Texas: Conservative Paradise, 25 Billion dollars in the hole.

This whole conversation is bullshit. First of all Texas is not a welfare State. Texas, on average receives only .94 cents for every dollar sent to Washington. Texas is a donor State, meaning it is myTexas tax dollars that help make up the budgets for other States.

Second, the whole debate is wrong to begin with. Texas has always followed a limited government, low taxation policy. Nothing has changed in the last 130 years. Our constitution is very restrictive and the State has to justify nearly everything they do by talking the voters into amending the constitution. One of the single largest expenditures the State has is federally mandated social welfare programs, for which we have to carry an unfair burden. These programs were forced on Texans and now we have to find a way to pay for them.

As far as Krugman is concerned he can choke on a fat one. This same smug SOB was telling the world in 2007 that everything was great and gold was going to start flowing out of our asses. He was wrong before and he is just as wrong now. He is a moron. Why anyone listens to him is beyond me. Texas will find a way to close this budget gap, without raising taxes, because any SOB that tries to raise takes is just telling everyone he doesn't plan on seeking re-election.
There is an audience for those such as Krugman.
As long as there is an audience, people like him get to keep writing and he continues to get paid.
Krugman is just another in a long line of elitist liberals. Elitists that look down upon us as the great unwashed masses. Krugman views himself as an intellectual who believes we need to be guided and told what to think.
I would be willing to wager that the only time Krugman has pent in Texas is at DFW waiting for a connecting flight to LA LA land or some other blue state enclave.
The only reason this thread was started was because of Krugman's OP Ed piece. The board libs jumped all all over this as though to say "see, I told ya!"....Bullcookies
I found laughable the thrust of Krugman's piece. That thrust was the absence of union representation of public sector workers. What nonsense!.
I'll take limited efficient government and low taxes over the absurdly high wages, bulbous benefits and ridiculous taxes any day of the week.

Forum List

Back