Texas for Hillary

I have no problem with illegals getting driver's licenses, but I also think a very reasonable, sane free Voter ID card program and product make sense.

nah, there's all of europe too.
I've been there.....uh-uh.

This is the only country i know of that literally celebrates weakness.
Why is that?

It's the only country that let's people that hate us teach our kids to hate the United States and it's founders.
the operative word is let, or allow. that comes with the high price of defending ourselves and those other nations under our protective defense umbrella. they could give more back. people talk about how great european life is, how civilised.

the high price of defending those other nations under our protective defense umbrella is a lot, when we need the dough here at home to fix security and black lives genocide everyday in chicago. there are so many other inner cities plagued by this, but let's start with my home town in chicago. please and soon.

we allow our parents to teach their kids as they see fit because other countries don't.
we can always be strong as a nation and still have great political dissent. everyone was on the same page on 911. the first one, not benghazi.
Dissent is one thing.

These people train our kids to despise America.
Not at all. They teach the kids to despise the far right and alt right view of America.
no, actually they teach kids to hate the country and they teach white kids to hate themselves while giving the other race kids justification for attacking the white kids.
Its really not helpful at all.
The professors and teachers certainly don't teach far right and alt right cultural and racial taboos. And your conclusion simply reveals your insanity.

I have no problem with illegals getting driver's licenses, but I also think a very reasonable, sane free Voter ID card program and product make sense.
you could even use the license if it had a code to show it was or was not valid for voter ID. Its already coded for the types of vehicles you can drive, its coded for restrictions, glasses, etc... one more code is not going to cause any serious trouble or expense. Maybe even a different color background to show that it is not valid as a form of government ID.
As far as those that do not drive? allow them a free or extremely cheap state ID. Maybe just charge them for the cost of producing the ID. couldnt be more than 2 dollars if that.

Oh, shut up, you were not there. Carter was not at fault. The command group threw together on a shoe string an operation that was poorly organized with less than stellar equipment. The men, from the colonel, both on the strike force and the two back up groups, one in ____ and one at sea, were superb warriors. That's all you need to know: equipment strained beyond limits and a pilot's error (which may not have been avoidable).
I was in the Marine Corps at the time. I doubt you were old enough to vote, much less be in the service. Insult away, tell me to shut up or go fuck myself all you like, but the fact remains it was an ill-conceived and ill-supported mission. President Carter was the Commander in Chief and the failure was his responsibility. For you to blame the dead for the failure is both dishonorable and disrespectful of all who served on the mission.
I had been active Army as airborne infantry for some years by then, and, yes, DW, I very well know what I am talking about, far better than you, in this particular case. You are merely repeating what I am saying, except the difference is that Carter did the right thing in ordering the military to try and pull it off. I am not blaming the dead, but you are a fool if you think we as military men are not aware of all the mistakes that are made and the injuries and deaths that occur in battle.

I've been there.....uh-uh.

This is the only country i know of that literally celebrates weakness.
Why is that?

It's the only country that let's people that hate us teach our kids to hate the United States and it's founders.
the operative word is let, or allow. that comes with the high price of defending ourselves and those other nations under our protective defense umbrella. they could give more back. people talk about how great european life is, how civilised.

the high price of defending those other nations under our protective defense umbrella is a lot, when we need the dough here at home to fix security and black lives genocide everyday in chicago. there are so many other inner cities plagued by this, but let's start with my home town in chicago. please and soon.

we allow our parents to teach their kids as they see fit because other countries don't.
we can always be strong as a nation and still have great political dissent. everyone was on the same page on 911. the first one, not benghazi.
Dissent is one thing.

Not at all. They teach the kids to despise the far right and alt right view of America.
no, actually they teach kids to hate the country and they teach white kids to hate themselves while giving the other race kids justification for attacking the white kids.
The professors and teachers certainly don't teach far right and alt right cultural and racial taboos. And your conclusion simply reveals your insanity.
actually they do.
I had one of the psych class professors that was extremely liberal, if you wanted to fail a paper, all you had to do was write it in a way that showed you did not agree with his liberal mantra. God help you if you actually tried to voice an opinion that differed with his during class.

Dissent is one thing.

actually they do.
I had one of the psych class professors that was extremely liberal, if you wanted to fail a paper, all you had to do was write it in a way that showed you did not agree with his liberal mantra. God help you if you actually tried to voice an opinion that differed with his during class.
We had two con profs in my grad program that were that way. Any prof who indoctrinates should be fired.

Oh, shut up, you were not there. Carter was not at fault. The command group threw together on a shoe string an operation that was poorly organized with less than stellar equipment. The men, from the colonel, both on the strike force and the two back up groups, one in ____ and one at sea, were superb warriors. That's all you need to know: equipment strained beyond limits and a pilot's error (which may not have been avoidable).
I was in the Marine Corps at the time. I doubt you were old enough to vote, much less be in the service. Insult away, tell me to shut up or go fuck myself all you like, but the fact remains it was an ill-conceived and ill-supported mission. President Carter was the Commander in Chief and the failure was his responsibility. For you to blame the dead for the failure is both dishonorable and disrespectful of all who served on the mission.
I had been active Army as airborne infantry for some years by then, and, yes, DW, I very well know what I am talking about, far better than you, in this particular case. You are merely repeating what I am saying, except the difference is that Carter did the right thing in ordering the military to try and pull it off. I am not blaming the dead, but you are a fool if you think we as military men are not aware of all the mistakes that are made and the injuries and deaths that occur in battle.
Funny thing about battles in war. They dont always go exactly as planned.
if they did, nobody would ever have to die. Mistakes are made, some things overlooked or not considered, there are too many variables right down to how each service member is going to perform once the fighting or operation begins. I think Carter did the best that he could in that situation, I like to think that all involved did the best they could.

