Terrorist on suspected suicide mission to blow up capital arrested

• Banned
Snip

The statement said the arrest “was the culmination of a lengthy and extensive operation during which the individual was closely and carefully monitored.”

The statement did not provide other details, but a U.S. official said a man in his 30s and of Moroccan descent was picked up near the Labor Department on his way to the Capitol for what he thought would be a suicide attack. He was carrying with him a vest supposedly packed with explosives, but the material actually was not dangerous, officials said.

The man thought undercover FBI agents assisting him were members of the al-Qaeda terrorist network, officials said.

“We can confirm that there has been an arrest of a suspect in Washington, D.C. in connection with a terrorism investigation,” said Peter Carr, a spokesman for U.S. Attorney Neil H. MacBride in Virginia, where the investigation is centered.

“The arrest was the culmination of an undercover operation during which the suspect was closely monitored by law enforcement,” Carr said in a statement. “Explosives the suspect allegedly sought to use in connection with the plot had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement and posed no threat to the public. Additional information will be forthcoming at the appropriate time.”

The Moroccan man entered the United States with a family member, and at some point, he came to the attention of the FBI, said a law enforcement official.

Did the patriot act just save untold numbers of lives and millions in damage?

Err uh no it didn't, i mean YES of course it did! Big Brother is awesome!

My point was that it could have and we just don't know yet. Withholding judgment would be prudent.

Hey, i didn't say anything. I love Big Brother. What, do you think i feel differently? Because i don't. Big Brother is awesome and is always right. The Patriot Act and NDAA were the greatest things ever invented. We need more Big Brother Laws just like them. Lets hope Big Brother does that for us. :)

Last edited:
Err uh no it didn't, i mean YES of course it did! Big Brother is awesome!

My point was that it could have and we just don't know yet. Withholding judgment would be prudent.

Hey, i didn't say anything. I love Big Brother. What, do you think i feel differently? Because i don't. Big Brother is awesome and is always right. The Patriot Act and NDAA were the greatest things ever invented. We need more Big Brother Laws just like those. Lets hope Big Brother does that for us. :)

Why the sarcasm? It's really not necessary.

Forum List

Back