Texas getting a tragic lesson in Climate Change science

Yeah, that's why you disregard the word of 97% of scientist and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide and believe that the 3% who happen to agree with your politicians are right.

I'm not a conservative and I'm convinced at this point that there is little we have caused or can impact based on the science.
The politicization of the issue, however, suggests otherwise which makes the idea of AGW even more suspect.

No.
The reason you disregard 97 % of folks far smarter than you are is because you are willingly stuck on stupid.
No use trying to sugar coat it.
Why do lefties always go rude when they can't rebut?
I already explained how that 97% figure is exploited and twisted. It's used as propaganda and you've fallen for it. What's more, the idea that propaganda must be utilized to promote an issue undermines the veracity of the AGW claim.

Reality is like that. If it is too harsh a concept for you, I suggest you get a helmet.
There is no more a debate on climate change than there is about the boiling point of water- though I figure you'd find a way to whine about that if it didn't fit your narrative as well.

Hearing conservatives whimper about 'rudeness' is merely a sign of being on target.
Your personal declarations are not science. Ask Lindzen and Curry and Choi and Gray, etc.

Yeah, that's why you disregard the word of 97% of scientist and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide and believe that the 3% who happen to agree with your politicians are right.

I'm not a conservative and I'm convinced at this point that there is little we have caused or can impact based on the science.
The politicization of the issue, however, suggests otherwise which makes the idea of AGW even more suspect.

No.
The reason you disregard 97 % of folks far smarter than you are is because you are willingly stuck on stupid.
I already explained how that 97% figure is exploited and twisted. It's used as propaganda and you've fallen for it. What's more, the idea that propaganda must be utilized to promote an issue undermines the veracity of the AGW claim.

Reality is like that. If it is too harsh a concept for you, I suggest you get a helmet.
There is no more a debate on climate change than there is about the boiling point of water- though I figure you'd find a way to whine about that if it didn't fit your narrative as well.

Hearing conservatives whimper about 'rudeness' is merely a sign of being on target.
Your personal declarations are not science. Ask Lindzen and Curry and Choi and Gray, etc.

LOL.....right. I made all of this stuff up.
Been to TX lately ?

This is normally where someone decides to deluge (pun intended) you with facts, links, and research, all in some misguided attempt to convince you that 2+2 actually equals 4.
Not this time.
Not me.

I will simply identify you as the oxygen thief you truly are and giggle as you attempt to defend the indefensible.
Here's a little something to set you off:

Do you think that those who lost homes, or someone else, didn't rebuild in the same areas that were flooded? I'll bet it now is not much different then it was before the storms. It is what people do. But using a natural disaster as a political tool was made popular by the left after Katrina when in fact it was left wing policy that lead to most of the deaths. Quite fantastic the left's denial.

Left wing policy did not lead to most of the Katrina deaths shit for brains. That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Do you think that those who lost homes, or someone else, didn't rebuild in the same areas that were flooded? I'll bet it now is not much different then it was before the storms. It is what people do. But using a natural disaster as a political tool was made popular by the left after Katrina when in fact it was left wing policy that lead to most of the deaths. Quite fantastic the left's denial.

Left wing policy did not lead to most of the Katrina deaths shit for brains. That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

So the almighty left wing was able to create political hay from Katrina ??
How was running the show back then ?
Who was in charge ?
I really don't see why you conservitards run away from the Katrina debacle. Embrace it ! It's proof positive that if you try hard enough you can ensure big govt does not work.
Is this not your stated goal ??

Who was in charge ?
I really don't see why you conservitards run away from the Katrina debacle. Embrace it ! It's proof positive that if you try hard enough you can ensure big govt does not work.

I'm not a conservative. I think you misread my reply.

The main cause of the flooding was the Army Corps fucked up.

Who was in charge ?

I'm not a conservative. I think you misread my reply.

The main cause of the flooding was the Army Corps fucked up.

UGH....misfire, was trying to respond to the post before yours.

Once again: You choose to deny science. This is not a "weather related tragedy" alone although I can't say whether it is or not. I am not a scientist.

What the scientists are saying is our climate globally is changing in fundamental ways. Remeber the science is always true whether you believe it or not.

Once again I hope you will wake up from your Fucks Nuse slumber party and learn the consequences of your own actions. CO2 in the atmosphere is not a laughing matter.

Sorry, I would rather not join your religion, much too hostile and much too angry.

I guess you don't listen to Rush and Faux News, or you wouldn't be saying that others are "much too angry"........:)
Better yet, you need to stop listening to propagandists who tell you that Rush and Faux News are responsible for questioning AGW alarmism and instead heed the science, scientists and atmospherics experts who actually dispute and refute AGW.

