Terri Schiavo's Husband: Jeb Bush 'Put Me Through Hell'

Do you think a court should decide whether YOU live or die? I mean we are not talking about a criminal trial where the death penalty is an option. We are talking about a court deciding whether YOU have the right to live, simply because someone wants YOU dead. Do you want a court deciding that?
It was the Schindlers who went to the Courts in the first place, dingleberry.

WRONG LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Point out the lie. There is none/

It was the Schindlers who went to Court first to fight.

I agree!

Government involvement in the Terri Schiavo case - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
It depends on who went to court and for what reasons.

The first court involvement came in June, 1990, one month after Terri went into a coma, establishing Michael Schiavo as Terri's legal guardian.

Then came an out of court settlement over malpractice in August, 1992, followed up with a separate court victory over malpractice just 3 months later.

In July, 1993, the Schindler's went to court to have Michael's guardianship revoked. Seven months later, a guardian ad litem issued a report to the court that Michael had been acting "appropriately" and "attentively."

In May, 1997, Michael requests the Courts notify the Schindler's of all legal filings, as he was preparing to begin legal proceedings to have Terri's feeding tube removed.

May, 1998, Michael Schiavo petitions the court for the authority to remove Terri's feeding tube.

December, 1998, a second guardian ad litem reports to the court that Terri is in a persistent vegetative state with no chance of recovery. He adds that Michael's decision-making may be motivated by the money he would inherit.

The trial begins in January, 2000 and ends the following month with the court ruling in Michael Schiavo's favor.

In March, 2000, the Schindler's petition the court to test if Terri could consume food. The court denies that but grants Michael's petition to limit visitation.

In early 2001, the Schindler's and Michael Schiavo go to the court repeatedly over a level battle to remove Terri's feeding tube.

April 24, 2001, Terri's feeding tube is removed. The Schindler's file an emergency motion to have the tube put back. That's denied but a second motion, based on the claim that Michael perjured himself, is approved and Terri is put back on a feeding tube.

For the next 4 years, the two sides battle it out in court. By 2005, the Florida state legislature would get involved, as did the U.S. Congress. Florida's governor and his brother, President Bush tried to block the court's approval to allow Terri Schiavo the right to die. The Schindler's tried getting the Florida Supreme Court to stay the decision, and then the U.S. Supreme Court to stay it, but neither court would hear the case.

The legal battles between both sides continue until the end of March, 2005, when Terri dies following the removal of her feeding tube 2 weeks earlier.

June, 2005. Jeb Bush gets a state prosecuted to investigate Michael Schiavo's actions on the day Terri first went into cardiac arrest. 10 days later, the conclusion of their investigation is no wrong doing on Michael's part. The follow month, Jeb Bush announces there will be no further investigations.

As an aside to all the legal wrangling, Michael Schiavo had the words, "I kept my promise," engraved on her grave marker; and listed February 25th, 1990, the date she slipped into a coma from which she never came out, as the date if her death.
Thank you for your post.

I was referring to when there was actually a dispute.

It was the Schilders that made that happen, and they went to court to fight Michael, not the other way around.

When Michael went to court to be appointed guardian, that was standard procedure, and back then all were in agreement -- the Schindlers were just fine with that - so no dispute.

"On 18 June 1990, Michael was formally appointed by the court to serve as Theresa’s legal guardian, because she was adjudicated to be incompetent by law. Michael’s appointment was undisputed by the parties.

...Michael’s decision not to treat was based upon discussions and consultation with Theresa’s doctor, and was predicated on his reasoned belief that there was no longer any hope for Theresa’s recovery.

It had taken Michael more than three years to accommodate this reality and he was beginning to accept the idea of allowing Theresa to die naturally rather than remain in the non-cognitive, vegetative state.

It took Michael a long time to consider the prospect of getting on with his life – something he was actively encouraged to do by the Schindlers, long before enmity tore them apart. He was even encouraged by the Schindlers to date, and introduced his in-law family to women he was dating.

But this was just prior to the malpractice case ending. As part of the first challenge to Michael’s Guardianship, the court appointed John H. Pecarek as Guardian Ad Litem to determine if there had been any abuse by Michael Schiavo. His report, issued 1 March 1994, found no inappropriate actions and indicated that Michael had been very attentive to Theresa.

After two more years of legal contention, the Schindlers action against Michael was dismissed with prejudice. Efforts to remove Michael as Guardian were attempted in subsequent years, without success."
http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/WolfsonReport.pdf

Science decides that. We know how these things work, you know.

And you bet your ass if my brain were liquified as hers was - I would want out.

It's just stupid to keep nothing but a shell of a human being around, and great cost just so you can feel better about yourself.

Science decides that??????????

Yeah like "science" decided in Nazi Germany that Jews were not really people and could be killed!

Science decides a LOT of things doesn't it in your world.

Nazi Germany indeed!

There really is no discussion you people won't bring the Nazis into, is there? What is making you feel insecure in your argument? You're right, she was dead. Bringing up Nazis weakens your argument, it doesn't strengthen it.
The OP brought up the Nazi's. Take up with them.

