Terrorist Killed Legal or Illegal?

From your link:
The US government has authorised the capture or killing of radical Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki,

The capture had been authorized for years, Obama signed his death order.

What does being American have to do with it?

Should Lincoln have tried to arrest every Confederate soldier, instead of sending armies to kill them?

Your suppose to at least make an attempt to do it in the alive category first. We jumped to three Hellfire missiles at once. Killed six other people at the same time.

No we did not "jump to three hellfire at once." We have been attempting to apprehend the man for some time now, and made a good faith effort to take him alive.

The Moral of the Story is if you don't want to get a hellfire up your ass, don't deliberately hide out where you know we can not touch you by any other means other than Air Strike, or a very risky Commando Raid.

This was no Bin Laden, we were not going to risk Special Forces lives to try and take him Alive where he was, simple as that.

The Constitution is not intended to restrict the government from protecting its people from sworn enemies…

The Constitution was intended to restrict the government from violating the rights of persons in and subject to its jurisdiction in the context of the rule of law. This includes the right of due process with regard to persons suspected of a crime; the government’s law enforcement activities must comport to these restrictions.

…that have proved beyond doubt to have attacked the nation before.

That one may have committed a similar crime in the past is not ‘proof’ he’ll commit a similar crime in the future. And if the evidence is so overwhelming as to guilt, there should be no problem obtaining an indictment and conviction.

"He got what was coming to him". There is a minor problem with that sort of reasoning. Who determines whether he "got what was coming to him"? It used to be the Constitution. Now the neo-fascist left thinks it's fine for the president to sign a death warrant as long as the target "got what was coming to him". Ever wonder how nazis gained and retained power? Look at the little nazis on the left today who justify murder as long as their guy signs the paper.

He did when he helped to land a jumbo jet on a couple thousand work cubicles.

I hope it took a wet-vac to pick up his pieces

:evil:

Your suppose to at least make an attempt to do it in the alive category first. We jumped to three Hellfire missiles at once. Killed six other people at the same time.

No we did not "jump to three hellfire at once." We have been attempting to apprehend the man for some time now, and made a good faith effort to take him alive.

The Moral of the Story is if you don't want to get a hellfire up your ass, don't deliberately hide out where you know we can not touch you by any other means other than Air Strike, or a very risky Commando Raid.

This was no Bin Laden, we were not going to risk Special Forces lives to try and take him Alive where he was, simple as that.

This guy planned the most dangerous and successful missions since 9/11. He recruited very well and was the most dangerous according to the US governemnt. Your point is shaky at best. Made far more attempts at Bin Laden. If they wanted to go after him the way they did, they should have had a trial in absentia and found him guilty first.

"He got what was coming to him". There is a minor problem with that sort of reasoning. Who determines whether he "got what was coming to him"? It used to be the Constitution. Now the neo-fascist left thinks it's fine for the president to sign a death warrant as long as the target "got what was coming to him". Ever wonder how nazis gained and retained power? Look at the little nazis on the left today who justify murder as long as their guy signs the paper.

The neo-fascist left? Nice hyperbole. Get a grip.

The guy was an enemy combatant. He and his cohorts understood what they were doing. Their citizenship is irrelevant, as stated in ex parte Quirin.
Rest in Hell, you motherfucker.

Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn "declared war" against America, and there's actual physical proof that they killed people...How are they doing today?

They should have been dealt with the same way this puke was! I would have had no problem with that, and I have no problem with this. All I see, is a dead enemy.

This guy planned the most dangerous and successful missions since 9/11. He recruited very well and was the most dangerous according to the US governemnt. Your point is shaky at best. Made far more attempts at Bin Laden. If they wanted to go after him the way they did, they should have had a trial in absentia and found him guilty first.

I suppose the other six didn't "need killing" either? Excuse me for not seeing dead enemy combatants as "collateral damage".

Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn "declared war" against America, and there's actual physical proof that they killed people...How are they doing today?
Oh yeah...McVeigh and Kaczynski actually killed people first-hand, and managed to get trials.

And I had addressed this point but you seem to have ignored it. He was not in a location that made capture or arrest possible, they were. Simple as that. You hid in a nation that we cannot go into and get you and then proceed to actively engage hostilities against our nation you will be stopped. PERIOD.

It seems to me that you are all missing the fact that he was actively engaging in acts against the nation. I guess that if he were launching missiles over here we would simply have to take it right? After all, he needs a trial. Sorry but the military does not work that way. I don't care if the bombs come in the form of a rocket or a pair of underwear, they amount to the same thing and require the same actions. IF the individual is in a location that allows for capture with acceptable risks, we capture. If he is not, we kill. There is no way around that. What the hell do you expect our military to do in these situations where capture simply is not feasible?

What I see here are those that wish to damage the current Presidency using any excuse to do so.

The man was actively engaged in actions meant to kill US Citizens, and damage our government. He was not in a place where we could have feasably captured him. Perhaps we should have a policy of trying, in absent, traitors, and condemning them to death. But doing so right before a strike would be warning enough to abort the strike.

Get real, folks. We had a dangerous enemy that was determined to harm our nation and the citizens of the nation. We took him out. A job well done.

Bush changed the laws regarding "enemy combatants". If the right has a problem with this killing, they should talk to him. As for the terrorist, good riddance. May he fry in Hell for all eternity.

And yeah, dud, if Ayers had been put on a dead or alive list the police or the FBI would have been justified in shooting him dead at the time.

There is no wanted dead or alive FBI list for US citizens.

There is a Top 10 Most Wanted.

Every person on there has a disclaimer to not even approach these people as they are armed and dangerous.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back