It's not propaganda.....it's what the majority of Scientists now support. Rush is not a scientist, he's just a stupid money-hungry blowhard that says what you stupid conservatives like to hear and has gotten rich by saying all the dumb things you all want to believe and playing up to your conservative ignorance.

Brenda Ekwurzel, a senior climate scientist at the science advocacy group the Union of Concerned Scientists, said she believes global warming likely contributed to the extreme conditions. Ekwurzel noted that the combination of a burgeoning El Niño and record-breaking ocean surface temperatures in April likely “revs up the hydrological cycle” in the region.

Ekwurzel added, “When you have a warmer atmosphere, then you have the capability to hold more water vapor. When storms organize, there’s much more water you can wring out of the atmosphere compared to the past.”

In a Facebook post Sunday, high-profile climate researcher Katharine Hayhoe, director of Texas Tech University’s Climate Science Center, stated that “climate change will affect us in the ways we’re already vulnerable to climate and weather today, and Texas is no exception.”

Climate Change May Have Souped Up Record-Breaking Texas Deluge - Scientific American

Survey finds 97% of climate science papers agree warming is man-made
Overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed papers taking a position on global warming say humans are causing it
Survey finds 97 climate science papers agree warming is man-made Dana Nuccitelli Environment The Guardian

The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is very likely human-induced and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented in the past 1,300 years.1

Earth-orbiting satellites and other technological advances have enabled scientists to see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate on a global scale. This body of data, collected over many years, reveals the signals of a changing climate.

The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century.2 Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many instruments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.

Climate Change Vital Signs of the Planet Evidence
Wrong. Many of those who agree man has contributed to warming insist the measures undertaken are extreme and counterproductive overkill.
What's more, many climate scientists disagree that man contributes at all.
Being a layman, I yield to experts and not propaganda.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: All you are spouting is propaganda fool! The 97% meme has been shown to be a lie many times over and yet you continue to post it as if it is real. YOU are nothing more than an ignorant twit who is so afraid of learning you are wrong that you won't read anything that doesn't come from your high priests.

Sorry, I would rather not join your religion, much too hostile and much too angry.

I guess you don't listen to Rush and Faux News, or you wouldn't be saying that others are "much too angry"........:)
Better yet, you need to stop listening to propagandists who tell you that Rush and Faux News are responsible for questioning AGW alarmism and instead heed the science, scientists and atmospherics experts who actually dispute and refute AGW.

It's not propaganda.....it's what the majority of Scientists now support. Rush is not a scientist, he's just a stupid money-hungry blowhard that says what you stupid conservatives like to hear and has gotten rich by saying all the dumb things you all want to believe and playing up to your conservative ignorance.

Brenda Ekwurzel, a senior climate scientist at the science advocacy group the Union of Concerned Scientists, said she believes global warming likely contributed to the extreme conditions. Ekwurzel noted that the combination of a burgeoning El Niño and record-breaking ocean surface temperatures in April likely “revs up the hydrological cycle” in the region.

Ekwurzel added, “When you have a warmer atmosphere, then you have the capability to hold more water vapor. When storms organize, there’s much more water you can wring out of the atmosphere compared to the past.”

In a Facebook post Sunday, high-profile climate researcher Katharine Hayhoe, director of Texas Tech University’s Climate Science Center, stated that “climate change will affect us in the ways we’re already vulnerable to climate and weather today, and Texas is no exception.”

Climate Change May Have Souped Up Record-Breaking Texas Deluge - Scientific American

Overwhelming majority of peer-reviewed papers taking a position on global warming say humans are causing it
Survey finds 97 climate science papers agree warming is man-made Dana Nuccitelli Environment The Guardian

The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is very likely human-induced and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented in the past 1,300 years.1

Earth-orbiting satellites and other technological advances have enabled scientists to see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate on a global scale. This body of data, collected over many years, reveals the signals of a changing climate.

The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century.2 Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many instruments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.

Wrong. Many of those who agree man has contributed to warming insist the measures undertaken are extreme and counterproductive overkill.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: All you are spouting is propaganda fool! The 97% meme has been shown to be a lie many times over and yet you continue to post it as if it is real. YOU are nothing more than an ignorant twit who is so afraid of learning you are wrong that you won't read anything that doesn't come from your high priests.

Yeah, that's it exactly. I'm convinced the planet is doomed because that's easier than merely putting my head in the sand and ignoring reality while 'laughing' at those who don't.
Who do you think I am ?
You ?!?

