Terrorism or Free Speech?

With a name like "Hassan", you can bet it was terrorism.

Wait....am I still allowed to say that? :laughing0301:

The hater definitely crossed the line, but one million bond? He's being charged with ethnic intimidation, among other things

{The Dearborn man believes his arrest violates his freedom of speech.}

He's right.

Has the "judge" ever heard of the Bill of Rights?

With a name like "Hassan", you can bet it was terrorism.

Wait....am I still allowed to say that? :laughing0301:
That's my fear. Soon you won't be able to say blacks are disproportionately thieves and petty criminals.

This guy went well beyond that, but $1,000000 bond?

{The Dearborn man believes his arrest violates his freedom of speech.}

He's right.

Has the "judge" ever heard of the Bill of Rights?
He screamed at a mother and her young child entering a synagogue. He told them they were gonna die. Does that change your opinion?

That's my fear. Soon you won't be able to say blacks are disproportionately thieves and petty criminals.

This guy went well beyond that, but $1,000000 bond?

Under the United States Constitution, you can SAY any fucking thing you like. If he made threats or engaged in violent acts that's difference,

Some cities have "disturbing the peace" ordinances outside of places of worship, but they arrested him for speech.

Right out of Nazi Germany.

He screamed at a mother and her young child entering a synagogue. He told them they were gonna die. Does that change your opinion?

No.

If he said he was going to kill them, then he could be arrested for making threats.

Sorry, we used to have a 1st Amendment - and I'm a "clinger" as Barry Da Fairy put it, I cling to the Constitution, even though it's been revoked.

Sounds like hate speech and/or infringing on rights of others. Free speech does not equate to a right to be heard or infringe on the rights of others.

Under the United States Constitution, you can SAY any fucking thing you like. If he made threats or engaged in violent acts that's difference
Sounded like a threat to me. When questioned by the cops he admitted he was on his way to another synagogue. He does seem to be hateful enough to carry out a terrorist act.

BTW, the First Amendment does NOT grant freedom to say ANYTHING.

The Founders added it to give the citizen the right to criticize Political and RELIGIOUS leaders, not to intimidate other citizens

Sounds like hate speech and/or infringing on rights of others. Free speech does not equate to a right to be heard or infringe on the rights of others.

How does it "infringe" the rights of others?

Back when we used to be a free country, we had freedom OF speech, not freedom FROM speech.

If he was disturbing the peace, which it sounds like he was, arrest him for that - but this bullshit "Ethnic Intimidation" is right out of "1984" - bad speak, bad think.

Sounded like a threat to me. When questioned by the cops he admitted he was on his way to another synagogue. He does seem to be hateful enough to carry out a terrorist act.

BTW, the First Amendment does NOT grant freedom to say ANYTHING.

The Founders added it to give the citizen the right to criticize Political and RELIGIOUS leaders, not to intimidate other citizens

I'm no fan of Muzzie Beasts, but you said it yourself, criticize Political and RELIGIOUS leaders. He was criticizing religion.

IF he had threatened anyone, that's what he would have been arrested for, not some half-baked "illegal speech" laws.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The 1st Amendment is to protect debate, it's not up for debate.

I'm no fan of Muzzie Beasts, but you said it yourself, criticize Political and RELIGIOUS leaders. He was criticizing religion.

IF he had threatened anyone, that's what he would have been arrested for, not some half-baked "illegal speech" laws.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The 1st Amendment is to protect debate, it's not up for debate.
Agreed. Hate speech is an anomaly that is inconsistently applied and interpreted by the people who created it.

"Ethnic intimidation"? Could anyone of us be charged with that statute is Big Brother took an interest in us?
my buddy got 60 days in jail for ethnic intimidating back in the early 90s for calling a burger king clerk a dumbass ni**er. it happens. And yes he was an asshole.

my buddy got 60 days in jail for ethnic intimidating back in the early 90s for calling a burger king clerk a dumbass ni**er. it happens. And yes he was an asshole.
Wow. I didn't even know it was a crime. What if Big Brother decided to investigate USMB for "ethic intimidation"? Did I intimidate illegal aliens? There is no real intimidation involved in your friend's racist insult. How can the government take away two months of his life for saying the N bomb when they don't prosecute shop lifters and assaults and robberies are set free every day.

Wow. I didn't even know it was a crime. What if Big Brother decided to investigate USMB for "ethic intimidation"? Did I intimidate illegal aliens? There is no real intimidation involved in your friend's racist insult. How can the government take away two months of his life for saying the N bomb when they don't prosecute shop lifters and assaults and robberies are set free every day.
trust me johnny earned his time in jail.

Forum List

Back