Term Limits

I repeat Term limits on Congress REQUIRE an Amendment. That requires Congress to create and approve said amendment. Presidential term limits only happened because of a Constitutional Amendment to the Constitution.

I repeat Term limits on Congress REQUIRE an Amendment. That requires Congress to create and approve said amendment. Presidential term limits only happened because of a Constitutional Amendment to the Constitution.

Yes. And there is nothing unconstitutional about an Amendment. That's exactly what I call for. I apologize if I was unclear. I don't want term limits to appear out of thin air and I'm sorry if I made it seem that way.

Yes. And there is nothing unconstitutional about an Amendment. That's exactly what I call for. I apologize if I was unclear. I don't want term limits to appear out of thin air and I'm sorry if I made it seem that way.

We have more then one member of this board that advocate IGNORING the Constitution when ever it disagrees with what they want.

We have more then one member of this board that advocate IGNORING the Constitution when ever it disagrees with what they want.

You mean like Executive Orders?

You mean like Executive Orders?

No JoeB for example has stated on more then one occasion that the Constitution is worthless and should be ignored. He has stated that the opinion of the Supreme Court is up for purchase and w=one need only wait till a couple Judges leave the bench and are replaced to change a decision.

Several of the more liberal members have stated that if the Constitution disagrees with what they think is right that one need not follow the Constitution. others have stated that laws can be passed in violation of the Constitution and should be and then hope the Courts agree with them.

[MENTION=46050]ShawnChris13[/MENTION] the latest usmb doofus to beg for a spanking
Term limits need to be imposed on members of congress. Career politicians are destroying this country, and no matter how you slice it term limits would vastly improve congress. Family dynasties should not be a possibility, and it's what we steered ourselves from during the revolutionary war. Instead of one family ruling we have several families forming a ruling class.

Dumb idea. Imbeciles looking for quick fixes. Look at what it did to California state politics. Geesh :cuckoo:

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

If the American people choose to keep electing the same asshat for 40 years then they get what they deserve.

Not only members of Congress, but on state legislators as well.

Mike Madigan has ruled Illinois with an iron fist for far too long.

How did term limits improve Sacramento? :eusa_shifty:

Your example is a state that consistently hands out tax dollars on social welfare programs and wonders why the entire state is broke? The left leaning state of California only has the majority vote to blame for their failures. When the state legislature has fiscally minded people voted in you will see changes for the better. Senator Feinstein is another huge problem coming out of that state. Term limits could solve the problem of voting in the wrong political ideals. Even if it does take time. Once the television ads stop shouting money for the poor and instead say oh crap were broke California will start choosing people that know what economics is.

Not only members of Congress, but on state legislators as well.

Mike Madigan has ruled Illinois with an iron fist for far too long.

Your example is a state that consistently hands out tax dollars on social welfare programs and wonders why the entire state is broke? The left leaning state of California only has the majority vote to blame for their failures. When the state legislature has fiscally minded people voted in you will see changes for the better. Senator Feinstein is another huge problem coming out of that state. Term limits could solve the problem of voting in the wrong political ideals. Even if it does take time. Once the television ads stop shouting money for the poor and instead say oh crap were broke California will start choosing people that know what economics is.

Why do so many of you have trouble with basic skills? Reading and comprehension should not be this difficult for you. Shame on liberal educators. I blame Obama!

"California voters first imposed term limits on the California Legislature in 1990, when they voted in favor of Proposition 140."

People who live in California would disagree it is a liberal state. It is ruled by whacky left progressives and whack-a-doodle rightwing nuts.

You also confuse term limits with policy.

you poor child of a broken education system :(:(:(

Term limits could solve the problem of voting in the wrong political ideals.

And here it is. You're pissed off that the "right" people aren't being elected. All your talk of what's best for the country is total bullshit.

Why do so many of you have trouble with basic skills? Reading and comprehension should not be this difficult for you. Shame on liberal educators. I blame Obama!

"California voters first imposed term limits on the California Legislature in 1990, when they voted in favor of Proposition 140."

People who live in California would disagree it is a liberal state. It is ruled by whacky left progressives and whack-a-doodle rightwing nuts.

I live in California. It's a liberal state. Your attempts to insult intelligence are feeble and give you no credibility for your words. Having an adult discussion is much more preferable to this theatrical pillar of intelligence you seem to place yourself on.

I live in California. It's a liberal state. Your attempts to insult intelligence are feeble and give you no credibility for your words. Having an adult discussion is much more preferable to this theatrical pillar of intelligence you seem to place yourself on.

On so many issues...oh wait, didn't California voters pass Prop 8?

:lol::lol::lol:

screw you fool

try doing your homework before you start pretending you can post with adults

Term limits are advocated by those who can't get elected otherwise

On so many issues...oh wait, didn't California voters pass Prop 8?

:lol::lol::lol:

screw you fool

try doing your homework before you start pretending you can post with adults

You mean the proposition 8 that everyone is still fighting about? The one that is constantly challenged by courts?

You're a perfect example of why this country is divided. It's difficult to remain civil when you speak such as you do. Tiny points that are so meaningless and obviously incorrect and then you attempt to degrade the view of others with sarcasm. I am posting with adults. You just aren't acting like one.

Term limits are advocated by those who can't get elected otherwise

I'm not trying to be elected. Term limits are advocated by those tired of crony politics and supported by those who turn a blind eye to the obvious misappropriation of offices holding the civil trust enacted by these 'career politicians'.

Forum List

Back