Testing for all Babyboomer's

The Center for Disease Control wants all baby boomer's to get tested for hepatitis C.
What gets me is they are assuming that all of us experimented with drug needles at least once during our life and then suggest that we don't remember it.
One in thirty have the virus, yet they want insurance companies to pay for the test to all 78 million of us.

Facts on how you may have gotten it:

People who are at risk for hepatitis C include:

Peopleborn between 1945 and 1965.
People who had blood transfusions or organ transplants before 1992.
People with tattoos or body piercings.
People who used intravenous drugs, even once.
People who work in a health care setting.
People with HIV.

Seems to me if you never did any of the above, chances are slim to none, that you are not infected and you are one of the 29 who don't have it.
It's the assumption that all baby boomer's fit into this category that really pisses me off.

Not all baby boomer's did needles, not all baby boomer's did piercings or tattoos.

Hepatitis C and the Baby Boomer Vietnam Veterans:

Of particular interest to VVA ( Vietnam Veterans of America ) is the apparently high prevalence among Vietnam veterans, particularly* those veterans who served "in country" (i.e., in the Vietnam theater of operations). Because of combat wounds,exposure to blood on the battlefield, and other factors that attend to the most basic and messy nature of warfare, a large number of veterans were exposed and are unaware that they should even be tested.
Legislative Issues
Veterans using VA facilities have higher rates of hepatitis C than the general population.
Hepatitis C Basics - Hepatitis C

C Co. 1st Bn 4th Marines Vietnam 67-68

Last edited:

Forum List

Back