Yeah, that's it exactly. I'm convinced the planet is doomed because that's easier than merely putting my head in the sand and ignoring reality while 'laughing' at those who don't.
Who do you think I am ?
You ?!?

No, I think you're somebodies sock based on how long you've been a member and how few posts you have.

No.

LOL.....right. I made all of this stuff up.
Been to TX lately ?

This is normally where someone decides to deluge (pun intended) you with facts, links, and research, all in some misguided attempt to convince you that 2+2 actually equals 4.
Not this time.
Not me.

I will simply identify you as the oxygen thief you truly are and giggle as you attempt to defend the indefensible.
Here's a little something to set you off:

You didn't reply to my post.

You ottha read your posts if you want to read dumb stuff.

Who was in charge ?

The largest natural disaster to hit the country and yes the left made political hay. Because the left thinks that big brother should take care of everything. Never mind that it is the responsibility of the governor, democrat, and the Mayor of NO to effect disaster response. Remember Negin not ordering an evacuation until it was too late. Then having the poor go to the super dome without provisions for food, water and sanitation? The parking lots full of school buses that could have been used? But that was Bush's fault because the mayor and governor apparently are too stupid to do what the rest, republican, governors and mayors did in response to the same disaster. It is really funny how the left doesn't think much of their own kind but don't mind using their ineptness for political fodder.

Yeah sure, you just happen to side with conservatives on almost every issue. It doesn't really matter what you think, I believe that 97% of scientist are more accurate sources than you and the rest of the uninformed conservatives who keep denying what the experts say.

it was left wing policy that lead to most of the deaths.

What exact policy was that? The real tragedy was that Bushwhacked didn't do much other than fly over the area and agree that it was a "disaster"?

Yeah your heart goes out to them but not so much as to not use a weather related tragedy to spread your partisan brand of hate.

Once again: You choose to deny science. This is not a "weather related tragedy" alone although I can't say whether it is or not. I am not a scientist.

What the scientists are saying is our climate globally is changing in fundamental ways. Remeber the science is always true whether you believe it or not.

Once again I hope you will wake up from your Fucks Nuse slumber party and learn the consequences of your own actions. CO2 in the atmosphere is not a laughing matter.

The 97%, is a myth and has been debunked so many times.
The 97 consensus myth busted by a real survey Watts Up With That

We’ve all been subjected to the incessant “97% of scientists agree …global warming…blah blah” meme, which is nothing more than another statistical fabrication by John Cook and his collection of “anything for the cause” zealots. As has been previously pointed out on WUWT, when you look at the methodology used to reach that number, the veracity of the result falls apart, badly. You see, it turns out that Cook simply employed his band of “Skeptical Science” (SkS) eco-zealots to rate papers, rather than letting all authors of the papers rate their own work (Note: many authors weren’t even contacted and their papers wrongly rated, see here). The result was that the “97% consensus” was a survey of the SkS raters beliefs and interpretations, rather than a survey of the authors opinions

Snip

Research conducted to date with meteorologists and other atmospheric scientists has shown that they are not unanimous in their views of climate change. In a survey of earth scientists, Doran and Zimmerman (2009) found that while a majority of meteorologists surveyed are convinced humans have contributed to global warming (64%), this was a substantially smaller majority than that found among all earth scientists (82%). Another survey, by Farnsworth and Lichter (2009), found that 83% of meteorologists surveyed were convinced human-induced climate change is occurring, again a smaller majority than among experts in related areas such as ocean sciences (91%) and geophysics (88%)

Yeah sure, you just happen to side with conservatives on almost every issue. It doesn't really matter what you think, I believe that 97% of scientist are more accurate sources than you and the rest of the uninformed conservatives who keep denying what the experts say.
keep spouting that 97% all it does is make you look like an ignorant fool.

How are we supposed to stop mother nature? Global warming cult have some magic powers they are not telling us?

If you would listen and not deny it, maybe your leaders would then listen to those who can come up with a plan to lessen the effects that are causing it. Denying it just allows the cause to continue.....conservatives are so worried about the debt, claim they don't want to leave it for their children and grandchildren, but they don't mind going against the fact that if we don't do something to get our environment under control, there won't be a "world" for their children and grandchildren. Think about that.

So we need to throw some virgins into the volcano?

When have so-called climate scientists ever even demonstrated the ability to predict the climate, let alone alter it?

The last thing we need to do is hand over control over our economy to a circus full of quacks, con artists and witch doctors.

Forum List

Back