Test out the new USMB Skin - Feedback appreciated

I too changed it to the old skin, and when I cleared out my cookies it kept the old skin setting. :dunno:

It seems to me it works just like any other setting under preferences, you don't have to reset them every time, it saves the setting.

Why yes. Yes, it does.

This is the first time I've logged in since I said that.

What? You never saw anybody piss and moan about something they didn't know what the heck they were talking about when they said it? Pft. Come on. Happens all of the time...

Well I took the graphics out of my sig line so I won't be using too much band width, but I much prefer the old skin. Easier to read and manage. But as in many things, a lot of us prefer what we're used to and are familiar with and don't have to think too much about it. And if the younger ones prefer the new skin that's great. Us old timers won't live forever. :)

...every single time you visit the web site, to be clear.

But whatever...
Set the forum cookie as permanent. Then when you empty the global cookie jar, it's left. If you're really nerdy and suspicious, then set the cookie's attributes to 'read-only' status.

I stole my sig line from the Robin Hood opening titles or whatever they're called.
I, too, turned off everybody elses sig lines after I did that, however.

But I only recently did that. I used to leave em all on, but then I saw them starting to get paragraphs long with different color fonts all over the place, so I turned em off.

Mine's only one sentence.

Set the forum cookie as permanent. Then when you empty the global cookie jar, it's left. If you're really nerdy and suspicious, then set the cookie's attributes to 'read-only' status.

The setting is remembered when you're logged in, so that's all okay.

So the only thing I would have left to bitch about (if I were to use the new theme/skin...which I'm not gonna now that I know it saves the setting when youre logged in) would be the too big fonts in the header tabs and the reduntant, forum/USMB tab.

The only tab I use, though, is the What's New/New Posts tab anyway.

So. now I would be down to just the too big fonts. And I'm not a fan of the font itself either. In fact, and placing the size of the font aside, I dislike that font quite a bit.

Last edited:
The setting is remembered when you're logged in, so that's all okay.

So the only thing I would have left to bitch about (if I were to use the new theme/skin...which I'm not gonna) would be the too big fonts in the header tabs and the reduntant, forum/USMB tab.

The only tab I use, though, is the What's New/New Posts tab anyway.

So. now I would be down to just the too big fonts. And I'm not a fan of the font itself either. In fact, and placing the size of the font aside, I dislike that font quite a bit.
Well, I would like to see a staff online display with the staff having to show their online status. That function has moved from mandated /on to what is now seemingly by the choice of the staff.

Regarding the forum software. I really used to like the member showing in the thread and there was no hidden status for anyone.

But the woke Karens are fundamentally changing our forum experience by new updates... because, like not owning anything, we will be happy, regardless. :cool:

• Eagle still missing in the USMB text, there is just a smartphone or something: 🦅
  • Logos missing for the subforums, there are just speech balloons.
...○
╔╩╗

5ht7zx.jpg

Working on a new skin. You can select it at the skin selector at the bottom of the page, via the User CP, or you can also select it by clicking this link: US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

You can also click the 'Change Width' in the footer to set it to maximize the forum content up to 95% instead of being a fixed width. I prefer the non-fixed width version.

In addition, I'm going to set a maximum size on the signature. Right now I've got it set to 120 pixels max. If your signature is larger than that it will get clipped on the new skin. It will stay full size on the old skin.
/——-/ I prefer the old one too. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it,

I'm an old lady. The "get the hell off my lawn" category. Therefore, since I loathe learning new things and like what I am familiar with...I'm sticking to the old skin. Like mine. :spinner:

Seems fine to me. Cleaner, more modern. Very progressive of you all. :auiqs.jpg:

I'll be using it for sure.

I figured I would get some feedback like that. I actually spent a lot of time squeezing more content onto the page on the new skin. Everything has reduced height... you'll do a lot less scrolling. Compare these two images. Same window... same page, same everything except the skin. Look how much further down on the page the content gets on the new skin vs. the old skin. I'm not understanding the "too narrow" part. Let me know what ya think.

Edit: Also, if you want it wider, as I mentioned in my first post click "Change Width" in the footer next to the style selector. It will go wider.

View attachment 817457View attachment 817458
I figured it was for phone people, but I hate my phone. :26:

Thank you for the mindful launch & great walk through. :)

In my opinion... just sayin.. the new skin will be THE skin, the "old" skin will not be a choice.
And there are reasons for that. Xenforo is not very customizable, especially over upgrades.
Xenforo will choose what very few skins they will allow, and if the old skin falls off. It falls off.
Most things that start off as a "choice"... end up as no choice.

I don't like it either.......words seem smaller and harder to read.......or maybe it's more glare to it.

Or maybe I need new glasses

Working on a new skin. You can select it at the skin selector at the bottom of the page, via the User CP, or you can also select it by clicking this link: US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

You can also click the 'Change Width' in the footer to set it to maximize the forum content up to 95% instead of being a fixed width. I prefer the non-fixed width version.

In addition, I'm going to set a maximum size on the signature. Right now I've got it set to 120 pixels max. If your signature is larger than that it will get clipped on the new skin. It will stay full size on the old skin.
This new skin sucks! Where at the bottom can you click to see new posts?

Forum List

Back