of Anne Frank's Diary to her eighth grade reading class. Per a report from KFDM, a spokesperson for Hamshire-Fannett ISD, located south of Beaumont, released a statement confirming the teacher was sent home on Wednesday after reading a passage from Anne Frank's Diary: The Graphic Adaptation in which Frank wrote about male and female genitalia. An investigation into the incident has since ensued.

The article notes she read from the book and then the author described the book.

And even if she did, students at that age should be able to read or hear the entire book.

So Anne Frank in her diary once got into into the subject of male and female genetalia. Who knew? So now some modern day middle school teacher seizes on that as a way to introduce his or her version of sex education in their teaching, I say fire them on the spot.

We need to keep those teenagers believing the stork brought them.

Its ok. The Nazi exterminated her and her mom. Thats ok to talk about but not girl and boy parts

But its ok to talk about the Nazis trying to exterminate her entire people?

The holocaust absolutely should be taught in school in all aspects; how it happened, who perpetrated it and who suffered because of it, why it was allowed to happen, what all it entailed, etc. However, one teenager's thoughts about her body and the bodies of others can be read on your own time.

Forum List

Back