Texas Led the Country in New Renewable Energy Projects Last Year!

Why does it make you upset when I say your carbon footprint is materially no different than any other average American's carbon footprint?
Like everyone else, He just has a normal Industrial Revolution footprint, as opposed to previous less carbon-ed interglacial one.
`

Why does it make you upset when I say your carbon footprint is materially no different than any other average American's carbon footprint?
In toto, my reaction to your comments about our relative carbon footprints have been "I rather doubt that", spoken precisely once. If you think that sounds as if I am upset, you're an idiot. If you know it indicates no such thing, you're a liar.

In toto, my reaction to your comments about our relative carbon footprints have been "I rather doubt that", spoken precisely once. If you think that sounds as if I am upset, you're an idiot. If you know it indicates no such thing, you're a liar.
Actually it is proof of your hypocrisy and zealotry.

Actually it is proof of your hypocrisy and zealotry.
What this whole conversation is showing is that you are constantly lying about my responses to what you've said. You'll say A, B and C. A and B are demonstrably false and C is utterly irrelevant. I demonstrate that A and B are false and say nothing about C. When you come back, you say nothing about A and B but ask why I got so upset about C. You really seem to have some psychological issues.

Either that or you're a troll. Your behavior is becoming more and more of an amalgam EMH's and jc456's.

What this whole conversation is showing is that you are constantly lying about my responses to what you've said. You'll say A, B and C. A and B are demonstrably false and C is utterly irrelevant. I demonstrate that A and B are false and say nothing about C. When you come back, you say nothing about A and B but ask why I got so upset about C. You really seem to have some psychological issues.

Either that or you're a troll. Your behavior is becoming more and more of an amalgam EMH's and jc456's.
No, what it shows is that I engage you on my terms, not yours. If anyone is a troll it's you. You are the one who is keeping this going. I won after I established you are a zealot and a hypocrite. I have nothing else to prove.

Last edited:

The Texas GOP’s War on Renewable Energy

What’s behind the Legislature’s relentless campaign against Wind and Solar power, which are Saving Texans Billions?
June 2023 - Texas Monthly

Greg Roach doesn’t much care for the blinking red lights atop the ninety wind turbines just outside of town. They distract from the nightly blanket of stars that’s among the benefits of life in Olney, an agricultural crossroads about a two-hour drive northwest of Fort Worth. But, says the 67-year-old superintendent of the local school district, that’s a minor quibble.

Tax payments from the Trinity Hills Wind Farm have allowed Olney ISD to remodel the junior high and the high school and to build a vocational building for classes in welding and agriculture, all without raising the Tax rate. It’s been “an absolute Home Run fiscally,” Roach says.

And those Benefits have recently gotten a whole lot Bigger.
Trinity Hills enjoyed an enormous tax break when it began operating, in 2012, but that decade-long arrangement has come to an end. The wind farm now numbers among the district’s largest taxpayers. “You are looking at around one million dollars in revenue,” Roach says, for a district with a total annual budget of about $12 million. “There is absolutely no doubt they are a big boost.” He expects the extra money will help the district purchase a new school bus and upgrade classroom technology.....
[.....]

`
Why does CrusaderFrank Hate Clean Energy and the Plains states that use it most?

`

And that is what is driving the 'Conservatives' nuts. It is not liberal policies or environmental concerns that is driving the switch to renewables, but economics. Renewables are less costly in every way. Less costly to install, less costly to maintain.
Exactly!

Oh boy.........

breadcrumb-chevron.svg
Green
breadcrumb-chevron.svg
Green News

'Wrong direction': Fossil fuels still dominate despite growth in renewables, report reveals​

World heading in ‘wrong direction’ as fossil fuels surge, report shows

:springbed:

By Matt McGrath
Environment correspondent

A new study says that the world is using more fossil fuels than ever as the transition to green energy stalls.
The Renewables 2022 Global Status Report says the share of wind and solar in the global energy mix has risen minimally in the last decade.
While renewables boomed in the electricity sector last year, they didn't meet the overall rise in demand.
In transport, which accounts for a third of energy, renewables provided less than 4%.

Climate change: Green energy 'stagnates' as fossil fuels dominate

Bah Bah Booey

Renewables help tame Texas electricity costs as heat wave swamps state​

Illustration of solar panels in the shape of Texas

Illustration: Natalie Peeples/Axios

Renewable energy is helping to keep electricity costs from skyrocketing in Texas as the state sweats beneath a heat dome.
The big picture: The heat dome is toppling records. Multiple locations in Texas set monthly and all-time temperature highs last week.

• And with air conditioners humming relentlessly, the state hit a new record for electricity usage on June 27.
  • Meanwhile, Texas' renewable energy production also climbed to new highs amid outages from a large number of fossil-fuel plants.
[...............]

Two key stats: Renewables Reduced wholesale electricity costs in Texas by $11 Billion in 2022, according to a recent paper that Rhodes authored.

• But it could have been more: Transmission congestion cost Texans nearly $3 billion last year.
  • In other words, much of the excess solar power produced in high-generation areas like the south and west couldn't be moved to places like central Texas that would gobble it up if they could get their hands on it, says Michael Webber, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
  • More transmission projects are in the works, he notes.
www.axios.com

Under the heat dome, renewable energy sources are keeping Texans cool

"Renewables likely saved consumers a billion dollars or more last week alone."
www.axios.com
www.axios.com
`

abu afak said:
Texas is experiencing a rise in renewable energy deployment Not necessarily due to concerns over human-caused climate change, but rather because of the Low Costs of renewable energy sources like solar and wind development......

elektra
As a matter of fact Governor Abbott is trying to put in regulations to slow cheaper Renewables and keep the state pumping O&G.

`

Last edited:
elektra
As a matter of fact Governor Abbott is trying to put in regulations to slow cheaper Renewables and keep the state pumping O&G.
Renewables increase the use of oil and gas. Proven over and over in these threads.

Regulations to slow renewables would most likely be aimed at the expensive, inefficient, and weak electrical output aspect.

"..And lawmakers complicated the economics for renewable energy producers, which have immensely increased in number over the past decade in Texas, offering Cheaper Electricity Than Gas- or Coal-Powered Plants Can Produce. One new policy will make connecting rural renewable projects to the grid more costly.....

`
Doesn’t give us the cost for materials, wages and land .

Tell us

elektra Flash

"..And lawmakers complicated the economics for renewable energy producers, which have immensely increased in number over the past decade in Texas, offering Cheaper Electricity Than Gas- or Coal-Powered Plants Can Produce. One new policy will make connecting rural renewable projects to the grid more costly.....

`
You can post that 100 more times and it still doesn’t say what the costs for renewable product is

Forum List

Back