Terry Schiavo

I normally do not talk about my personal life online. However...

my ex-wife is dying from a brain tumor (caused by the radiation treatments for retinoblastoma she had as a child). Most of it was removed over a year ago with surgery, and then radiation. It's begun growing again, aggressively, and surgery may not be an option this time. They are not sure there 'is' an option this time.

we've been divorced since 2005, separated since 2001.

She has asked me to make her medical decisions, should she become incapable of doing so. Not her parents, but her ex husband.

The idea of Terry Schiavo's ex husband being the best person to make medical decisions on her behalf is perfectly reasonable to me. Apparently, it's reasonable to my ex as well.
it is reasonable 99.9% of the time, 100% of the time if you are talking about the law of the land....and in your case, your ex wife CHOSE you to make her final decisions....

terry and her hubby were married a very short time period, he had a new wife and kids so to say, who he should put first.

I do not believe terry's wishes were for-filled by him, or could be, on a fair basis....I do not believe she was in any where near the same circumstances as karen ann quinlan, in the movie she was watching when her husband SAYS she said she did not want to live like her....

also, my husband would never ever pull the plug on me or rather kill me through not allowing me to eat or drink and would never ever kill me if my parents begged him to let them provide for me, even in a vegetative state.

the whole thing was disheartening, to say the least.

It was disheartening. What was even more disheartening is that a private family matter became a public, political football played with by many "well meaning" outsiders.
yes, very true....it was made a public fiasco, and i too just hated all of that....but i know what i know, and i know what i feel on the topic...and that won't change. sad all around

I was unaware the government was supposed to help her husband kill her.

Having seen the videos, she was pretty darn responsive for being "brain dead".

I just hope that those who were in favor of her dying never have to experience the same method of death themselves.

Let's take these one by one.

You were unaware because that's not the issue.

It was determined in the autopsy that her doctor was right and that she had no real brain function left. Remember that she was in this condition for more than 15 years.

I just hope that those who were in favor of her dying never have to experience the same method of death themselves.

Agreed. But studies have shown that patients who have their feeding tubes removed, such as the case of Schiavo, usually have a peaceful death.

Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if I'm ever in her condition and my family makes a decision I do NOT want the federal, state or local governments to supercede my family's decision. Or you, for that matter.

That decision belongs to the family and ONLY the family. Not outsiders or the fucking government.

She came to the end she did because she was a white Christian woman. If she were black and a judge ordered her death, or if she were Jewish, would this have happened?

I mentioned this on Mark Levin's show and I got a perma-ban for it

She came to the end she did because she was a white Christian woman. If she were black and a judge ordered her death, or if she were Jewish, would this have happened?

No judge "ordered" her death, rather responsibity for what happened to her was confirmed to be her husband's. I don't see what being a white woman had to do with it. The ruling would have been the same, if she was black or Jewish, IMO.

Who was speaking for her rights?

Have you ever been in a vegatitive state? Whats it like? Do you feel pain? The pain of starvation? The pain of dying a terrible death?

Doctors may say those things but how do we know?

Her husband was. Who would know better what her wishes were? I have yet to hear anyone say, "if there's no hope, keep me alive anyway".

Same husband that was laying with another woman? Thru his ordeal just banging another woman on a daily basis?

Having children with this other woman? Same husband who got the insurance money?

Let's take these one by one.

You were unaware because that's not the issue.

It was determined in the autopsy that her doctor was right and that she had no real brain function left. Remember that she was in this condition for more than 15 years.

Agreed. But studies have shown that patients who have their feeding tubes removed, such as the case of Schiavo, usually have a peaceful death.

Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if I'm ever in her condition and my family makes a decision I do NOT want the federal, state or local governments to supercede my family's decision. Or you, for that matter.

That decision belongs to the family and ONLY the family. Not outsiders or the fucking government.

Only the family? Well then, her blood relatives her mother and her father wanted to take care of her and were willing to take care of Terri.

Her so called husband who was banging another chick on a nightly basis thru all these court reviews wanted Terri dead.

So what are you blathering about when you are talking family? Parents who loved her and had the means to continue care for her?

Or for a fornicating prick of a husband who is banging the shit out another **** on a nightly basis who wants his wife dead?

Have you ever been in a vegatitive state? Whats it like? Do you feel pain? The pain of starvation? The pain of dying a terrible death?

Her husband was. Who would know better what her wishes were? I have yet to hear anyone say, "if there's no hope, keep me alive anyway".

Same husband that was laying with another woman? Thru his ordeal just banging another woman on a daily basis?

Having children with this other woman? Same husband who got the insurance money?

He must be a stud to be banging this other woman on a daily basis. My experience is that after the "honeymoon" wears off, the woman usually isn't interested in banging every day.

All kidding aside, 10 years is a long time to be expected to put your sex life on hold, especially when you know your sex partner is brain dead.

I have no problem whatsoever getting down and dirty in a mudpit on this.

To think that any person of any rational thought could justify allowing a woman to starve to death and to dehydrate to death as a means of mercy killing is outrageous and insane.

And completely explains the democrat thought process of today.

He must be a stud to be banging this other woman on a daily basis. My experience is that after the "honeymoon" wears off, the woman usually isn't interested in banging every day.

All kidding aside, 10 years is a long time to be expected to put your sex life on hold, especially when you know your sex partner is brain dead.

