Texans!!!

It was a great game...but the Lions have come up just a little short for sooooo many games! Not that they're not playing good, it just isn't working for them. My son in the Army is a huge Lions fan, no matter what. But he said he's getting so nothing surprises him! Lol!

Texans won because of one of the dumbest rules I have ever seen in all of sports

How is throwing a flag on a reviewable play unsportsmanlike? Who does it hurt?

Just tell him to pick up the damned flag!

Makes me wish the replacement refs were back

I'm a Texan Fan, and I agree: The Texans stole the game, and should feel justifiably shitty for having won on a ridiculous technicality.

I'm sure the wheel will turn.

However I had one of the greatest days of my life watching that game and playing devil's advocate for the Lions with my 18 and 16 yo sons

Normally I would feel a little guilty about winning that way.
But Sue made those feelings of guilt magically disappear ....and Schwartz is a moron.

Guess we'll have to see you back in Houston for the AFC Championship and get it right next time. Go Ravens.

Starting to look like it'll be in our house.
So I'm not worried.

Better improve that secondary. They were sliced and diced the last two games. They never should have been that close.

Missing four or five starters on defense doesnt help. Especially when one is J Joe.
They'll all be back except for Reed(3 weeks) An of course Cushing is out for the season.
So still not worried.
The fact that were still winning with all those injuries makes me feel a lot better.

So I'm not worried.

Better improve that secondary. They were sliced and diced the last two games. They never should have been that close.

Missing four or five starters on defense doesnt help. Especially when one is J Joe.
They'll all be back except for Reed(3 weeks) An of course Cushing is out for the season.
So still not worried.
The fact that were still winning with all those injuries makes me feel a lot better.

Making for a fun NFL season here in H-Town.

So still not worried.

Making for a fun NFL season here in H-Town.

Fun? I like the blow outs better. My heart cant take this shit.

Texans won because of one of the dumbest rules I have ever seen in all of sports

There's a reason for the rule .....look it up.

Why would you come in here and complain when you dont even know the rules of the game?

I would love to hear the reason

It must be a good one if even you can't post it

Why would you come in here and complain when you dont even know the rules of the game?

Like I said ..look it up. Makes total sense.

Foster's knee hit the ground on the TD run, which should have been called back.

But, breaks are breaks, and the Texans got the big one against the Lions.

Like I said ..look it up. Makes total sense.

Post it or STFU

If you can't challenge, just have the refs ignore the red flag.....it ain't hard
Ever since they started replay there were plays that weren't challengeable. When a coach threw a flag the ref would just tell him the play is not challengeable and that was the end of it

No penalty and the game just went on

Last edited:

I'm a Texan Fan, and I agree: The Texans stole the game, and should feel justifiably shitty for having won on a ridiculous technicality.

I'm sure the wheel will turn.

However I had one of the greatest days of my life watching that game and playing devil's advocate for the Lions with my 18 and 16 yo sons

Normally I would feel a little guilty about winning that way.
But Sue made those feelings of guilt magically disappear ....and Schwartz is a moron.

Yup....my family are die-hard Lions fans....but like my son said, besides maybe 3 of the players (Stafford, Megatron, & another?) he doesn't like their attitudes, especially Suh! What an ass!

It's pay back for the Renfro TD in '79...

The WORST CALL EVER IN ALL OF THE NFL!!!!

So I'm not worried.

So still not worried.

Should make for an interesting week before the AFC Championship. If things play out the way they look on paper, between Houston and Baltimore one will be seeing Manning and the other, Brady!

Missed call, stupid rule but one of the better Thanksgiving day games it was my pleasure to watch.

The rule comes from the fact that the new rules require that ALL touchdowns be reviewed. Throwing the challenge flag is considered unsportsman-like because the coach knows that the play will be reviewed but is seeking to embarass the officials by throwing the flag and calling attention to the mistake. Stupid rule any way you look at it.

Missed call, stupid rule but one of the better Thanksgiving day games it was my pleasure to watch.

The rule comes from the fact that the new rules require that ALL touchdowns be reviewed. Throwing the challenge flag is considered unsportsman-like because the coach knows that the play will be reviewed but is seeking to embarass the officials by throwing the flag and calling attention to the mistake. Stupid rule any way you look at it.

Doesn't every red flag "embarrass" officials? Who cares?

It's probably going to be downgraded to a 5 yard delay of game penalty, which it really is. It also wouldn't effect the replay. The penalty now is much too draconian.

It's probably going to be downgraded to a 5 yard delay of game penalty, which it really is. It also wouldn't effect the replay. The penalty now is much too draconian.

The game is already being delayed for a replay. How is the flag delaying it more? Just ignore it and move on

The game is already being delayed for a replay. How is the flag delaying it more? Just ignore it and move on

You'd have coaches constantly throwing flags and picking them up, saying they didn't mean it, just to get more time.

You'd have coaches constantly throwing flags and picking them up, saying they didn't mean it, just to get more time.

Huh.....they only get two challenges

Who cares what the coach does while a play is being reviewed?

DING DING DING!!!! Winner!!!
I was trying to get RW to do her own research.

Forum List

Back