Tennessee Seeks tonBar Same Sex Marriage

And yet that’s how it renders out at the end of the day.

No, not really. I mean, I know you are going to try to find all these hysterical reasons why gay marriage is a bad thing, but no one is going to send you to Tolerance Camp for saying, "Mother".

upload_2019-2-25_5-5-33.jpeg

And yet that’s how it renders out at the end of the day.

No, not really. I mean, I know you are going to try to find all these hysterical reasons why gay marriage is a bad thing, but no one is going to send you to Tolerance Camp for saying, "Mother".
Sure. Just as long as the word “ mother” is only used in the context of “breeder”.

If it is used in it the context of “unique female-only vital role to children throughout their development into adulthood..” you will go readjustment camp...

Those jackasses in backward ass Tennessee are at it again!

URGENT: Oppose discriminatory adoption policy in Tennessee - Freedom From Religion Foundation

The Tennessee Legislature is considering a bill that would allow taxpayer-funded child-placing agencies to discriminate based on religion — and we need your help to stop it.

TN HB 1152, currently in front of the Tennessee House Children & Families Subcommittee, would prohibit the state from taking any action against a child-placing agency that declines to facilitate adoptions conflicting with the agency’s “sincerely held religious beliefs.” If passed, the law would allow these agencies the right to refuse services to, among many other groups, LGBTQ families and children.

This bill is part of Project Blitz, a Christian fundamentalist nationwide push that seeks to inject state legislatures with a whole host of religious template bills, imposing the theocratic vision of a powerful few on We The People. It is an unvarnished attack on American secularism and civil liberties — those things we most cherish about our democracy, and now must tirelessly defend.

Those jackasses in backward ass Tennessee are at it again!

URGENT: Oppose discriminatory adoption policy in Tennessee - Freedom From Religion Foundation

The Tennessee Legislature is considering a bill that would allow taxpayer-funded child-placing agencies to discriminate based on religion — and we need your help to stop it.

TN HB 1152, currently in front of the Tennessee House Children & Families Subcommittee, would prohibit the state from taking any action against a child-placing agency that declines to facilitate adoptions conflicting with the agency’s “sincerely held religious beliefs.” If passed, the law would allow these agencies the right to refuse services to, among many other groups, LGBTQ families and children.

This bill is part of Project Blitz, a Christian fundamentalist nationwide push that seeks to inject state legislatures with a whole host of religious template bills, imposing the theocratic vision of a powerful few on We The People. It is an unvarnished attack on American secularism and civil liberties — those things we most cherish about our democracy, and now must tirelessly defend.
From the POV of kids wanting both mother & father ? Or from the POV of experimental sex fetish lifestyles seeking to use a contract to deprive orphans of either mother or father for life?

That's the thing many like you will never understand. You think that a gay couple only wants damaged children so that they can do whatever perverted thing the want with them, when in fact, they put their heart and soul and money into trying to make these kids whole again.
And here’s the thing that people like you will never understand - your comments are largely irrelevant when taking into consideration that raising children in a homosexual home causes them distress. They know something is wrong when they see every family in the world with a mom AND a dad.
Gender was supposed to be boundless; yet, I did not see my father and his partners valuing, loving and affirming women. My father’s preference for one gender (male) created an inner sense of inequality for me.
Children are irreparably harmed by growzing up with same-sex parents.

My Father Was Gay. Why I Oppose Same-Sex Marriage.

That's the thing many like you will never understand. You think that a gay couple only wants damaged children so that they can do whatever perverted thing the want with them, when in fact, they put their heart and soul and money into trying to make these kids whole again.
And here’s the thing that people like you will never understand - your comments are largely irrelevant when taking into consideration that raising children in a homosexual home causes them distress. They know something is wrong when they see every family in the world with a mom AND a dad.
Gender was supposed to be boundless; yet, I did not see my father and his partners valuing, loving and affirming women. My father’s preference for one gender (male) created an inner sense of inequality for me.

I could find a lot of people who had straight parents who had unhappy childhoods... What's your point.

If being raised in a gay household causes "Distress", it's only because of the hatred of homophobes... So that's a good reason to ban homophobia.

I could find a lot of people who had straight parents who had unhappy childhoods... What's your point.

If being raised in a gay household causes "Distress", it's only because of the hatred of homophobes... So that's a good reason to ban homophobia.
l-28894-political-correctness-is-fascism-pretending-to-be-manners-george-carlin.jpg

same-sex marriage is more about promoting adults’ “desires” than about safeguarding children’s rights to know and be raised by their biological parents.
It’s tragic that people like you put the desires of the “parents” over the needs, development, and mental health of the children.

'Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act' seeks to strip gay marriage rights

I really have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people! My only question is, are they so stupid and blindly driven by their bigotry that they don't know that any federal judge will immediately slap on injunction on this- because they would have to given the Obergefell precedent- OR is a a strategy to get the case back to SCOTUS?

My guess is that they are anticipating and provoking a court fight, but even if it gets to SCOTUS there is no certainty that Obergefell will be overturned. Never in our history a right-once established- been revoked. A Roberts, who seems to have become the new swing vote, is aware of the outrage that would insue and the stain on his legacy that it would inflict.