Michael could have moved on. He wanted her dead. He wanted to punish her parents for wanting to keep her alive.

He is one sick fucking puppy this beast of a pig.

The husband that took her to get therapy for YEARS. He realized it was hopeless and moved on with his life. Who's going to blame him for that? The blame, if any, goes to the family that turned her last days into a sideshow. This is just another cheap shot at a guy that did his best, IMO. What you're talking about happened a long time down the road from the original injury. If it happened in that first year, you might have a point, but since it didn't, it's just another trashing of a guy that did things right. He took her to therapy, when there was hope, and followed her wishes, when hope was gone. How do I "know" it was her wish? Only because I've never heard anyone say, "if there's no hope, keep me alive anyway".

Michael could have moved on. He wanted her dead. He wanted to punish her parents for wanting to keep her alive.

He is one sick fucking puppy this beast of a pig.

Her family members were the ones acting piggish. They didn't want to give up playing with their "Terry doll", regardless of what the doctors were telling them.

Remember her all you flag wavin', mother lovin', apple pie eatin' Repugs?

The Florida Woman, whose husband wanted to remove a feeding tube, she was in a "Persistant Vegetative State".

What did the Repug Majority in the House and in The Senate Do (They did have the Majority in both Houses at the time.)?

They passed a bill that prevented the husband from the removing the tube.and the former Deserter-In-Chief, the shrub himself to sign it.

The very best of "Big Government" interfering in a Medical Decision.

The bill was later deemed Un-Constitutional.

How many of you ConJobs/NeoNuts/Repugs/TeaHadists were cheering on that butt wad from Texas Paul last night?

Hypocrite much?

Weren't you guys, in a thread just yesterday, whining about the evils of "letting people just die"?

Let's see. Terri falls into a coma in 1990 and he's busy banging Cindi in 1991 and then finds his permanent lover Jodi Anne in 1992.

Yeah, he was really keeping his dick in his pants because he loved his wife:lol: for a whole couple of months that we know about.

What a champ!

The Florida Woman, whose husband wanted to remove a feeding tube, she was in a "Persistant Vegetative State".

What did the Repug Majority in the House and in The Senate Do (They did have the Majority in both Houses at the time.)?

They passed a bill that prevented the husband from the removing the tube.and the former Deserter-In-Chief, the shrub himself to sign it.

How many of you ConJobs/NeoNuts/Repugs/TeaHadists were cheering on that butt wad from Texas Paul last night?

Hypocrite much?

Weren't you guys, in a thread just yesterday, whining about the evils of "letting people just die"?

Non-sequitur, There's a big difference between hope and no hope.

No judge "ordered" her death, rather responsibity for what happened to her was confirmed to be her husband's. I don't see what being a white woman had to do with it. The ruling would have been the same, if she was black or Jewish, IMO.

You really are one of the dumbest people I ever met in my life.

What did you think was going to happen when they removed the feeding tubes at the judges orders?

You starve someone to death and applaud said starving makes you an ugly ugly excuse of a human being.

There is no excuse whatsoever of what happened to Terri Schiavo. We even have the decency as humans to euthanize dogs and cats at their end time.

But for those who rejoiced at starving and dehydrating a woman to death, I have twelve words for you.

I hope you rot in hell and bear an eternity of pain.

What did you think was going to happen when they removed the feeding tubes at the judges orders?

You're the dumb one. Apparently you don't know the difference between "order" and "permission"!!! :cuckoo:

The husband that took her to get therapy for YEARS. He realized it was hopeless and moved on with his life. Who's going to blame him for that? The blame, if any, goes to the family that turned her last days into a sideshow. This is just another cheap shot at a guy that did his best, IMO. What you're talking about happened a long time down the road from the original injury. If it happened in that first year, you might have a point, but since it didn't, it's just another trashing of a guy that did things right. He took her to therapy, when there was hope, and followed her wishes, when hope was gone. How do I "know" it was her wish? Only because I've never heard anyone say, "if there's no hope, keep me alive anyway".
that should be up to the individual and everyone should get a living will to state how they feel about it....and without a living will or very clear will from the victim themselves or their family's view of their will, then the patient is kept on organ life support....

at least this is the ruling from the karen ann quinlan case.

they took the ORGAN life support(ventilator) off of Karen but continued to feed her through a tube or intravenously, until she died...nearly 10 years later from pneumonia....they NEVER STOPPED FEEDING HER to let her die from starvation or dehydration....

i have a huge problem with not giving anyone hydration, in order to make them die....brain dead, retarded, whomever....nutrition and water should be given. taken off a ventilator or any kind of organ life support to allow them to die...i have no problems.....

killing a person through not giving them water, is a whole nuther story....

You're the dumb one. Apparently you don't know the difference between "order" and "permission"!!! :cuckoo:

I can't bear your level of stupid. I won't respond any more

Hypocrite much?

It's big government to protect innocent people from being methodically and intentionally starved to death?

Liberals do love their meme that conservatives hate government. We recognize the need for government when used appropriately. Saving a woman from being tortured and executed just because her bigamous husband suddenly remembered that's what she would have wanted after he ran through her money is a good use of government.

p.s., I'm not cheering Perry but my reasons aren't as simplistic as the kind of scenario fact-challenged liberals want to set up for conservatives to respond to.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back