Tennessee Rednecks Keep On Thumpin'

Just a quick question for everyone to think about...........

If you're going to allow a Christian based Bible study during recess, then you also have to allow one for Hindus, and Koran studying Muslims.

Are you cool with allowing ALL religious studies during recess (which also allows time for prostelytizing and sharing their faith)?

I mean..........will you allow Muslims to preach THEIR faith at recess as well?

Yes, actually, I am. I was born and raised a Christian and an American. I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

Question is............how many other Islamophobic Christians would share your views? Me? I'd agree, if you allow one, you've got to allow everyone else, but like I said, if a student brought a Koran into school and started reading it at recess with some of their friends, Christian parents would be screaming bloody murder.

BTW dude..........you're right...........one of the best places I've found to be able to speak with God was either riding my Harley through the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico, watching the Creation breeze past and telling Father how much I like it here.

I also do the same thing on a bicycle. On trips of 500 miles or more (yes, on a bicycle) it's really nice to have someone to talk to.

But then again, like the old saying goes, if you talk to God, it's called prayer, but when He talks to you, most people call that paranoid schizophrenia.

You have simply jumped off the deep end here. There is a big difference in not wanting our government to decide the law based upon sharia law and kids talking on a playground. Like ErnieS, most Christians I know would have no problem with their kids talking to a muslim kid on the playgrond about islam. I think they would have a problem with it being taught in the classroom. But that is already illegal. I lived in Nashville 20 years. My children grew up in the public schools there. They went to school with all races and religions. I'm sure they talked. It didn't hurt mine any. And I don't know of any parents complaining about my children.

So you are in support of the liberal anti-free speech movement.

Or is it that your hate for people of faith has blinded you from supporting Constitutional rights?

I believe in separation of church and state. That means keep your stupid 2000 year old religious fairy tales out of and away from my public education. Folla'

You want the bible taught to your children do like my son's wife has done......send them to a K-12 Presbyterian school. 'Course you had better have some serious funds available when you make that decision. All three of theirs are attending now.....'course my son earns about $200,000 per year.

So this whole thread was created so you can tell us how much your son earns? How pathetic.

What about Wiccans..........the only difference is the public's attitude about it.

Hey, if you open it up for one, you're gonna have to open it up for all.

What do you mean 'you

I've never opened up a godammed thing

You're right. You are closed tighter than a clam's ass.
I really have to wonder why a person with sch a knowledge of religion has turned his back on his creator.
By your own admission, you have studied and memorized the New Testament. Surely that was done out of love and not the hate you display for it some 50 years later.
What caused the transformation?

Just a quick question for everyone to think about...........

If you're going to allow a Christian based Bible study during recess, then you also have to allow one for Hindus, and Koran studying Muslims.

Are you cool with allowing ALL religious studies during recess (which also allows time for prostelytizing and sharing their faith)?

I mean..........will you allow Muslims to preach THEIR faith at recess as well?

Yes, actually, I am. I was born and raised a Christian and an American. I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

Question is............how many other Islamophobic Christians would share your views? Me? I'd agree, if you allow one, you've got to allow everyone else, but like I said, if a student brought a Koran into school and started reading it at recess with some of their friends, Christian parents would be screaming bloody murder.

BTW dude..........you're right...........one of the best places I've found to be able to speak with God was either riding my Harley through the mountains of Colorado and New Mexico, watching the Creation breeze past and telling Father how much I like it here.

I also do the same thing on a bicycle. On trips of 500 miles or more (yes, on a bicycle) it's really nice to have someone to talk to.

But then again, like the old saying goes, if you talk to God, it's called prayer, but when He talks to you, most people call that paranoid schizophrenia.
I really don't care what and or how, others worship. You can be a Taoist, CG can be Catholic someone else a Jew. It's none of my damned business. I only wish Cammmmmmmmmmpbell could understand that.
I really don't give a shit if he didn't get that secret decoder ring for Christmas back in 1960. That doesn't justify his constant attacks on those of us who do have a relationship with their Creator.

What do you mean 'you

I really have to wonder why a person with sch a knowledge of religion has turned his back on his creator.
By your own admission, you have studied and memorized the New Testament. Surely that was done out of love and not the hate you display for it some 50 years later.
Satan.

What do you mean 'you

Cammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmpbell copies and pastes a lot. Of course, he doesn't really have to worry because the Bible says:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

He can rail all he wants. If he once professed belief he won't again be condemned.

But what about this particular instance where a kid is going out at recess and reading Bible verses with other students?

Would it be okay if some other kids decided to start Koran readings for those of the Muslim faith?

If you allow Christians, you've gotta allow everyone else as well (including Wiccans).

No one needs a book to talk about religion. Your question is silly. How do you propose to monitor every word a kid says at recess? If parents don't want their kids listening to another kid talking about his/her religion tell their kid to play with someone else! Oh, and BTW, the SCOTUS has already rules that students in public schools have fundamental rights and freedom of speech as long as it does not disrupt the classes..

In Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District, 393 U.S. 503 (1969), the Supreme Court extended free speech rights to students in school. The case involved several students who were punished for wearing black armbands to protest the Vietnam War. The Supreme Court ruled that the school could not restrict symbolic speech that did not cause undue interruptions of school activities. Justice Abe Fortas wrote,

chools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students...are possessed of fundamental rights which the State must respect, just as they themselves must respect their obligations to the State.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, nobody needs a book to talk about religion, however, reading a Bible in the playground with others, talking about what they read is actually a Bible study, and that is essentially what this kid is doing.

Like I said, if you allow it for Christians, will you also allow it for Muslims?

Muslims believe in Christ. What's your problem? You hate Muslims and Christians? Please tell me you know that Muslims believe Christ is a prophet.

Oh you don't do you?:lol: Gotcha .....

Whoa geeze how much hate do you have.

Too bad that student isn't hitting "school books". Getting an education that will get you a job by "studying" the Bible is as likely as getting a job from reading comic books and Sunday "funnies".

The Bible is a really cool book. Reading it in entirety was most interesting.

One part completely blew me away when I realized Jehovah loved his daughters. A whole tribe. God loved them and gave them their inheritance sp tired. ?

Jehovah stood for these women. You learn a lot when you just read on your own and don't let some one else try to tell you what's in the book.

And you also find out when you read it by yourself at how sad He was over the flood. And His promise for forever to never let Himself ever get that angry again.

He was heartbroken. Rainbow is a real deal.

Last edited:
Too bad that student isn't hitting "school books". Getting an education that will get you a job by "studying" the Bible is as likely as getting a job from reading comic books and Sunday "funnies".

If you can make it thru the "begats" you can do anything in life.:lol: Trust me.

Last edited:
What do you mean 'you

Satan.

Satan or evil, what ever you care to call it, is a path presented to all of us. I took detours down that path myself more than once.
I'm thinking Cammmpbell's story is more personal. I've asked him 5 or 6 times now, but the best I can come up with is that Santa didn't come up with that secret decoder ring when he was 27. His faith was shaken to the core.

Yeah like Malcolm X's date of birth comes up a lot out in the real world. Like learning how to worship the obama in song makes our kids better citizens.
99.94% of us will never need to know the shit we learned during Black History Month once we're out of high school.
But look! Here we are discussing the Bible. Imagine that!

When I was in my 20's I had most of the new testament committed to memory.....chapter and verse. Most people who claim to be Christians can't quote 10 verses and get it right. My problem is that none of them actually live the way the new testament instructs them to. They think their translation of what a preacher tells them is all they need. The preacher is telling them exactly what he knows they want to hear. Anything to keep the money coming in. Kinda funny that in the old testament god told Noah the exact measurements by which to build the ark. There is nothing in the new testament about how to build a church. The whole thing is a man's game devised to control and get into other people's pockets. That's not just my opinion....that's the truth.

I don't go to church, for the fact that i've had a hard time finding one that i feel is a REAL Bible/God teaching church. But God also said where 2 or more gather in His name, He will be there also. A church doesn't have to be a building, it's a gathering of His believers. So some of us meet weekly for prayer and Bible study on our own.

It's too bad that you had such a bad experience and now have turned away from Him. The bad part is you let what PEOPLE have done turn you away from your Lord.

If it doesn't have to be a building why does the church own more real property than any other entity on earth except the governments

God didnt build those building....man did (does). God doesn't care how big or fancy a building is that they call "church". I agree with you on this though, i think "man" goes very overboard with this. Who are they trying to impress? God? He doesn't care. And i don't think He really likes that all the money spent on an extravagant building is not instead used to build his kingdom and helping others. So as i said, you're letting MAN turn you away from God. He's in your heart, not some fancy building.

But what about this particular instance where a kid is going out at recess and reading Bible verses with other students?

Would it be okay if some other kids decided to start Koran readings for those of the Muslim faith?

If you allow Christians, you've gotta allow everyone else as well (including Wiccans).

No one needs a book to talk about religion. Your question is silly. How do you propose to monitor every word a kid says at recess? If parents don't want their kids listening to another kid talking about his/her religion tell their kid to play with someone else! Oh, and BTW, the SCOTUS has already rules that students in public schools have fundamental rights and freedom of speech as long as it does not disrupt the classes..

In Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District, 393 U.S. 503 (1969), the Supreme Court extended free speech rights to students in school. The case involved several students who were punished for wearing black armbands to protest the Vietnam War. The Supreme Court ruled that the school could not restrict symbolic speech that did not cause undue interruptions of school activities. Justice Abe Fortas wrote,

chools may not be enclaves of totalitarianism. School officials do not possess absolute authority over their students. Students...are possessed of fundamental rights which the State must respect, just as they themselves must respect their obligations to the State.

First Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, nobody needs a book to talk about religion, however, reading a Bible in the playground with others, talking about what they read is actually a Bible study, and that is essentially what this kid is doing.

Like I said, if you allow it for Christians, will you also allow it for Muslims?

I'd allow it for Muslims, Jews, Hindus, or anyone else; the one rule being no arguing between different faiths, or we all give up the privilege of having the discussions on the playground; seems fair to me. No one is being forced by the school to join in these discussions, so I fail to see how the school (as a public institution) is "promoting" or "encouraging" any particular faith; all it's doing is allowing the free expression of ideas. Silly me; I thought education was supposed to be about a free marketplace of ideas in the first place.

Forum List

Back