Texas Led the Country in New Renewable Energy Projects Last Year!

Free Market solutions are abundant in these times ... plus ... welll ... er ... ummm ...
It's windy in West Texas ... duh ...[/B]

It's Windy across across much of the Plains/mountain states.
It's windy in alot of places onshore and offshore.
And it's Very Sunny across most of the Southwest and Southeast.

IOWA is now 63% renewable, almost all Wind.
S Dakota 55% (and on site says 80%)
Oklahoma 45%
New Mexico 40%

Where is the $100 Trillion, $76 Trillion, $64 Trillion the Idiot Trolls keep posting as the cost.
Texas is installing renewables because they are CHEAPER.
(and AFAIK Iowa is Not a bunch of 'Libs,' and is Not in debt a Trillion or two.)
`
`

Last edited:
Yes, about half your posts are Almost a word, or almost a sentence you Illiterate POS ConspiracYst.
You have NO info related to this section.. or any section.
You're simply a noxious RW Troll.
`
You whine an awful lot for such a brainless useless blood-clot troll hack bitch.

The fact is that you have this godawful tendency to spout a lot of other people’s pieces, but you unquestionably have less than zero grasp of the science behind those pieces.

Now be a good little bitch and suck a bag of dicks. 👍

It's Windy across across much of the Plains/mountain states.
It's windy in alot of places onshore and offshore.
And it's Very Sunny across most of the Southwest and Southeast.

IOWA is now 63% renewable, almost all Wind.
S Dakota 55% (and on site says 80%)
Oklahoma 45%
New Mexico 40%

Where is the $100 Trillion, $76 Trillion, $64 Trillion the Idiot Trolls keep posting as the cost.
Texas is installing renewables because they are CHEAPER.
(and AFAIK Iowa is Not a bunch of 'Libs,' and is Not in debt a Trillion or two.)
`
`

Renewables is why Boeing set up shop in the Pacific Northwest during WWII ... smelting Aluminum is an electricity whore ... the cool deal is that all this grid infrastructure to carry huge amounts of hydro-electricity to California is one of the windiest places on Earth ... the Columbia River Gorge ... as far as I know, them wind farms there are subject to full market pressures, no government subsidies ...

You whine an awful lot for such a brainless useless blood-clot troll hack bitch.

The fact is that you have this godawful tendency to spout a lot of other people’s pieces, but you unquestionably have less than zero grasp of the science behind those pieces.

Now be a good little bitch and suck a bag of dicks. 👍

BackAgain has No Topical Information to share ANYWHERE.
He needs to find some trash section, and take Crazy EMH with him.
EMH at least tries to be ON Topic (if not sane) in every post. You, the Opposite: a trolling RW name-calling cvmsucker.
(After I pointed this out the last time I made/embarrassed him into posting two links he found on google)

Now go check the propane tank before your welfare paid for mobile home rental explodes.

`

Last edited:
BackAgain has No Topical Information to share ANYWHERE.
He needs to find some trash section, and take Crazy EMH with him.
EMH at least tries to be ON Topic (if not sane) in every post. You, the Opposite: a trolling RW name-calling cvmsucker.
(After I pointed this out the last time I made/embarrassed him into posting two links he found on google)

Now go check the propane tank before your rented mobile home explodes.

`
Apu afuk relies on lies. It’s a certainty that s/he/it is totally unfamiliar with the majority of my posts. That’s one of the reasons she/he/it says baseless shit about which she has no zero evidence.

But at least it can always go back to the well for its incoherent ad hominem.

;

;

Apu afuk relies on lies. It’s a certainty that s/he/it is totally unfamiliar with the majority of my posts. That’s one of the reasons she/he/it says baseless shit about which she has no zero evidence.

But at least it can always go back to the well for its incoherent ad hominem.

What's your informed opinion of anthropogenic global warming?

The Texas GOP’s War on Renewable Energy

What’s behind the Legislature’s relentless campaign against wind and solar power, which are saving Texans billions?
Texas Monthly June 2023

Greg Roach doesn’t much care for the blinking red lights atop the ninety wind turbines just outside of town. They distract from the nightly blanket of stars that’s among the benefits of life in Olney, an agricultural crossroads about a two-hour drive northwest of Fort Worth. But, says the 67-year-old superintendent of the local school district, that’s a minor quibble.

Tax payments from the Trinity Hills wind farm have allowed Olney ISD to remodel the junior high and the high school and to build a vocational building for classes in welding and agriculture, all without raising the tax rate. It’s been “an absolute home run fiscally,” Roach says.

