Texas SC rules state does NOT have to give benefits to homosexual "couples"

It's past time to let Taxus and the rest of the backwards hillbillies go off to form their own country. Maybe the FakeJesusConfederate States of Batshittia. Cons always use government power to strip human beings of rights.

This is against the America way and what the founders intended. Freedom was the foundation of the US. Conservatives now reject this idea and instead view freedom as whatever whim they have today on who they want to treat like human beings and who they don't.
Weird. No where do the founder define marriage. They left such matters up to the states. Should a gay 1st cousins be allowed to marry in the states where heteros can't? If not, why not?

So you believe homosexuals were not being treated like humans before? Even when Obama, Hillary and all top Democrats supported traditional marriage only a few years ago? Your position is highly inconsistent.

Two things in play here, state's rights and religious freedom.

The LGBT crowd stirred up a hornet's nest on religious freedom. The upcoming SCOTUS case on the Colorado baker will be huge
The Supreme Court's decision should be a forgone conclusion since the majority are hard right Republican appointees.

The LGBT crowd stirred up a hornet's nest on religious freedom. The upcoming SCOTUS case on the Colorado baker will be huge
I'm with you on the other but this is about the govt. the govt isn't an individual.

But religious freedom is Constitutional.
So the govt gets constitutional rights the people get? I guess you were ok with lynch pleading the fifth?

I'm not ok with it but it's her right to do so.

I said a long time ago the LGBT would rue the day they decided to tackle religious freedom.

The states have always defined marriage. The Supreme Court was acting like a tyrant when it took the power from the states and gave it to themselves.

The Supreme Court's decision should be a forgone conclusion since the majority are hard right Republican appointees.

SCOTUS didn't rule on this. If they had Texas Supreme's hands would be tied

Texas is a backward shithole

Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Yemen, and Somalia are backward shitholes which is why they are banned. See how Texas treats LGTB vs. the six (6) countries I just listed. More than likely, it is the Liberal logic that is backward shithole.

Well, Texas doesn't toss gay men off of rooftops, putting them well ahead of the typical Muslim country that liberals support and want coming here.

I'm with you on the other but this is about the govt. the govt isn't an individual.

So the govt gets constitutional rights the people get? I guess you were ok with lynch pleading the fifth?

I said a long time ago the LGBT would rue the day they decided to tackle religious freedom.
So the govt getting individual protections are ok? I'm surprised.
What about previous cases that ruled that govt workers don't get individual protections on the job because individuals make up the govt.
The govt having the same rights as individuals doesn't sound very good to me.

Texas needs to enter the 21st century.

So do the six countries we currently have a travel ban yet you liberals have never called for those countries to do the same, have you?
"we" currently have a travel ban???
Minority president and full-time narcissist Donald Trump speaks for you when he signs executive orders then?
You have surrendered your mind to a demented braggart.

So the govt getting individual protections are ok? I'm surprised.
What about previous cases that ruled that govt workers don't get individual protections on the job because individuals make up the govt.
The govt having the same rights as individuals doesn't sound very good to me.

I would think the ruling would also apply to the private sector as well. The article isn't clear

I did notice it was Houston, dem city...

Well, Texas doesn't toss gay men off of rooftops, putting them well ahead of the typical Muslim country that liberals support and want coming here.
Most liberals I imagine do not care about Muslim countries and certainly would not spill a drop of American blood on their pitiful dictatorships, unlike what hard right Republicans obsess about and send Americans to die and get maimed for.

So do the six countries we currently have a travel ban yet you liberals have never called for those countries to do the same, have you?
Minority president and full-time narcissist Donald Trump speaks for you when he signs executive orders then?

You support en masses open border immigration to members from countries that torture and maim gays yet shit yourself over a state that has a different interpretation of marriage vs. what you define as marriage.

On a practical level, the decision doesn't have an immediate effect on LGBT city employees in Houston. Their spouses will continue to receive benefits, as they have for years, while the case continues to be litigated.

Texas Supreme Court rules gay couples not guaranteed spousal benefits | LGBT | Dallas News

And this ruling isn't going to last. The Supreme Court is not going to rule that you can give married benefits to some couples and not others.

You support en masses open border immigration to members from countries that torture and maim gays yet shit yourself over a state that has a different interpretation of marriage vs. what you define as marriage.
The choice of Texas politicians to be bigots is no skin off my nose.
Neither do I believe they are representative of all Texans.

Forum List

Back