Tesla Bankruptcy Looms!

Tesla Going At 'Warp Speed,' But Lags In Race To Produce Mass Market Electric Cars
gettyimages-882092962-38141ed4e5ecedf8ec34897248d109fbafac457e-s1500-c85.jpg

That's the Model 3. Pretty sharp. I love the glass roof.

Yeppers, especially out in the hot Sun.

Doesnt mean you can carry a spare battery.
Often argue with stuff things don't mean?

What does it matter if a battery is more efficient if there's nowhere to recharge it?
And you also get to pay premium prices to go along with that limitation.
Either you are blind, stupid, or purposely lying. Many malls, motels, and stores have charging stations right now, and Tesla has over 1000 supercharging stations right now in North America, and more being built as we post. Also, why would anyone buying an EV not put a charging connection in their home? Do you install washing machines without any plumbing? Premium prices? Link? Or is that something you just pulled out of your ass?

Wow. A whole 1,000. Care to guess how many gas stations there are in the USA? Here, I'll help, 114,533 at last estimate.
Do you realize how many homes there are in the US with electricity? Do you realize that these are only the Supercharging station, not the plugin's at motels, malls, and supermarkets? And as Tesla brings up the range of it's vehicles, the range will exceed what most of us wish to drive in a day. Unless you are on a trip, you can plug in at home for a cheaper rate, or, if you have adequate solar, into your own system for free.

Yeah, I do know. Clearly you don't. I have a solar system, it wasn't free. Where do you clowns come from. And, more to the point, using my albeit antiquated system, it would take 72 DAYS to recharge a tesla.

Well, todays systems are far better than what you have. And far cheaper. Wake up, Gramps, this is not 1970 anymore. A grid-tie 10 kw system package, panels, wires, inverter, about $10,500. And that price will be less next year.

Republicans are desperate to keep the Middle East’s oil industry roaring
Gasoline is ideal for cars.

Diesel is ideal for big trucks.

Hydroelectric power is ideal for cities -- speaking of which goddam California needs to dam more canyons and build more hydroe plants.

Coal fired electricity is ideal for Midwestern and New England and Southern states that have no dams.

Nuclear power is ideal for aircraft carriers and submarines.

God has already sorted all this out.

The morons who inhabit the planet and are called humans just need to get a clue.

So, I was driving to work one morning on the freeway and headed down a long off ramp that leads to a city intersection.

In the middle -- not on the shoulder -- of the roadway was a Tesla dead in the water. All the gasoline cars were wending their way around it.

So I stopped and asked the guy, "Do you need a jump start?"

"No," he replied, "you can't jump start a Tesla."

"Oh, ok, do you need a tow?" I answered.

"No, I already called Triple-A," he said.

"Ok, I guess you're all set then, bye!" and I went on my way.

Can't jump start a Tesla -- that would be a major hurtle for me.

Bummer.

:D

Well, todays systems are far better than what you have. And far cheaper. Wake up, Gramps, this is not 1970 anymore. A grid-tie 10 kw system package, panels, wires, inverter, about $10,500. And that price will be less next year.

Yes, they are, and they are still not very good. For life off the Grid they are essential, and when the storms are blowing, and the power lines are down, we still have power for up to 10 hours which is very nice, but ultimately the Grid is essential.

not sure what subsidies you’re referring to.
Here.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to subsidies for people buying ICE cars, not the fuel source for those cars. That is quite a different matter. Fossil fuels are not only used in ICE, but also heating homes, running machinery and manufacturing. Your comparison fails.
No, your comparison/rationalization fails. Wind and solar electric is also widely used to heat homes, run machinery, and manufacture. Wake up.

So, I was driving to work one morning on the freeway and headed down a long off ramp that leads to a city intersection.

In the middle -- not on the shoulder -- of the roadway was a Tesla dead in the water. All the gasoline cars were wending their way around it.

So I stopped and asked the guy, "Do you need a jump start?"

"No," he replied, "you can't jump start a Tesla."

"Oh, ok, do you need a tow?" I answered.

"No, I already called Triple-A," he said.

"Ok, I guess you're all set then, bye!" and I went on my way.

Can't jump start a Tesla -- that would be a major hurtle for me.

Bummer.

Had a dog once. Died. Bummer.

Here.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to subsidies for people buying ICE cars, not the fuel source for those cars. That is quite a different matter. Fossil fuels are not only used in ICE, but also heating homes, running machinery and manufacturing. Your comparison fails.
No, your comparison/rationalization fails. Wind and solar electric is also widely used to heat homes, run machinery, and manufacture. Wake up.

True, but we are, or at least I was, referring to subsidies for cars, not fuel or power. Tesla sales would plummet if the buyers were not getting tax payer money to help purchase the cars they produce.

True, but we are, or at least I was, referring to subsidies for cars, not fuel or power. Tesla sales would plummet if the buyers were not getting tax payer money to help purchase the cars they produce.
As would everything currently powered by highly govt subsidized fossil fuels. It's you - clearly, desperately, deliberately, repeatedly - missing the point.

As would everything currently powered by highly govt subsidized fossil fuels. It's you - clearly, desperately, deliberately, repeatedly - missing the point.

The point is Tesla would have failed long ago without the government giving money to people to buy their cars. Go ahead and end subsidies for fossil fuels. Then watch the cost of driving your car go up, but not enough to convince you to buy a Tesla. Sorry sport, you took a tangent and ran into a brick wall.

The point is Tesla would have failed long ago without the government giving money to people to buy their cars.
That is an abomination of logic in so many ways it deserves its own topic, but nice try. I'm sure something will continue trickling down upon your head from the billionaire club to compensate your stubbornness here - in your imagination at least.

Why do you think these cars will have to subsidized? As the prices for the batteries comes down, and the energy density goes up, they will not only compete head on with the ICE's, they will do so very successfully.
It is not that we think, they have to be subsidized. It is the fact that they are subsidized!

Solar and Wind are not used to manufacture either Wind or Solar components. That is done with coal and amounts of electricity neither solar nor wind can provide. Those are facts. If you think differently how about showing us how a, "submerged electric arc furnace" operates without coal and uses pure solar power.

Here.

Only in fantasyland. Renewables aren't consistent enough with their generation so industry MUST use fossil fuel powered or hydroelectric (the sole renewable that is consistent) power generation systems because they can't afford the damage done to machinery when the "green" energy system fails. As they do so frequently.

Analysis | Sleepless nights, broken robots and mounting pressure: Musk offers rare glimpse inside Tesla’s ‘production hell’

Tesla is mired in what is probably the hardest portion of that test, and it’s beginning to show. Minutes after the company reported a loss of $671.1 million for the third quarter, Wednesday, Musk’s voice sounded monotone, dispassionate and a more than a tinge irritable. The company hoped to produce 1,500 Model 3s during that period, but managed only 260.

Only in fantasyland. Renewables aren't consistent enough with their generation so industry MUST use fossil fuel powered or hydroelectric (the sole renewable that is consistent) power generation systems because they can't afford the damage done to machinery when the "green" energy system fails. As they do so frequently.
Yes, heavily subsidized coal and oil power MUST eventually be replaced with far more consistent battery stored power akin to Tesla Powerwall technology. But nice red herring. The point was solar and wind are used. No one even suggested fossil sources played no role currently. But go nuts why don't ya?

Forum List

Back