And those benefits have recently gotten a whole lot bigger. Trinity Hills enjoyed an enormous tax break when it began operating, in 2012, but that decade-long arrangement has come to an end. The wind farm now numbers among the district’s largest taxpayers. “You are looking at around one million dollars in revenue,” Roach says, for a district with a total annual budget of about $12 million. “There is absolutely no doubt they are a big boost.” He expects the extra money will help the district purchase a new school bus and upgrade classroom technology.

Olney ISD and countless other public entities have benefited mightily since Texas rolled out the welcome mat for renewables, in 1999, by deregulating the electricity market and setting a ten-year goal of adding two gigawatts of green energy to the grid. With ample wind and sunshine, a business-friendly regulatory regime, and state-backed construction of new high-voltage transmission wires, Texas quickly became the nation’s renewable-energy leader. It reached the two-gigawatt goal by 2005 and has since met even more ambitious benchmarks.

The state produces more wind and solar power today than the next three states (California, Iowa, and Oklahoma) combined, and that lead is growing. Last year Texas added more new renewable power generation than the next five states together. The American Clean Power Association, a trade group representing wind-, solar-, battery-, and hydrogen-energy developers, recently testified that renewables projects have invested $93 billion in Texas during the past couple of decades and generated $684 million combined in lease payments to landowners and taxes to counties and school districts.

One recent estimate found that renewables Lowered the cost of electricity to Texans by $11 billion last year, or $423 for every customer served by the state’s predominant power grid. Over the past five years, Texas has added 2,800 jobs to support wind and solar power generation at the same time that the state has lost 44,000 oil and gas extraction jobs, in part because automation has allowed producers to drill more wells while employing fewer roughnecks.

The abundance of low-cost clean energy—a growing priority for global corporations—has also driven companies to put new facilities in Texas. It’s a trend that shows no signs of slowing. In December, for example, Pennsylvania-based Air Products and Virginia-based AES announced that they would jointly build a $4 billion plant near Wichita Falls to manufacture hydrogen from electricity generated by wind and solar.

So why, any reasonable observer might ask, have Governor Greg Abbott, Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, and the Republican majority in the state legislature been tripping over themselves to upend this remarkable success? Why were about a dozen bills proposed during this year’s legislative session that seemed designed to kill the Texas renewable-energy boom?

A recent University of Houston poll found that a majority of Texans support greater access to green energy. Even among Republicans, 50 percent favored increasing the use of solar power.
[......]

`

What’s behind the Legislature’s relentless campaign against Wind and Solar power, which are Saving Texans Billions?
June 2023 - Texas Monthly

Greg Roach doesn’t much care for the blinking red lights atop the ninety wind turbines just outside of town. They distract from the nightly blanket of stars that’s among the benefits of life in Olney, an agricultural crossroads about a two-hour drive northwest of Fort Worth. But, says the 67-year-old superintendent of the local school district, that’s a minor quibble.

Tax payments from the Trinity Hills Wind Farm have allowed Olney ISD to remodel the junior high and the high school and to build a vocational building for classes in welding and agriculture, all without raising the Tax rate. It’s been “an absolute Home Run fiscally,” Roach says.

And those Benefits have recently gotten a whole lot Bigger.
Trinity Hills enjoyed an enormous tax break when it began operating, in 2012, but that decade-long arrangement has come to an end. The wind farm now numbers among the district’s largest taxpayers. “You are looking at around one million dollars in revenue,” Roach says, for a district with a total annual budget of about $12 million. “There is absolutely no doubt they are a big boost.” He expects the extra money will help the district purchase a new school bus and upgrade classroom technology.....
[.....]

`

Last edited:

What’s behind the Legislature’s relentless campaign against Wind and Solar power, which are Saving Texans Billions?
June 2023 - Texas Monthly

Tax payments from the Trinity Hills Wind Farm have allowed Olney ISD to remodel the junior high and the high school and to build a vocational building for classes in welding and agriculture, all without raising the Tax rate. It’s been “an absolute Home Run fiscally,” Roach says.

And those Benefits have recently gotten a whole lot Bigger.
Trinity Hills enjoyed an enormous tax break when it began operating, in 2012, but that decade-long arrangement has come to an end. The wind farm now numbers among the district’s largest taxpayers. “You are looking at around one million dollars in revenue,” Roach says, for a district with a total annual budget of about $12 million. “There is absolutely no doubt they are a big boost.” He expects the extra money will help the district purchase a new school bus and upgrade classroom technology.....
[.....]