Dissent is one thing.

actually they do.
We had two con profs in my grad program that were that way. Any prof who indoctrinates should be fired.
In all fairness I had one that did the same from the conservative point of view The difference was he was willing to discuss with you if you had a different opinion. Of course, discuss with you meant at the end of the conversation he was still right. but he did not punish you with low grades for not agreeing.

the buck stop here is a great campaign slogan but the reality is that even the president cant control specific actions during war. He can get with his generals and work up a plan and he can approve it, but he does not pick the specific players. He also is not able to predict unforeseen or unplanned events that may or may not come about during any mission.
His buck stopped when he approved the mission as suggested by his advisers.
the only way the CIC could be considered at fault for things going wrong, unplanned things, would be if he put his old ass in the seat of the copter and lead the rescue himself. Im pretty sure he did not do that.
I personally did not like him as a president at the time, or as I reflect back years later, but in all fairness, he did, I think, everything he could do to get the hostages back alive.
Easy as shit to sit at my computer 30 years later knowing everything (that they tell us) that went wrong and suggest these things should have been considered, I am going out on a limb to say, the situation might be different if I had to have been the one making these decisions while the event was in play.
Still didnt like him though.I did like Reagan except for that horrific error of amnisty. Looking back (again) He should have known it was going to open a flood gate of illegals hoping to be here the next time it happened. But, looking back, we now have to realize that even suggesting its going to happen is going to cause a mad rush for our border. hillary knows this, and hillary is counting on it to increase the democrats numbers. She is selling out the country but this time she has the advantage of history to show her its a mistake, and she is going to do it anyway.
But back to Carter, the plan may have failed but I still think he tried and he showed the leadership that we expect from our president.
1) The Buck Stops Here isn't a campaign slogan. It's the realization that someone is ultimately responsible. In this case, as was the Osama bin Laden operation, it's the Commander in Chief.

2) Agreed a President can't control everything that happens. President Obama couldn't control the helo that crashed into the wall of the bin Laden compound. That could easily have been disastrous. OTOH, the CiC had, IIRC, three main options: Bomb the shit out of the compound, send in the SEAL team, ask the Pakistanis to take it. The President makes the decision as to which plan just as President Carter made the decision to attempt a rescue mission with a severely weakened and demoralized military using ill-maintained/supported equipment. Operation Eagle Claw wasn't his only option, but since he chose to execute it, he bears responsibility for the disaster.

actually they do.
In all fairness I had one that did the same from the conservative point of view The difference was he was willing to discuss with you if you had a different opinion. Of course, discuss with you meant at the end of the conversation he was still right. but he did not punish you with low grades for not agreeing.
i have seen profs like that. That is one of the strengths of RateMyProfessor, the online student rating the teacher website. Of course the problem remains that student continue to whine all the time that the teacher privileges other students who actually study and learn. No fair! :lol:

Prove you know better than me on this. I'm curious.

Disagreed. Carter's decision was as fucked up as Iran's was to send waves of kids into Iraqi machine guns screaming Allahu Akbar!

Again, you're blaming the dead for the failure of the mission proves to me you know a lot less about the operation and the military than you think you do.

Prove you know better than me on this. I'm curious. Disagreed. Carter's decision was as fucked up as Iran's was to send waves of kids into Iraqi machine guns screaming Allahu Akbar! Again, you're blaming the dead for the failure of the mission proves to me you know a lot less about the operation and the military than you think you do.
Why? You proved nothing, other than you can type. I disagree with you: Carter had to do something, in my opinion. You say I am blaming the dead, with no proof. Do you do that often: say things that simply are not so. I explained what happened at the end of the mission. That is not blaming, that is explaining. You made a judgement call not based on what I actually wrote. And, yes, on this case, I do know far better than you.

actually they do.
i have seen profs like that. That is one of the strengths of RateMyProfessor, the online student rating the teacher website. Of course the problem remains that student continue to whine all the time that the teacher privileges other students who actually study and learn. No fair! :lol:
I rate my professors online after every course. So far I have not had to give any of them low opinion.

actually they do.
I rate my professors online after every course. So far I have not had to give any of them low opinion.
I would suggest to support the good ones who get bad reviews online. A friend's daughter (niece?) became almost the RMP police in chewing out the lazy students she knew who were blaming the prof for their own mistakes. It was a small college so it was very hard for students to hide online.

Nope.

Hillary won't win Texas.

Last words of the desperate
because paying people to start fights a your opponent's rallies isn't desperate.
we're cool as cucumbers, you guys hate that.
Still selling that Breitbart/OKeefe shit?

Trump offered to pay the legal bills of his people that beat up hecklers

That is the asshole you are supporting
i'm sorry the truth is painful, but your political people just aren't the saints you want them to be.
the truth never has a price tag, only the hiding of it costs money. benghazi is a great example..

Nope.

Hillary won't win Texas.

because paying people to start fights a your opponent's rallies isn't desperate.

What kind of politicians send thugs to disrupt their opponents rallies? It's the kind of thing you expect in Africa, but I would have thought it would be beneath the Democrats. I am sure at one time it was, but what can you expect from a party with Hillary as a standard-bearer?

Nope.

Hillary won't win Texas.

What kind of politicians send thugs to disrupt their opponents rallies? It's the kind of thing you expect in Africa, but I would have thought it would be beneath the Democrats. I am sure at one time it was, but what can you expect from a party with Hillary as a standard-bearer?
bob beckel used to call republicans at 4 am and tell them to vote republican.

We have to keep an eye on Texas for the next two weeks

Recent polls have shown Trump dropping from a seven point lead to a two to four point lead

If it levels out, Trump probably holds Texas

If it drops to one or two points, I think Hillary will take it

Forum List

Back