Tesla Model S Hits the Roads With Great Success!!!

This is why you guys have no credibility.

Nanoball technology is purely theoretical. IF it pans out it will change battery technology, but that is a dozen years offf - IF EVER. Yet here you are, promoting the fantasy that this is a current and usable technology.

You have zero credibility. I never promoted it as current usable technology. It is not purely theoretical because demonstration batteries have been built & tested.

You have zero credibility. I never promoted it as current usable technology. It is not purely theoretical because demonstration batteries have been built & tested.

Look dude, I'm in IT - I watch nanoball pretty closely - because IF it pans out, it will revolutionize the world of portable electronics. No longer will low performance devices to save power be the norm. I WANT this to work, I have a vested interest.

SO when you claimed "It is also possible to make more powerful, reliable, smaller, lighter batteries that fully recharge in 5 minutes," you got called on your lie.

No, it is NOT possible to make these. Someday it may be - but your claim is utterly false.

And this is why your types have zero credibility.

Look dude, I'm in IT - I watch nanoball pretty closely - because IF it pans out, it will revolutionize the world of portable electronics. No longer will low performance devices to save power be the norm. I WANT this to work, I have a vested interest.

SO when you claimed "It is also possible to make more powerful, reliable, smaller, lighter batteries that fully recharge in 5 minutes," you got called on your lie.

No, it is NOT possible to make these. Someday it may be - but your claim is utterly false.

And this is why your types have zero credibility.

You are the liar. It is possible to make that battery because they have already made & tested one. This is why you have no credibility.

The battery is not yet economically feasible but it is possible to make. You have been nailed on another lie.

Phys.org: Nanoball Batteries Could Charge Electric Cars in 5 Minutes - "To demonstrate the technology, the researchers fabricated a small battery that could be fully charged or discharged in 10 to 20 seconds, which would otherwise have taken six minutes. The scientists' tests showed that the new material degrades less than other battery materials after repeated charges and discharges."

You are the liar. It is possible to make that battery because they have already made & tested one. This is why you have no credibility.

The battery is not yet economically feasible but it is possible to make. You have been nailed on another lie.

Phys.org: Nanoball Batteries Could Charge Electric Cars in 5 Minutes - "To demonstrate the technology, the researchers fabricated a small battery that could be fully charged or discharged in 10 to 20 seconds, which would otherwise have taken six minutes. The scientists' tests showed that the new material degrades less than other battery materials after repeated charges and discharges."

So, your defense is that you're not lying, you're just too stupid to grasp the idea of "conceptual prototype?"

Fair enough.

Refueling is a major issue on Road Trips. Once they have that problem solved and a recharge takes the same amount of time to refuel you car they have over come a major obstacle. I just think that is going to take quite a while. In the mean time, electric cars are confined for use in the city and on golf courses.

Price is an issue also. You could solve refueling and range, but if price doesn't come down it will be an issue. However, the Model S is a step in the RIGHT direction. When the Model X comes out, the revolution will be in full effect. Call that Gen 2. I heard the Ford all electric is amazing. The Leaf II will be work on many of the kinks. Hopefully the Volvo drops the gas engine and goes all electric. Serving two gods turned out to be too much an issue. Chrysler is rolling out one. BMW, Audi, Toyota, Mitsubshi etc are all rolling on ones. Within 10 years all new cars will be electric!

I am no luddite. I love technology and have been supportive of electric technology. But I sure as hell hope you are wrong.

I'm not terribly worried about it. Switching to all electric new models is not going to happen in 20 years, say nothing about 10. We have zero infrastructure for it, and there are still way too many Americans not in a position to use electrics. I suspect electrics will stick around as a nitch. Maybe 5% of sales in 10 years for those willing to live with them for commuting. Maybe 10 or 15% in 25 years.

Hybrids I see being the true future. If someone can design and build a Volt style car that could be priced more in line with the Prius, we would see them fly off lots all over the country.

There are a number of charging stations in Portland, Oregon. And many more around the state.

Office of Innovative Partnerships and Alternative Funding Oregon's EV Charging Stations

So, your defense is that you're not lying, you're just too stupid to grasp the idea of "conceptual prototype?"

Fair enough.

Every concept in the world starts out as a conceptual prototype. I was long an adult with the 'conceptual prototype' of what we are using to communicate with was built.

Tesla stock (TSLA) was $25 a few months ago. Their stock just hit $97 this week. That is nearly a 400% increase. Tesla just became the first company to pay back all their government DOE loan.

11,000 orders that put a $5K deposit down. 5K cars delivered with 6K more to go! The electric car is the future and this is the start!

Quick Spin: 2013 Tesla Model S | Fox News
The battery-powered Tesla Model S is officially on the road, thanks in part to the aforementioned Department of Energy loan, but also the backing of many private investors – some of whom are named Brin and Page. Google it if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

The first customer cars are in the hands of their very patient depositors, and one or two cars are being built and shipped each day, a rate that will accelerate as production ramps up through the end of the year. By then, Tesla expects to have delivered 5,000 vehicles, which won’t even fill half of the 11,000 orders currently on its books. In other words, it’s off to a pretty good start.

The electric car has been around for over a century, when are progressives going to start looking at new technology instead of getting excited about old technology?

New technology can make old technology work. Understand?

Rich mans toy.

11,000 orders that put a $5K deposit down. 5K cars delivered with 6K more to go! The electric car is the future and this is the start!

The electric car is the future, but it is already here, has been for a few years now. And they aren't as pricey as a Tesla, nor as range limited.

2013-Chevy-Volt-commuter.jpg

Why do people always need reminding about the first cell phones and computers. Both were "rich man's toys," both were said they were never be affordable to the general public and both were around a long time before they were made affordable and mainstream. Now look were the cell phone and computer have come! Remember both the first cell phones and computers was 1000 fold more expensive then they are now!

Cellular-One_Bag-Phone_web.jpg

The-First-Computer.jpg

Yep,

Tech sometimes advances and becomes cheaper. The electric car could easily become the thing that over comes the gasoline engine.

Forum List

Back