`
Renewables are saving Texas during this heatwave

Renewables help tame Texas electricity costs as heat wave swamps state

Illustration of solar panels in the shape of Texas

Illustration: Natalie Peeples/Axios

Renewable energy is helping to keep electricity costs from skyrocketing in Texas as the state sweats beneath a heat dome.
The big picture: The heat dome is toppling records. Multiple locations in Texas set monthly and all-time temperature highs last week.

• And with air conditioners humming relentlessly, the state hit a new record for electricity usage on June 27.
  • Meanwhile, Texas' renewable energy production also climbed to new highs amid outages from a large number of fossil-fuel plants.
[...............]

Two key stats: Renewables Reduced wholesale electricity costs in Texas by $11 Billion in 2022, according to a recent paper that Rhodes authored.

• But it could have been more: Transmission congestion cost Texans nearly $3 billion last year.
  • In other words, much of the excess solar power produced in high-generation areas like the south and west couldn't be moved to places like central Texas that would gobble it up if they could get their hands on it, says Michael Webber, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
  • More transmission projects are in the works, he notes.

`

Last edited:
I can hardly wait for the predictable surprises as they continue to oversell a technology that will never be capable of base loading electric grids.

Sure you can. You're as emotional as anyone else.
No. Not on this subject, I'm not. You are the one who believes that life as we know it is being threatened and are making moral arguments. You are effectively a religious zealot and have made spreading your "religion" your mission. You are on a crusade. All while having a similar carbon foot print as me. But then again most religious zealots are hypocrites.

No. Not on this subject, I'm not [emotional]. You are the one who believes that life as we know it is being threatened
I do not believe the lives of all humanity are threatened. Some will die, but the bulk of the harm will be a variety of suffering our descendants will experience due to the efforts of you and yours.
and are making moral arguments.
I make objective, science-based arguments in favor of AGW theory and make moral arguments on our moral obligations to do something about it. I stand by both efforts.
You are effectively a religious zealot
A belief backed by the amount of evidence and expert opinion supporting AGW is not a religion. If we were looking for a faith-based belief, I would suggest you examine the belief that all the world's scientists are involved in a perfect conspiracy, that they are all mistaken and that you are smarter than the lot of them.
and have made spreading your "religion" your mission.
The reality of the threat and the insanity of the resistance you and yours present has made it a mission for a great number of folks.
You are on a crusade.
Not in the religious sense. Mainstream science is not religion. Anti-science such as yours is far, far closer.
All while having a similar carbon foot print as me.
I rather doubt that but, in any case, the differences in who we vote for for public office make a substantial difference.
But then again most religious zealots are hypocrites.
I wouldn't know. But I have learned that ignorant liars spout ignorance and lies.

I do not believe the lives of all humanity are threatened. Some will die, but the bulk of the harm will be a variety of suffering our descendants will experience due to the efforts of you and yours.

I make objective, science-based arguments in favor of AGW theory and make moral arguments on our moral obligations to do something about it. I stand by both efforts.

A belief backed by the amount of evidence and expert opinion supporting AGW is not a religion. If we were looking for a faith-based belief, I would suggest you examine the belief that all the world's scientists are involved in a perfect conspiracy, that they are all mistaken and that you are smarter than the lot of them.

The reality of the threat and the insanity of the resistance you and yours present has made it a mission for a great number of folks.

Not in the religious sense. Mainstream science is not religion. Anti-science such as yours is far, far closer.

I rather doubt that but, in any case, the differences in who we vote for for public office make a substantial difference.

I wouldn't know. But I have learned that ignorant liars spout ignorance and lies.
You are a zealot whose carbon footprint is just like every other average American's carbon footprint.

You are a zealot whose carbon footprint is just like every other average American's carbon footprint.
With a whole list of pertinent topics to explore, you continuously restrict yourself to pathetically puerile ad hominem attacks at a single poster.

All you're doing is telling everyone here how badly I embarrassed you. Ask your friends in private if that's not true. Remember when I asked everyone here, FIVE TIMES, in big, bold, red letters if anyone thought I had failed to make my point against you AND NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON CAME TO YOUR DEFENSE. NOT ONE.

So, you really need to think about your priorities here and the net result of your choices.

With a whole list of pertinent topics to explore, you continuously restrict yourself to pathetically puerile ad hominem attacks at a single poster.

All you're doing is telling everyone here how badly I embarrassed you. Ask your friends in private if that's not true. Remember when I asked everyone here, FIVE TIMES, in big, bold, red letters if anyone thought I had failed to make my point against you AND NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON CAME TO YOUR DEFENSE. NOT ONE.

So, you really need to think about your priorities here and the net result of your choices.
Why does it make you upset when I say your carbon footprint is materially no different than any other average American's carbon footprint?

Forum List

Back