Christians - The Sermon on the Mount

I think he expects us to try to live it. We all fall short so he knows we will miss the mark occasionally.

I think he expects us to try to live it. We all fall short so he knows we will miss the mark occasionally.

^^^^ This.

God and I have the occasional heated debate about this. I try.... but he made me a sarcastic devilish individual so I can't be responsible when I fail to live up to Him. :lol:

If your arms cause you to stumble--learn poise
If your eyescause you to lust--flirt...

That Sermon on the Mount?

^^^^ This.

God and I have the occasional heated debate about this. I try.... but he made me a sarcastic devilish individual so I can't be responsible when I fail to live up to Him. :lol:

He also gave you free will to change who you are.

^^^^ This.

He also gave you free will to change who you are.

You don't hear about it much. Too liberal I suppose. :eusa_angel:

I'd hate to think that He wasted His time and energy
:eusa_shhh:

If you aim for perfection, chances are you'll land somewhere near excellence.
:cool:

the sermon on the mount is in how many gospels?

and it directs you to be perfect .......something man cannot do

The full sermon is in Matthew, you can find parts of it in other Gospels.

And yes, we can be perfect, but only through the Grace of God.

man cannot be perfect nor can man become a god....

simple as that

repentance without changing ones behavior is not repentance

Not enough to drop a little nugget of knowledge and then run off, Bones.

Treat us like a 6 year old Pre-schooler with ADD and explain what you just said!

Whimsical language and colored pictures would be helpful to us!

I'd hate to think that He wasted His time and energy
:eusa_shhh:

If you aim for perfection, chances are you'll land somewhere near excellence.
:cool:

I have a friend who says, 'perfection is unsustainable.' Yeah, tell that to the judge in a med mal case! :eek:

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

No man is perfect. We live in the world of Satan and this world intrudes into our minds everyday. We can strive to be sinless but as long as we reside in this world of evil we will always face temptation and have impure thoughts. And it is up to each individual to come before Christ and ask for forgiveness for those thoughts or actions. And it is when we become risen into the presence of GOD that we achieve perfection.

Personally, I think Christ gave us the Sermon on the Mount because He expect us to make it our standard and live it as His disciples.

Forum List

Back