I already did, I said how stupid it was when he did it.

Also, I'm not sure Lakhota did it first is a good defense for anything...

Oh, it other words it's ONLY Unfair to bring up Nazi Germany when it hurts your side's argument.

Figures!
Well yeah. Mr "I'm not a liberal" just likes to toss around their talking points.. Might as well defend them too when you are being a big meanie.

Oh, gosh. Really? Jeb Bush intervened at the request of the woman's parents, and he did so to err on the side of life.

Yeah? And? By then he had his new woman and Terri was an inconvenience.

Must of been so hard for him to try to keep up appearances all that time.
More bullshit. Again, if that were the case, he could have simply divorced her. There was nothing for him to gain other than relieving his wife of being in a PVS.

He couldn't divorce her because of her condition.

That's why he wanted her dead!

For someone who claims the courts can decide everything you are woefully ignorant about the law regarding the situation.
Nonsense. Florida statute 61.052(1)(b) allowed for Michael to divorce Terri had he wanted to. Educate yourself next time.

Yeah after trying to strangle her, he sure didn't want to lose any money he might get from her, if he divorced her!

The whole Terri Schiavo story

Why do you LIE? The autopsy showed no signs of abuse or strangulation. Only deranged NaziCons believe anything that comes from World Nut Daily.
Read the link, stupid.

Oh, it other words it's ONLY Unfair to bring up Nazi Germany when it hurts your side's argument.

Figures!

You're so stupid it's funny.

I'll go with yes. I am on your side on this. Your bringing up Nazis is stupid, it hurts my side because of that. Which means it hurts your side too.
Not all swords have 2 edges. Eugenics is what you and the Nazis have in common, a mission to kill off the weak, defenseless, and other undesirables. Human life is not precious to you, so when the next murderous regime arises, it's certain you won't stand in their way.

Figures!

I'll go with yes. I am on your side on this. Your bringing up Nazis is stupid, it hurts my side because of that. Which means it hurts your side too.
Not all swords have 2 edges. Eugenics is what you and the Nazis have in common, a mission to kill off the weak, defenseless, and other undesirables. Human life is not precious to you, so when the next murderous regime arises, it's certain you won't stand in their way.

So letting the body of someone who has no brainwaves expire is the same as killing anyone with a handicap. Does that even sound good to you?

More bullshit. Again, if that were the case, he could have simply divorced her. There was nothing for him to gain other than relieving his wife of being in a PVS.

He couldn't divorce her because of her condition.

That's why he wanted her dead!

For someone who claims the courts can decide everything you are woefully ignorant about the law regarding the situation.
Nonsense. Florida statute 61.052(1)(b) allowed for Michael to divorce Terri had he wanted to. Educate yourself next time.

Yeah after trying to strangle her, he sure didn't want to lose any money he might get from her, if he divorced her!

The whole Terri Schiavo story

Why do you LIE? The autopsy showed no signs of abuse or strangulation. Only deranged NaziCons believe anything that comes from World Nut Daily.
Read the link, stupid.
WorldNutDaily

crying-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

The only evidence of strangulation was a suggestion from a physician hired by the Schindler's of the possibility because the woman he examined had a "rigid neck" after lying in a bed for 12 years.

And you freaks actually take tabloids like WND seriously. :lmao:

Figures!

So letting the body of someone who has no brainwaves expire is the same as killing anyone with a handicap. Does that even sound good to you?
Just love the idea of the government having the power over your life huh? Just like a liberaltarian

Figures!

Just love the idea of the government having the power over your life huh? Just like a liberaltarian

Strawman, I like the idea of government not having the power over your death. Government is grabbing this power. What is to happen to her body after her death should be up to her husband. The courts imposed themselves. Her family made lots of accusations, they couldn't prove any of it.

Figures!

Letting them "expire" does not equal starving to death a woman who can live off life support breathing on her own.

Figures!

Letting them "expire" does not equal starving to death a woman who can live off life support breathing on her own.

Again the conservative trap. We cannot let them "starve," but we cannot give them a shot to end it, so you win by default, you laid a paradox that could not be solved.

The idea government owns our bodies and prevents us from ending our own lives when we face imminent, painful death is sick. And since she could not speak for herself, the job went to her husband when it was far past the point she would ever recover.

Figures!

She was on life support.

Her breathing tube was "artificial life support."

Deal with it.

She felt no pain. She was deaf, blind and her brain had liquified.

It would have been better if she had been allowed an injection to do it quickly, but Right to Lifers wrote laws in Florida making that impossible.

Figures!

Again the conservative trap. We cannot let them "starve," but we cannot give them a shot to end it, so you win by default, you laid a paradox that could not be solved.

The idea government owns our bodies and prevents us from ending our own lives when we face imminent, painful death is sick. And since she could not speak for herself, the job went to her husband when it was far past the point she would ever recover.
We rarely get along, but you are right on in this case.

It's nice to agree.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Figures!

Terri Schiavo was incapable of remaining alive without life support.

Forum List

Back