Nearly four years after the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal throughout the U.S. in its landmark Obergefell v. Hodges decision, Republican lawmakers in Tennessee are attempting to turn back the clock with legislation aimed at barring gay marriage in the state.

The "Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act," which was first proposed in 2016, seeks to "defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary." The bill, which was reintroduced on Friday, would deem the high court's Obergefell decision "unauthoritative, void, and of no effect."

And that is not all

The reintroduced "natural marriage" law, however, "isn't the only anti-LGBT bill on the docket right now," noted Sanders. He said there are at least five other bills in the state legislature that may threaten the rights of LGBTQ people in Tennessee. One of these bills, which was introduced in both the state House and Senate (Pody is the sponsor of the Senate bill), seeks to allow private adoption agencies to decline to participate in any child placement services that would "violate the agency's written religious or moral convictions." This type of legislation, which can already be found in 10 states across the U.S., creates barriers for LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples looking to adopt or foster.

These people have to be, and will be stopped.

This is a good thing….

Marriage is between a man and a woman…

Homosexuals should have unions with all the same benefits as marriage…

How Children Raised By Same-Sex Married Couples Fare

Well, except that's really not what they see. 50% of straight marriages end in divorce. So they are more likely to see Mom and Mom's new boyfriend they refuse to call Dad, and Dad who only shows up on weekends and tries to buy affection.

Now THAT'S distress. Divorce does far more harm to kids than gay marriage does, but no one sane is saying we should compel people to stay married "For the children'.

'Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act' seeks to strip gay marriage rights

I really have to wonder what the fuck is wrong with these people! My only question is, are they so stupid and blindly driven by their bigotry that they don't know that any federal judge will immediately slap on injunction on this- because they would have to given the Obergefell precedent- OR is a a strategy to get the case back to SCOTUS?

My guess is that they are anticipating and provoking a court fight, but even if it gets to SCOTUS there is no certainty that Obergefell will be overturned. Never in our history a right-once established- been revoked. A Roberts, who seems to have become the new swing vote, is aware of the outrage that would insue and the stain on his legacy that it would inflict.

Nearly four years after the Supreme Court made same-sex marriage legal throughout the U.S. in its landmark Obergefell v. Hodges decision, Republican lawmakers in Tennessee are attempting to turn back the clock with legislation aimed at barring gay marriage in the state.

The "Tennessee Natural Marriage Defense Act," which was first proposed in 2016, seeks to "defend natural marriage between one man and one woman regardless of any court decision to the contrary." The bill, which was reintroduced on Friday, would deem the high court's Obergefell decision "unauthoritative, void, and of no effect."

And that is not all

The reintroduced "natural marriage" law, however, "isn't the only anti-LGBT bill on the docket right now," noted Sanders. He said there are at least five other bills in the state legislature that may threaten the rights of LGBTQ people in Tennessee. One of these bills, which was introduced in both the state House and Senate (Pody is the sponsor of the Senate bill), seeks to allow private adoption agencies to decline to participate in any child placement services that would "violate the agency's written religious or moral convictions." This type of legislation, which can already be found in 10 states across the U.S., creates barriers for LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples looking to adopt or foster.

These people have to be, and will be stopped.

This is a good thing….

Marriage is between a man and a woman…

Homosexuals should have unions with all the same benefits as marriage…

The age old question that homophobes can never answer.....How does a married gay couple directly affect your life and marriage? I suspect it doesn't one bit except for the fact that it seems to live in your minds almost constantly. And what is this fascination your guys have with gay sex? I never give anyone elses sex life a second thought, but homophobes seem to obsess about it constantly.

You think marriage should be between an man and a woman, but thankfully now our laws don't agree with you.

Worse yet, people claiming marriage must be redefined as a matter of justice are telling children that the hurt they feel isn’t a legitimate response to objective reality but the result of their own misguided feelings. This is nothing less than victim shaming.
What people like you are doing to these children is shameful. Not only robbing them of the normal, natural structure that exists for a reason, but then trying to convince them that they are “bigoted” for knowing that something is wrong.

New York Times Ignores Kids of Gay Parents Who Want Mom, Dad

Do you have this on a keystroke, Poodle? You kind of remind me of Little Marco repeating that same line about Obama in a debate.

I find it amusing that the same people who want to take health care and food stamps from poor kids are suddenly concerned with DISTRESS some child might feel because they have two dads.

What people like you are doing to these children is shameful. Not only robbing them of the normal, natural structure that exists for a reason, but then trying to convince them that they are “bigoted” for knowing that something is wrong.

So when are you going to advocate a ban on divorce, which robs more kids of a two-parent household than gay marriage does?

The age old question that homophobes can never answer.....How does a married gay couple directly affect your life and marriage?
It doesn’t. At all. And if they can find a church to marry them, have at it. Go for it. I could give a shit. But when government climbs into bed with them and recognizes their marriage, that is catastrophic. It redefines marriage which opens Pandora’s Box.

Like all progressives, you can’t think beyond the end of your nose. You actually believe that all actions occur in a vacuum.

Forum List

Back